On The Federal 'no-fly List,

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
On the federal 'no-fly list,' US Airways worker is grounded
Karen Ferrick-Roman - Times Staff
10/02/2005

Campbell, 42, lives in Rochester. She describes herself as a single mom and US Airways baggage handler. Twice a week, she flies to and from work in Philadelphia.

But her name, for reasons that have gone unexplained to her, has caught the attention of the federal Transportation Security Administration, which is in charge of security.

Click for Story

now that sure is sad that the govt wont allow her to ride in a plane but yet the FAA issued ID allows her to work around a plane. I believe she should sue the govt, tsa, fbi and the works to try to get off of the no fly list

TSA is a federal hellhole agency thats is a big B .

but nonetheless if you know you are on the no fly list but not a match
it does not take that long of a time to be cleared .

so plan accordingly

What I find annoying about press accounts about people in her situation is that they almost always say the person is on the no fly. It is not the person who is on the list it's the name, a name that may be shared with thousands of others, that is on the list. It think it was "David Nelson" who first got the spotlight about two years ago. (And Sen Kennedy was not on the list; the airline staff trying to check him in knew that.)

It does take time to go through the steps to establish that the person in question is indeed not the actual individual listed. There have several news stories about families missing flight while "officials made sure their three year old child was not a terrorist."
The "officials", be they employees of an airline or the TSA, are not allowed to use common sense and must go through the procedures. Even for a three year old.

And Campbell lives with the ultimate irony.

"I could go right out to the airplane on the ramp and blow it up without ever getting in that plane." Of course, for 17 years, she hasn't.

Her issue isn't access to the plane. It's access to riding inside one.

What a stupid thing to say to reporter. What would happen if a passenger said that at an airport?

there are a lot of employee who were on the no fly list
there is a process she needs to go through with tsa fbi and corporate security to clear her ..

then again if she is donated money to groups that is passing it on to terrorist or she is connected to anyone suspected of a federal crime hey who knows

More likely some twit with her same name lost her ID and reported it misisng and THAT put her name on the list. You just cant believe how many people loose there wallets on a daily basis. I saw it at the counter a LOT! :(

Latest posts