Respect Or Insult

Ray said:
John Liotine I am not 100% sure I got his name spelled right.

Yes John Liotine, I was emailed this letter that John Liotine sent to John Richards in regards as to what went on with amfa.

To John Richards:
Greetings. I noted a letter I authored in the summer of '98, when I was president of an AMFA local , regarding the profession of aircraft mechanics has appeared on various bulletin boards. In that letter, I concluded aircraft mechanics needed AMFA to protect their profession, for "As goes your profession, so goes your job."
Just to set the record straight, I still believe mechanics need involve themselves in a union to protect their profession, however, I was gravely mistaken in my support of AMFA and regret getting others to go along with an organization that, when I needed defense against the pencil whipping of aircraft maintenance, (not by union members working as mechanics), AMFA became an instrument of retaliation against me.
How is it that an organization that states in the opening precepts of its own constitution that the public trust and air safety is of prime concern, when one of its own members keeps that trust, that member is retaliated against?
I was actually put on trial for going to the FAA, though that "trial" was thinly disguised as a recall. In this "trial," (organized by persons that were friends of, worked for and/or received favored treatment by one or more of the individuals, [again, not union members employed as mechanics], being investigated for falsifying maintenance records), words such as "FAA," "FBI," "DOT," "investigation," etc., occurred 200 times. I requested of the AMFA National Director only a fair and impartial hearing, which I never received.
One of the persons who ran the recall campaign 1) organized the trial committee, 2) served also as an accuser at this same "trial," in addition to 3) giving a "summary" of the trial to the membership with only 4) his own opinion of matters.
Not once, as required by the AMFA constitution, did I receive a reply to my request for an appeal from the National Director.
AMFA, instead of filing a grievance against management personnel pencil whipping aircraft maintenance, came after one person willing to stand up against such illegal and ultimately fatal activities.
Sincerely, John Liotine

John Liotine was recalled as president of AMFA local 37, because he repeatedly failed to abide by his local's bylaws(bylaws he help establish) concerning FAA,NTSB etc. investigations. Don't get me wrong. John did a great thing by exposing the "pencil whipping" that was going on by ALASKA management. The only thing was,he didn't stop whistle blowing when he needed to stop whistle blowing. Sometimes you can go to far. Example:Mr.Liotine was telling everybody (the press included)that the worn jackscrew caused flight 261 to crash, but the NTSB found conclusively that could not have caused the damage that was evident on the recovered jackscrew from flight 261. The NTSB found conclusively that the jackscrew failed because of a lack of lubrication. How the jacksrew lost or did not receive enough lubrication that's anyone's guess. While the NTSB was conducting it's investigation of Flight261, Mr. Liotine should have kept quiet until the investigation was over.

Geez,
You guys are NEVER happy, first you tell me I am full of it, you can't remove officers, then you tell me to name one, so I do, then you tell me how it was all messed up and the guy was run out of office and now he does not support AMFA.
Geez, the guy lost his position in the union for his actions. Do you think he would be happy? But like I said, any time, for any reason. I did not know he was actually removed by a trial. I saw an interview with him on TV in which he stated there was a recall against him. But since there were charges drawn up I guess the trial took place. Looks to me like if there was a simple recall it would have happened.
So, I will ask this question again. Can any of you twu types name any officer that might be recalled if these articles were in the in twu constitution?
Gee, I can think of one
"Without further ratifcation"

Now, regarding "trials" I would be careful about you say about trials at AMFA locals after we had many members stripped of their rights right here in Tulsa for the vile act of wearing a Local 12 shirt. Gee Liotine gets removed from office because the members felt he was "ratting them out to the FAA". We have people that have their rights removed for wearing a shirt! Let me repeat that FOR WEARING A SHIRT I can understand John's frustration. I don't know if he is even with Alaska Airlines anymore, he got a bad deal all the way around. Last I knew of him he was withheld from service by the company. I think the company did not like him talking to the FAA either. I wonder why.

j7915 and James T Kirk,

RE: AMFA Recalls,

GO research these AMFA recalls and get back with us...

Chuck Underwood, Bill Bailey and Vic Remeneski

You guys are nothing more than liars and uninformed. Remeneski retired before his recall was complete, but the process was clearly in the works.

Well after some more research on John Liotine, I found he also ratted out a bunch of QA people for the tooling and and lack of inspections. This is what pissed the membership off and started the recall, not the managers as he sugests. I also found when he left he sued the company for $500K and won.

j7915, what do you think of a person who would try and throw all the blame on (2) managers and 6-8 inspectors to save his ass before they had concluded the different grease types used were not compatible with each other???

Latest posts