Richard Branson's Next Big Adventure

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Richard Branson's Next Big Adventure

Talks between Virgin and US Airway Group about acquiring some of the ailing carrier's assets have foundered

NEW YORK (Business Week) - He has no qualms about jumping into the tough airline market in the U.S.

See Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

It's horrible that our own government is going to give this airline tax breaks when the market is already oversaturated. It's not like any of the 3 airports proposed is underserved right now. All this will accomplish is a new, younger airline which will lead to further reduction of the "elderly" employees at the majors. Too bad that the people who make these types of decisions are so loaded in dough that they will never feel what it's like to find yourself unemployed and unemployable at age 50.

Fly said:
It's horrible that our own government is going to give this airline tax breaks when the market is already oversaturated. It's not like any of the 3 airports proposed is underserved right now. All this will accomplish is a new, younger airline which will lead to further reduction of the "elderly" employees at the majors. Too bad that the people who make these types of decisions are so loaded in dough that they will never feel what it's like to find yourself unemployed and unemployable at age 50.
It part of the master plan. The government in partnership with the industry is ratcheting down the average compensation packages for all airline employees. The more "young" carriers that enter the marketplace, the faster that ratcheting can occur. At some point, American job seekers will realize that airline jobs are really not worth the hassle. The jobs will go wanting, and the government/industry cure will be cabotage to maintain air service.

For those parties interested in US Airways, Business Week reported that talks between Virgin and US Airway Group about acquiring some of the ailing carrier's assets have foundered.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Eye In The Sky-

If you have a link on how to get involved with Virgin USA, please post it!

I know about 2000 flight attendants who feel they are worth alot more than $1000 a month and regional jets! :D

Fly said:
It's just sad that this is the state that our country has reached. I am so MAD that our government would give anything to a new upstart when there are tens of thousands of people laid off. I will be so glad when this administration is history. I just hope that they haven't done so much damage that it's too late.

Hah! I always thought that was the new Spring 2004 Bee Keepers Line.

That dancer IS mesmerizing, though... :blink: B)

Latest posts