Retirees filed to be reheard

Koolcat

Advanced
Mar 21, 2014
June 5th , the retirees filed to be reheard by a 11 panel judges of the 9th district of appeals court.

Well, can't say I'm surprised. Guess we will just continue to wait. The funny thing is, it's not all that much money. These idiot retirees will have spent more on this lawyer, than what little award they may get.

June 5th , the retirees filed to be reheard by a 11 panel judges of the 9th district of appeals court.

Kat, do you have a link to the appeal? I'm not finding anything.

It seems fruitless for them and surely it is costly to be doing this. I wonder how many of them are in this suit, and what the costs are to keep doing this.

Well, can't say I'm surprised. Guess we will just continue to wait. The funny thing is, it's not all that much money. These idiot retirees will have spent more on this lawyer, than what little award they may get.

And to think that the people you call idiots could stop this from happening again! These "idiots" are trying are trying to correct are wrong !

And to think that the people you call idiots could stop this from happening again! These "idiots" are trying are trying to correct are wrong !

Since the Courts continue to rule against them, it's the Legal "Justice" system who says they are wrong. Idiots might be a little harsh? Rather greedy, uneducated or easily manipulated would be better terms to use.

All I know is at least "My" money is being held and invested wisely and continues to grow in value. While the people who initiated this suit watch "their" money continue to burn a hole in their pockets.

If they're continuing to pay this Lawyer to take the issue as far as they can then maybe we should start to call them idiots, or fools?

No, the retirees are being greedy. They took the early out money. They should move on with their lives. Those of us still on payroll are left to work under a bankruptcy concessionary contract. Yeah, I will stick with idiots. They are idiots for listening to some lawyer. The only one to benefit from all this is the lawyers. Thx idiots.

I am curious as to how much of their $39,000 before taxes they have spent on this case from the beginning to throughout all the appeals up to this point? There comes a point where you have to realize that it is no longer worth the financial effort and cut your losses.

Just a heads up for all you guys bashing retirees, the vast majority of us have no interest in your equity nor contributed one dime to that cause. Those driving this failed venture can probably be traced to the ex-TWU officers who took the EO. What I do care about, as I've stated previously, is the release of my medical prefund match being held hostage by a greedy corporAAte intity.

Reactions: AOAMT86 and 1AA
I am curious as to how much of their $39,000 before taxes they have spent on this case from the beginning to throughout all the appeals up to this point? There comes a point where you have to realize that it is no longer worth the financial effort and cut your losses.
There is no financial risk for them. They found a lawyer who would take the case and be paid only if they won. That is why he won't stop. He will keep being an ass until all his options are gone. We need to sue to make the retirees pay all our legal fees since it is frivolous. These bastards sold us out for 40K and left us to eat a big bag of crap and now they want what little equity we got. To hell with all of them.

Just remember if the 9th Circus does rule in favor of the retirees, ~80% of its rulings which are appealed and heard by SCOTUS eventually get overturned...

Reactions: 2ndGENAMT
I am a retiree and think it is useless. Would be nice to get D2 back but not expecting it to happen. I laugh when Doug says they learned a lesson by going with Am West policies instead of US. Go with the larger carrier. Then WHY did they go with HP's policies instead of AA's? US's policy before HP came along was retirees were equal with active employees. We went by seniority. Seniority or first come, I really don't care. Prefer seniority since I don't have to hover over my computer at 6:00 am but whatever. Would be nice to be treated as an equal instead of a has been . In 33 years I think I was not able to get on a flight because of a retiree maybe once. And that was his right. He was on the payroll when I was in diapers. Props to him.

I am a retiree and think it is useless. Would be nice to get D2 back but not expecting it to happen. I laugh when Doug says they learned a lesson by going with Am West policies instead of US. Go with the larger carrier. Then WHY did they go with HP's policies instead of AA's? US's policy before HP came along was retirees were equal with active employees. We went by seniority. Seniority or first come, I really don't care. Prefer seniority since I don't have to hover over my computer at 6:00 am but whatever. Would be nice to be treated as an equal instead of a has been . In 33 years I think I was not able to get on a flight because of a retiree maybe once. And that was his right. He was on the payroll when I was in diapers. Props to him.
Don't feel too bad. Us active employees are having a hard time getting on flights. We end up buying tickets if we have to be somewhere very important. With all the upgrades and smaller aircraft flying routes that widebodies flew in the past it becomes a challenge to non rev on popular destinations and major cities. Then you add American Eagle flying routes that were mainline flying it just gets difficult.

Almost 18 months of negotiations with no end in sight
14% cut right off the top.
Company match pretending nada.
Share gain
Trying to give pushback to fleet
No p.v.'s
No flex vacation
Get to pay twice the cost of benefits then out first class iam buddies
No vote on the association (though we were promised one)
The dumbing down of a once proud maintenance organization.

As a second class employees did I miss any benefits of this "merger"

We did get a raise. Now sit down and we will tell what we are going to do.

There is no financial risk for them. They found a lawyer who would take the case and be paid only if they won. That is why he won't stop. He will keep being an ass until all his options are gone. We need to sue to make the retirees pay all our legal fees since it is frivolous. These bastards sold us out for 40K and left us to eat a big bag of crap and now they want what little equity we got. To hell with all of them.
My knowledge of court costs is very limited, but you would think it gets expensive to file these appeals. If the costs are being absorbed by the lawyers then they are taking big hits here. And the early out people would be in for a laughable surprise if they saw what the equity was. I agree they should be counter sued to pay all expenses for the union. Makes you wonder why that has not happened.