Retired, But No Pension

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways Bankruptcy - Retired, but no pension
Karen Ferrick-Roman, Times Staff
06/26/2005

Don Silvis, 58, retired Jan. 1 from working the ramp at US Airways after nearly 39 years with the airline.

More than six months later, the Hanover Township resident has yet to receive a pension check, either from US Airways or the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp., which took over the airline's pensions in February.

He is not alone.

He said he was told by a US Airways human resources employee that about 150 baggage handlers, members of the International Association of Machinists, fell through the cracks in the transition period between US Airways and the PGBC.

Click for Story

700UW said:
US Airways Bankruptcy - Retired, but no pension
Karen Ferrick-Roman, Times Staff
06/26/2005

Don Silvis, 58, retired Jan. 1 from working the ramp at US Airways after nearly 39 years with the airline.

More than six months later, the Hanover Township resident has yet to receive a pension check, either from US Airways or the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp., which took over the airline's pensions in February.

He is not alone.

He said he was told by a US Airways human resources employee that about 150 baggage handlers, members of the International Association of Machinists, fell through the cracks in the transition period between US Airways and the PGBC.

Click for Story
[post="278975"][/post]​

There was a woman, a very sweet person that I dealt with in HR when I was going thru the retirement process. This woman took a personal interest in me and everything that was supposed to happen, happened line per line. At least my last months and days at U were handled properly and went extremely smooth. That was when tons of people were first bailing not knowing what the future held, they were swamped but still I was treated extremely well. U is filled with people such as this women and yet they too are treated as garbage. It’s no wonder this fellow trying to received the benefits he has coming is treated indifferently when the people he’s dealing with are dramatized and living in a nightmare called U. Not everyone is a sweet caring person under such circumstances.