Richard promises pay increase announcement soon

Man, oh man......

Spelling lessons asides. Does anybody knows how are the DL/NW integration teams are making out among the 2 workforces? Are any differences between the FA's; AMT's; and ground workers being ironed out, or are they are keeping constant communication with each other. I haven't heard much from the people I've talked to. They are still in the dark about the two workgroups coming together.

Seems to me like there is still discord amongst the two workforces........

P.S. Hey DL Technician - please DON'T look down on us "ramp rats". A lot of us choose this job because of the flexibility, and benefits of this job. I've been doing this over 15 years (full & part time and have another job also) and make pretty damn good money doing it. A lot of people doing this also want to get their foot into their company's door so they can be where YOU are. So we all have a part to play in this.

You should be agreeing with us that all we want is what we lost. (and more). PERIOD.

Man, oh man......

Spelling lessons asides. Does anybody knows how are the DL/NW integration teams are making out among the 2 workforces? Are any differences between the FA's; AMT's; and ground workers being ironed out, or are they are keeping constant communication with each other. I haven't heard much from the people I've talked to. They are still in the dark about the two workgroups coming together.

P.S. Hey DL Technician - please DON'T look down on us "ramp rats". A lot of us choose this job because of the flexibility, and benefits of this job. I've been doing this over 15 years (full & part time and have another job also) and make pretty damn good money doing it. A lot of people doing this also want to get their foot into their company's door so they can be where YOU are. So we all have a part to play in this.

You should be agreeing with us that all we want is what we lost. (and more). PERIOD.

I am hopeful that people will see how serious this is and we will get this worked out so that we can get this show on the road around the globe. This can be a monumental disaster or it can be a monumental success.

Only Obi whine truly knows...EVAN I know that.

Man, oh man......

Nice reply there T5

tit for tat. you're not all whiners , I have never implied that, just you and a couple of others. So tell me Kev, as a ramp rat what else could you ever qualify for away from the airline industry? Walmart is waiting for you.

My skill set has me well positioned should working at DL no longer be an option. This isn't my only gig, and I'll be fine. In fact, so will damn near everyone I know. You must be really out of step if you think we're all Wal-Mart bound.

Are you saying that none of your coworkers on the ramp have marketable skills? You can't be serious! Think about it for a bit before you answer.

Wow, I remember many just like you before the ball dropped.

Me too. They seemed to be the ones that "face planted" the hardest.

I would wager 10 to 1 on Kevin's ability to qualify for various employment and intellect vs you, simply based on your elementary use of the English language, correct grammar, and vocabulary. You are a Technician..a challenging position no doubt, yet hardly one for University Professors.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

You have no idea what most of these people do in addition to their airline jobs (not that they have to DO ANYTHING). People stay involved in this industry out of passion. Something your lawyer Masters know nothing about. Their passion appears to be the ruthless pursuit of dollars.

Exactly. No one (outside of upper management) is here to get rich. If they are, they're in the wrong place.

I await your intellectually superior challenge to my cerebral abilities of finding employment beyond aviation...obi wan kenobi.

I have a feeling we'll be waiting for a long time...

No no no Kev I disagree with ya..With the few exceptions who were recalled who are honorable most of the AMT's are SCABS and they DESERVE to be at the bottom of the barrel and they need to stay there if not kicked to the curb all together. We fought to rid ourselves of the iam and we negotiated a first contract that netted me a 13 dollar an hr raise. Not bad. The rest of the industry followed then 9/11 happened. Long story short these lowlifes were in training to replace us at a much lower pay just to get hired by a major because by the looks of it most of these toothless trailer camp A@P's couldn't get hired by a real company so they all scrambled to take ours. Thanks to them all that hard work that brought the industry up an average of 10 dollars an hr quickly went back down 10 dollars and then some with the exception of a few good companies like SWA, UPS, and FedEx. Thankfully I work for FedEx and get to enjoy a better wage and better benefits and I didn't have to be forced to move to DTW or MSP likes the SCABS did because they are the only choices. Off my soapbox now Kev sorry.....

I hear you, and agree. What I was driving at is that the imposed terms should open a window on to the kinds of terms this management regime is capable of inflicting.

Those at DL make no mistake; it's the same guys driving the company truck. And before someone chimes in with how great their "direct, open relationship" is, remember they actually had to go to court to do this last time. There's nothing stopping them this go around.

Man, oh man......

Allegedly, they've finished voting on the DL side as to the makeup of the committees themselves. Supposedly, there'll be NW people involved as well, but that can't happen until after representational issues are settled.

Well put. I think guys like DL Technician are so blinded by their sense of importance that they forget how critical every last person's role at the airline is.

Good luck. Expecting fair treatment equates to "whining" in his mind.

P.S. Congrats on the raise over there! :up:

What I'd really like to know is when you're going to contribute something-anything-of substance to the topic(s) at hand.

I'm still waiting, DL Technician...

It IS the case! O.K., I'll play along but riddle me this. After the January 2009 increase, there will be DL workgroups that continue to be 17% below the "industry standard". When will the next increase be and at what increase interval is DL going to ensure that these employees are at "industry standard" by December 31, 2010?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please place your answer here and do not look at other students papers.

Dapoes,
Now that the January pay increase toward industry standard has come and gone (it's now May 8th, 2009), I can't seem to find(sarcasm intended) where the next scheduled increase is slated to be received. Since you previously stated that the industry standard path has been provided, could you now enlighten us? :rolleyes:

Dapoes,
Now that the January pay increase toward industry standard has come and gone (it's now May 8th, 2009), I can't seem to find(sarcasm intended) where the next scheduled increase is slated to be received. Since you previously stated that the industry standard path has been provided, could you now enlighten us? :rolleyes:

Actually the raises did happen in Jan. :up:

Yes, I agree. Now when is the next scheduled increase towards industry standard?

Delta's goal is to have an industry standard pay structure competitive with network and low-cost carriers. Industry standard for scale jobs reflects the national average for the carriers in our competitive set. On July 1, 2008, we took another important step in reaching industry standard. We're committed to continuing our progression toward industry-standard pay for all workgroups by the end of 2010. In the meantime, it is important to note that the data shown on these published pay scales does not take into account other pay such as Shared Rewards and Profit Sharing which are in place right now at Delta.

Bold added by me.

Broke,
This basically says nothing encouraging. It says that by the end of 2010, you'll still be CONTINUING your PROGRESSION, NOT that you'll BE at industry standard pay by the end of 2010.

DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING WITH THIS CREW! IT IS WRITTEN THIS WAY FOR A REASON!

Bold also added by me.
2BnB

So Delta is throwing a few more bread crumps and boasting "industry standard" by 2010. Since the day I was hired and the day I left we had been hearing that statement. It will never happen, they always liked to keep the F/A's just behind the rest and promise for the future.

As for pay time lines the only time line Delta ever set up was during our massive paycuts. Some F/A's stumbled upon a time-line set up on computer paper. They (management) decided it only took about 6-8 weeks (in there minds) for the F/A group to forget about specific paycuts. So they set up a time line and posted what they were going to cut every 6-8 weeks. If you google our paycuts that is exactly how often we lost money, work rules, and everything else that made up our little rule book. A video of the women who found this time line can be found on YouTube.

I still have some of my "work rule" and pay scale booklets and papers and most of you have no idea how much would have to be given back, to even remotely resemble what was once had. When the time line was finished and all the cuts had stopped, all we had left was a gutted pay scale, no premiums or any type of OT pay, pension was frozen, and everything else was set to FAA standards. So all of our work days ran basically 14+ hours and we could do nothing about it.

The only people that deny this or don't remember it to be that bad are people like Dapoes, who are management pets and still got the best of the best. It's the people like herself that don't care since either way they are always treated better then the rest of the group.

Good Luck guys!