Res reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelebell

Aug 28, 2002
Rumors are flying high....as always. Anyone have anything on the rumors that res will be reduced by layoffs or a res center closing? This has been a rumor for some time, however there seems to be more fire to it this time. You know the saying where there is smoke, there is fire.
The office was buzzing today after meetings took place in MCO res.
What I don''t understand, for the most part, everyday we have been in overtime.

IMO on Kerry's visit is this..it was just a visit. Do not see any res office closing at this time, but who knows that the future holds. For what I am understanding we are roughly 400 agents overstaffed. Wonder how many people who want to retire could want to retire a little earlier than planned with a decent package, not a George Fisher speciality of four N/r tkts a year. It is also my opinion that the powers to be could care less about pax having to wait to make a reservation or to ask a simple question. They only look at the bottom line. Would not be surprised to see furloughs, but hey even if our wonderful upper management in CCY decide to close an office, nothing I can do about it. I cannot control what happens tomorrow can only have some sort of control on what happens today.

That's 400 YES votes crying in the unemployment line, But hey, no sweat..they can still travel free for 3 or 4 years to go visit Mickey and Minnie.

Wonder how many people who want to retire could want to retire a little earlier than planned with a decent package, not a George Fisher speciality of four N/r tkts a year.

George Fisher of KODAK? Can you explain this statement?

Just curious.

thnx

I don't know where Mr. Fisher is now..he came to U from Sprint, as a hatchet man, I think it was in late 1994. He's the one who closed the RNO res office. Employee friendly he was not.

George Fisher who came to U about 8 years ago IMO was hired to be a hatchet man for the company. Closed our Reno office due to us being overstaffed. Guess he was correct. We at that time had over 200 calls on hold with overtime being constantly offered on a daily basis. He came to U from Sprint and one of the good things that Wolf did when he came in was let George go.

I also recall RENO REZ staging a big tyme sickout/sabotage of calls and pnrs during their pre-closing days which caused them to close earlier than anticipated..I don't recall this chaos happening last year with the other 5 offices closing..is this a kindler gentler BUSH generation?Will luck hold out again with the likelihood of another office closure? Stay tuned I guess.

Whatever the bad news..guaranteed it will come on a Friday - around the holidays....the company seems to be famous for these things....all we can do is wait...

Now everyone at the bottom end of the seniority roster can walk around on pins and needles for the next week or so, I wish that it was more of a suprise, rather than having some information slowly leaked..

I was in Reno and in Indy when they closed--or it was announced. First of all there was no sick out in Reno. We were just completely devistated and we did nothing to the records to sabatoge them. They had meetings every day to try and find us jobs. We had decisions to make about when and where we would go and some of us made the wrong decision--not because the city we went to wasn't great and the people there--just because some of us got moved to nashville then indy then wherever. Reno was a great res center and the people there were the nicest in the world but then so too were the people in Indy. The office closed early because someone else wanted the space and it had to be remodeled--or so we were told.
Good luck to all of you.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/25/2002 1:15:43 PM drifterreno wrote:

I was in Reno and in Indy when they closed--or it was announced. First of all there was no sick out in Reno. We were just completely devistated and we did nothing to the records to sabatoge them. They had meetings every day to try and find us jobs. We had decisions to make about when and where we would go and some of us made the wrong decision--not because the city we went to wasn't great and the people there--just because some of us got moved to nashville then indy then wherever. Reno was a great res center and the people there were the nicest in the world but then so too were the people in Indy. The office closed early because someone else wanted the space and it had to be remodeled--or so we were told.
Good luck to all of you.
----------------
[/blockquote]

not that I necessarily blame them in Reno, but why did the number of pnr errors and complaints(rudeness) go up exponentially during that period?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/25/2002 3:52:26 PM NCYankee wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/25/2002 3:22:37 PM RealityCheck wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/25/2002 2:56:43 PM RumorS wrote:

getting numbers here in PIT ... BOTTOM 160 getting packets today.....any other offices getting numbers????? HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!
----------------
[/blockquote]
Was it By straight out seniority... or by PT first and INT and FT last classification?

----------------
[/blockquote]
According to the contract, they can't just layoff PT first; it should be by seniority.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Welllllllll.........last year during the big furlough packet scare of late SEPT, they handed out packets to ALL P/T for sure, even if 25 years, and the last 4 or 5 years of FT, if Im not mistaken..'Twas the basis for a lot of talk, discussion, and misinterpretation and not sure if it was ever resolved, since the remaining offices didnt have to let anyone go.

[blockquote]
----------------

getting numbers here in PIT ... BOTTOM 160 getting packets today.....any other offices getting numbers????? HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!
----------------
[/blockquote]
Was it By straight out seniority... or by PT first and INT and FT last classification?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/25/2002 3:22:37 PM RealityCheck wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote]
According to the contract, they can't just layoff PT first; it should be by seniority.

Status
Not open for further replies.