Revenge can be Ugly!

Flyboy4u

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
OK guys...here it goes..commuting to STL tonight ( 12/07/07) in uniform, with crew bags aboard LUV. ...Yes, I know, its not AA, but an airline where we have an agreement with to allow F/A's to commute on. Due to not enough room for carry on bags, I was asked to check my bag which I gladly said no problem.. When I arrived in STL, I had no bag yet, my sign in for my trip was at 0500 on 12/08. The flight continued on to BWI then onward. I went to the lost baggage area for LUV I was greeted by a very nice lady to try and help me...I told her what happened and her response was " It was probably one of those pissed off furloughed F/A's who did that to you ". I responded with my dumbfounded " Huh" ?..Her response was " I just lost my recall rights with AA, but I am sure I can help you. "...Anyone care to respond to, whether or not, I will ever see my bag with everything in it again? I told this lady, I too was furloughed so I can understand what she is going through...In the mean time, I contacted BWI, as well as, all subsequent stations that this flight arrived at with no sign of my bag by anyone.....I still have no bag, no medicine and no car keys or clothes...I am flying for the next 5 days...Merry Xmas to all! I am sure others on here will say what they always do....Well it's a choice to commute? ( Not when you were furloughed by AA ),. I guess the good ole' days of being nice to those in the same profession have been thrown out the door....I have learned my lesson the hard way...Wayyy to go TWA..I have been always on your side, but this cuts really low.

What Unity?

I do not understand the idea of trying to screw someone over who you do not even know and who had nothing to do with what happened. You workd for an airline. You were not in charge of what happened to anyone. It's like yelling at the food server for bad food.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

:angry2: OUCH !! :down:

That is a terrible story. One time my crew bag got tossed into the belly without a tag - mid trip. If you can find an agent that will work with you, it is amazing how they CAN track a bag - if they want to.

Good luck.

I have never had a moments problem commuting on SWA. I doubt seriously that the AA-TWA has anything to do with your lost bag. I am even surprised that the person on the STL end said anything so tacky. That is not an attitude or action that will lead to long-term employment at SWA. They don't allow that sort of customer/employee interaction.

Did they make you check your tote bag? Keys and medicine would never be packed in my Travelpro. I honestly don't think it was TWA revenge.

In the early 90's, there were a couple of AA pilots who had their kitbags sent off to never-never bag land while commuting/non-reving through the Eagle gates at ORD. Nobody was "feeling the love" at the time, and fingers raised to the F100 pilots while taxing was not unheard of. The bag thing even happened to AA pilots who were former ORD Eagle guys stopping by to chat with their old buddies.

Not saying it happened in your case, but honestly, so what?

I think your venting is warranted, but do it at the layover bar with your crew, not on a public chatboard.

OK guys...here it goes..commuting to STL tonight ( 12/07/07) in uniform, with crew bags aboard LUV. ...Yes, I know, its not AA, but an airline where we have an agreement with to allow F/A's to commute on. Due to not enough room for carry on bags, I was asked to check my bag which I gladly said no problem.. When I arrived in STL, I had no bag yet, my sign in for my trip was at 0500 on 12/08. The flight continued on to BWI then onward. I went to the lost baggage area for LUV I was greeted by a very nice lady to try and help me...I told her what happened and her response was " It was probably one of those pissed off furloughed F/A's who did that to you ". I responded with my dumbfounded " Huh" ?..Her response was " I just lost my recall rights with AA, but I am sure I can help you. "...Anyone care to respond to, whether or not, I will ever see my bag with everything in it again? I told this lady, I too was furloughed so I can understand what she is going through...In the mean time, I contacted BWI, as well as, all subsequent stations that this flight arrived at with no sign of my bag by anyone.....I still have no bag, no medicine and no car keys or clothes...I am flying for the next 5 days...Merry Xmas to all! I am sure others on here will say what they always do....Well it's a choice to commute? ( Not when you were furloughed by AA ),. I guess the good ole' days of being nice to those in the same profession have been thrown out the door....I have learned my lesson the hard way...Wayyy to go TWA..I have been always on your side, but this cuts really low.

What Unity?

I wasn't going to dignify this with a reply but I am astounded that not only would someone suggest that happened but that you would actually believe it.. 1. Very few of the furloughed f/as are flying for SWA. 2. The ones I know are consumate professionals, have given up their recall rights and are very happy at their new airline home. 3. The recent "falloffs" received a reprieve so they aren't about to do anything to "rock the plane". 4. Did you understand, those now flying for SWA had to give up their recall rights. They are HAPPY. Those recalled are glad to be back in the air, are enjoying meeting and flying with new peers and those still on the list are axiously waiting for the "golden letter". I don't know how long you've been an airline employee OR a passenger but I would think EVERYONE knows NEVER to check meds, key or valuables. While I've been lucky as a non rev never having bags lost, my daughter has had her luggage lost every time she has flown to Europe (or back) as a full fare pax. What are those odds? I think you need to rethink your anger and perception that all former TWA f/as are out to "get" the AA employees. Nothing could be farther from the truth. All are well aware that recall is simply a matter of game playing between mangt. and the APFA. No more, no less.

You have got to be kidding. To suggest that this is not possible and does not happen is beyond foolishness. A majority of employees for most companies are good honest people doing a good honest days work. They take the BS and let it slide off their backs. There are occasions where someone says something or does something that just hits a button and all bets are off. I did a TDY (Temp duty assignment) in LAX along time ago when I just got hired on at AA. There was a summer fare sale that NWA started and AA brought to fill tilt (1991 or 1992 I think for those of you who were around). We had some royal pin heads come up to the counter and every now and then one would come to the counter, have a bag that was too big and be a ass about when he/she was told to check it. He was going to MSY and his bags sure as hell were not tagged to there. Other times the gate agent told the bag handler to have it sit for a few flights. The pax signed a voluntary separation tag so we did not have to deliver. It happens, get over it. Rock the boat? There is little if any risk of ever being caught. No one sees you doing it and all you have to do is feign ignorance.

To think that all TWA folks are as pure as the driven snow is fanciful at best. Last I check you folks are part of the human race and lets face it, revenge can be fun. To deny that is a bold face lie. We have all thought of it, most of us have done it at least once, and those of us who have not want to but are afraid of getting caught. Most of the TWA people I have dealt with are as professional as any one else. Some are as useless as t1ts on a bull just as others are. Please do not assume that your crap does not stink as bad as the rest of ours. To assume that some are not bitter is about as realistic as assuming that the aforementioned story is not possible. I have seen it happen and I have taken part in my own bit of revenge as well. Sometimes satisfying, sometimes not.

I would agree that for Flyboy to hold a grudge against all TWA FA’s for the unverified actions of one individual is foolish. But no more foolish than assuming it could not/did not/would never happen.

OH, one more thing. This is the reason I always volunteer to gate check my bag before I am asked and before I get on the plane. I have learned never to piss off the gate agent or a FA. You may just have been an innocent victim who incurred the blow by from a FA who was pissed off by someone else. She/he may just have been irritated at all the excess bags and decided that you should have known better. Who knows? There are so many possibilities of why it happened (including just bad luck) that there is no way of knowing.

You have got to be kidding. To suggest that this is not possible and does not happen is beyond foolishness. A majority of employees for most companies are good honest people doing a good honest days work. They take the BS and let it slide off their backs. There are occasions where someone says something or does something that just hits a button and all bets are off. I did a TDY (Temp duty assignment) in LAX along time ago when I just got hired on at AA. There was a summer fare sale that NWA started and AA brought to fill tilt (1991 or 1992 I think for those of you who were around). We had some royal pin heads come up to the counter and every now and then one would come to the counter, have a bag that was too big and be a ass about when he/she was told to check it. He was going to MSY and his bags sure as hell were not tagged to there. Other times the gate agent told the bag handler to have it sit for a few flights. The pax signed a voluntary separation tag so we did not have to deliver. It happens, get over it. Rock the boat? There is little if any risk of ever being caught. No one sees you doing it and all you have to do is feign ignorance.

To think that all TWA folks are as pure as the driven snow is fanciful at best. Last I check you folks are part of the human race and lets face it, revenge can be fun. To deny that is a bold face lie. We have all thought of it, most of us have done it at least once, and those of us who have not want to but are afraid of getting caught. Most of the TWA people I have dealt with are as professional as any one else. Some are as useless as t1ts on a bull just as others are. Please do not assume that your crap does not stink as bad as the rest of ours. To assume that some are not bitter is about as realistic as assuming that the aforementioned story is not possible. I have seen it happen and I have taken part in my own bit of revenge as well. Sometimes satisfying, sometimes not.

I would agree that for Flyboy to hold a grudge against all TWA FA’s for the unverified actions of one individual is foolish. But no more foolish than assuming it could not/did not/would never happen.

OH, one more thing. This is the reason I always volunteer to gate check my bag before I am asked and before I get on the plane. I have learned never to piss off the gate agent or a FA. You may just have been an innocent victim who incurred the blow by from a FA who was pissed off by someone else. She/he may just have been irritated at all the excess bags and decided that you should have known better. Who knows? There are so many possibilities of why it happened (including just bad luck) that there is no way of knowing.

No Garfield, I find you really off base. Maybe in a strike situation, maybe. I was not implying that the former TWA f/as were any better than anyone else. They just have more at stake. Those who have returned are being watched for any indiscretion. Their off duty is being seperately tracked. I can only speak of those I know. The f/as now flying for SWA were excellent employees and are happy to be there. While they care about the recall rights of their FORMER peers, they have made a new home for themselves. I flew for 35 years and would have NEVER done this to another employee or pax... Dropped their roll on the floor, perhaps, but not screw with their belongings. Sometimes bags get separated. I've seen bagged for MIA go to MCI and vice versa. Why not just chalk it up to "stuff happens". I hope the bag is found but I don't think I would be so fast to cast blame.

Thank you Garfield for that post....AS far as the rest of the questions concerning this let me say that LUV employees have always been very kind and generous. NExt, I am an active F/A with AA in uniform commuting. When I went to the SW baggage office the agent for SW was the one who greeted me....Also, it was her Exact next remark about " It must have been a pi*sed off Furloughed F/A who did that to you..I just lost my recall rights ". Now this remark through me for a loop...I never expected that comment to come out of the mouth of a Baggage agent for SWA. All I was concerned about was my bag...sorry if I think she was trying to be revengeful, but why would she even say that?....I dont know her at all....As far as my stuff being in my rollerboard...As a non-rev on another carrier I was the last to board the flight...I have never had any probs with SWA before, and was told the flight was wide open for seats, thus why I was given a boarding pass upfront. Before, I stepped on the plane 1 min prior to the Delayed departure, I was asked to check my bag....This happend at the very last minute, and I almost had to check my tote as well....

Still without bags but flying my trip,

Thank you Garfield for that post....AS far as the rest of the questions concerning this let me say that LUV employees have always been very kind and generous. NExt, I am an active F/A with AA in uniform commuting. When I went to the SW baggage office the agent for SW was the one who greeted me....Also, it was her Exact next remark about " It must have been a pi*sed off Furloughed F/A who did that to you..I just lost my recall rights ". Now this remark through me for a loop...I never expected that comment to come out of the mouth of a Baggage agent for SWA. All I was concerned about was my bag...sorry if I think she was trying to be revengeful, but why would she even say that?....I dont know her at all....As far as my stuff being in my rollerboard...As a non-rev on another carrier I was the last to board the flight...I have never had any probs with SWA before, and was told the flight was wide open for seats, thus why I was given a boarding pass upfront. Before, I stepped on the plane 1 min prior to the Delayed departure, I was asked to check my bag....This happend at the very last minute, and I almost had to check my tote as well....

Still without bags but flying my trip,

If you have a name and would like me to do some "checking", please email me @ [email protected]. I am still astounded that someone world make that kind of comment. (especially as all f/as working for SWA AS F/As had to give up their AA recall rights and did so gladly).

If you have a name and would like me to do some "checking", please email me @ [email protected]. I am still astounded that someone world make that kind of comment. (especially as all f/as working for SWA AS F/As had to give up their AA recall rights and did so gladly).

Please "RE" READ my post.....I never once said she was a F/A with LUV...In fact, the F/A's at LUV have never been more helpful....This lady is part of the "lost" baggage division of SWA...She said this to me....So what I am I supposed to do? Again, I too was in her same situation....Those of you on these boards who are EX TWA....I have worked with you. You guys are great, and have some great ideas to bring to us at AA. However, I have never taken advantage of any airline employee and I was the last one you wanted to make mad....I lost everything when I too was furloughed by this company, and for another airline ( Who we supposedly have an agreement with ), to do this to me, was the last straw. What Else am I supposed to think?

Still without bags, but yet flying

No Garfield, I find you really off base. Maybe in a strike situation, maybe. I was not implying that the former TWA f/as were any better than anyone else. They just have more at stake. Those who have returned are being watched for any indiscretion. Their off duty is being seperately tracked. I can only speak of those I know. The f/as now flying for SWA were excellent employees and are happy to be there. While they care about the recall rights of their FORMER peers, they have made a new home for themselves. I flew for 35 years and would have NEVER done this to another employee or pax... Dropped their roll on the floor, perhaps, but not screw with their belongings. Sometimes bags get separated. I've seen bagged for MIA go to MCI and vice versa. Why not just chalk it up to "stuff happens". I hope the bag is found but I don't think I would be so fast to cast blame.

Guess what, if they can screw with someone in a strike they can do it any other time. All it takes is opportunity and motive.

So what does

but I am astounded that not only would someone suggest that happened but that you would actually believe it..

mean? By asserting that to believe such a thing could be perpetrated by a TWA FA is folly, you are implying that TWA'er are better than that. Either that or you are in denial about the real world in which you live. Take your pick. Since you stated now that you do not believe that TWA'ers are better than the rest of us, then they are capable of committing the same acts that the rest of us have all thought about (with the possible exception of you) and have sometimes acted on.

Sounds like you are saying this is impossible. You are living in a fantasy world if you think this does not happen on a regular basis. I have seen bags tagged PHX end up in NRT. And it ain't no accident. I remember walking by a BMAS agent back in my res days and heard this side of a conversation. Basically, the gist of it was that he finally admitted he pissed off the agent and that is why his bag was not in the same state that he was. While you may not have done such a dastardly deed, we are not all as perfect as you. Some of us actually cave into our dark side. I think of it often but act on it rarely.

Did not sound like he was casting blame. He was responding to the remarks that were made to him by the BMAS agent.

Guess what, if they can screw with someone in a strike they can do it any other time. All it takes is opportunity and motive.

So what does

but I am astounded that not only would someone suggest that happened but that you would actually believe it..

mean? By asserting that to believe such a thing could be perpetrated by a TWA FA is folly, you are implying that TWA'er are better than that. Either that or you are in denial about the real world in which you live. Take your pick. Since you stated now that you do not believe that TWA'ers are better than the rest of us, then they are capable of committing the same acts that the rest of us have all thought about (with the possible exception of you) and have sometimes acted on.

Sounds like you are saying this is impossible. You are living in a fantasy world if you think this does not happen on a regular basis. I have seen bags tagged PHX end up in NRT. And it ain't no accident. I remember walking by a BMAS agent back in my res days and heard this side of a conversation. Basically, the gist of it was that he finally admitted he pissed off the agent and that is why his bag was not in the same state that he was. While you may not have done such a dastardly deed, we are not all as perfect as you. Some of us actually cave into our dark side. I think of it often but act on it rarely.

Did not sound like he was casting blame. He was responding to the remarks that were made to him by the BMAS agent.

Garfield, I will stand by my statement that KNOWING the f/as that were former TWA who are now flying for SWA I would say this is unlikely. It would be easy to trace the crew and find out who was working the flight. As for gate agents and ground crew I wouldn't comment because I don't know them.

Maybe you have given reason for this to happen to you but in 35 years of flying I never saw it happen on one of MY flights nor did I hear it ever being discussed. I don't think I'm in the minority. But then, your comments don't really surprise me because you very rarely have anything nice to say about a f/a, AA, former TWA, or anyone. You are correct, I would have never thought of sending someone's bag to another destination, and once again I don't think I'm in the minority. Nor would I write up another crew member, or go running to the Company when someone doesn't do what I think is "proper". This isn't about being "perfect", it is about being professional. Or better still an adult. If this is the "norm" at AA, then you have more problems than I ever imagined.

ps..The f/as that lost their recall rights in Oct were not fomer TWA. Just a point for clarification.