Results Of Last 2 Polls

Sep 9, 2002
I would like get consensus opinion on the last two polls :

"Concessions III" and "What will the most likely outcome of U"

I would especially like to hear from Usa320 he seems to do great analyzing and forming of opinions on published articles.

Here we have opinions on two polls from hopefully mostly Usairways employess, the ones that will be voting on their fate. What do we all see? I see only one fate. If as one poster says about labor participation is correct... well

To me it looks like the employees are saying do it without labor concessions and if you can not then take it chapter 7.

That might be what it looks like on this board, but the reality is (as evidenced by the LOA 91 vote) the majority of those left on the property will continue to give up wage and work rules so that they can stay employed. The threshold level of pain has not been reached. There is still 300 million to get from the pilots, 120 million from CWA, and 100 million from AFA. IAM talks tough on the boards, but in the end they will give up scope and pay.

Why would the IAM give anything else up? With the A320 Family work soon to be gone, what is left? Maybe sell out the rest of Utility, but that is about it. Watch for the same stance from the IAM with U as with EA (The Final Nail in the coffin). Good Luck All, I know I can handle life without U and I just hope you can too.

bluetoad said:
That might be what it looks like on this board, but the reality is (as evidenced by the LOA 91 vote) the majority of those left on the property will continue to give up wage and work rules so that they can stay employed. The threshold level of pain has not been reached. There is still 300 million to get from the pilots, 120 million from CWA, and 100 million from AFA. IAM talks tough on the boards, but in the end they will give up scope and pay.
What LOA91 suggest is what everyone has been saying all along, even before LOA91, that pilots will give because it is the only way to further their professional career. And that is all it suggest. It makes good sense for them.

As for the Ticket agents, ramp, mechanics, utility, I personally believe it will be a great reach to even attract the attention of support for more concessions. Quite clearly, nobody is really listening and it is forcing management [and even USA320] to start screaming from a hill about bankruptcy, seemingly in a desperate way, but still nobody there to listen.

Difficult situation indeed.

regards,