Richard promises pay increase announcement soon

So then its only ok only if theres an upside? And now people are pissed because DAL is just honoring the beloved CBA?

That's just it; this isn't an issue of honoring/violating our cba... DL is trying to make it one. Worse than that, they want you all to believe that same lie, and it looks like it's working on at least a few of you.

You don't see the inherent problems in the way DL leadership is handling this?

You can't see the hypocrisy in what they're preaching vs. what they're practicing?

Modifying the pay of a union contract under the Railway Labor Act is considered a major alteration of the contract and allows the union to move to self help. It would be ridiculous to go on strike over a pay increase so it is likely the unions will sign letters of agreement to allow the increase.

Some of the Delta supporters need to learn the other Rules Of The Road for the changes ahead.

The latest on pay raises.

------------------------- ------

To: Delta Colleagues Worldwide
Subject: Pay Increases Coming Soon

Delta’s philosophy on pay is pretty simple – provide industry-standard pay .
I have just one question for you Dapoes. With Delta being the only Non Union carrier of the majors. Just who do you think it is who sets this so called "industry standard pay" and actually raises the bar.

Go ahead you can say it. :huh: I'll even help you: UNIONS ;)

That's just it; this isn't an issue of honoring/violating our cba... DL is trying to make it one. Worse than that, they want you all to believe that same lie, and it looks like it's working on at least a few of you.

You don't see the inherent problems in the way DL leadership is handling this?

You can't see the hypocrisy in what they're preaching vs. what they're practicing?

Kev, we will never agree on this matter. Your CBA is set in stone, so no more or no less. You wanted, you got it. You have to take the good with the bad. Not when its only to your benefit. End of story.

Kev, we will never agree on this matter. Your CBA is set in stone, so no more or no less. You wanted, you got it. You have to take the good with the bad. Not when its only to your benefit. End of story.

That's fine by me; I'll take the better Scope, benefits, vacation, etc.

With regard to the pay rates, I'm still ahead of my DL counterparts when factoring "total compensation" in.

Say what you want about our CBA, but there's nothing in it precluding Anderson from extending that raise to everyone. If DL doesn't want to do it, that's okay; they just need to be upfront about it, instead of lying to the masses.

That's fine by me; I'll take the better Scope, benefits, vacation, etc.

With regard to the pay rates, I'm still ahead of my DL counterparts when factoring "total compensation" in.

Say what you want about our CBA, but there's nothing in it precluding Anderson from extending that raise to everyone. If DL doesn't want to do it, that's okay; they just need to be upfront about it, instead of lying to the masses.

No lies Kev, it is what it is. You cant have your cake and eat it to.

No lies Kev, it is what it is. You cant have your cake and eat it to.

It is *not* what it is.

Let's be clear about a few things:

* I don't begrudge anyone at DL for getting a step increase. Far from it.

* This is not sour grapes, despite what you might think. I'm honestly okay with the increase we'll be getting, as I'll still be ahead of my widget counterpart.

* Enjoy your raise, just know the motives behind it.

It is *not* what it is.

Let's be clear about a few things:

* I don't begrudge anyone at DL for getting a step increase. Far from it.

* This is not sour grapes, despite what you might think. I'm honestly okay with the increase we'll be getting, as I'll still be ahead of my widget counterpart.

* Enjoy your raise, just know the motives behind it.

You are not ok with it, you been complaining about since the subject arouse Kev. Otherwise we wouldnt be having this conversation. And as you as a mech, and me as a FA, our pay scales are like apples and oranges.

These pay increases where outlined long before union/merger issues my. Believe it or not...

These pay increases where outlined long before union/merger issues my. Believe it or not...

This is simply not true.
Please refrain from lying to this man just because you think that he is not in a position to prove you wrong. The only communication "outlined" was that DL would get you to "industry standard" by 2010. There weren't any pay increases scheduled by date and, in fact, had it not been for the flight attendants attempting to organize early 2008, we would have been passed over for the increase July 1, 2008. DL had absolutely NO intentions of giving the employees an increase July 1, 2008 AND January 01, 2009. I can give you a time-line if you like?
Discontinue being a management tool.

This is simply not true.
Please refrain from lying to this man just because you think that he is not in a position to prove you wrong. The only communication "outlined" was that DL would get you to "industry standard" by 2010. There weren't any pay increases scheduled by date and, in fact, had it not been for the flight attendants attempting to organize early 2008, we would have been passed over for the increase July 1, 2008. I can give you a time-line if you like?
Discontinue being a management tool.

Sorry to disappoint you but that's not the case.

Sorry to disappoint you but that's not the case.

It IS the case! O.K., I'll play along but riddle me this. After the January 2009 increase, there will be DL workgroups that continue to be 17% below the "industry standard". When will the next increase be and at what increase interval is DL going to ensure that these employees are at "industry standard" by December 31, 2010?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please place your answer here and do not look at other students papers.

if industry standard does not go into effect until 2010, that simply means you arent even there yet...(even with restoration)..
the worlds largest airline should be paying industry leading and setting the standard, not playing catch up..

if industry standard does not go into effect until 2010, that simply means you arent even there yet...(even with restoration)..
the worlds largest airline should be paying industry leading and setting the standard, not playing catch up..

I agree with that statement and wonder how DL can make a commitment to "industry standard" in 2010 when they don't even know what industry standard will be in 2010. Maybe dapoes can come back and give us some insight when she's through pretending to be southwind on another forum. :lol:

You are not ok with it, you been complaining about since the subject arouse Kev.

I'm not complaining about the fact that you guys are getting one. Not at all (you're just going to have to trust me on that).

Where I'm crying foul is at the fact that Anderson "blames" it on a CBA being in the way (and telling you the same), when in fact he knows that's not true.

So, again, I'm glad you got an increase-enjoy it. Just know the motivation behind it.

Otherwise we wouldnt be having this conversation. And as you as a mech, and me as a FA, our pay scales are like apples and oranges.

These pay increases where outlined long before union/merger issues my. Believe it or not.

First: I'm not a mechanic. They're not in the IAM at NW. I'm a crew chief on the ramp.

Second: If you're an F/A (that obviously wouldn't be affected by an IAM card drive), why do you continue to pimp the anti IAM company line when you don't have a dog in this fight?

I agree with that statement and wonder how DL can make a commitment to "industry standard" in 2010 when they don't even know what industry standard will be in 2010. Maybe dapoes can come back and give us some insight when she's through pretending to be southwind on another forum. :lol:

Southwind? :blink:

Latest posts

Back