Rivals' Weakness Is Ual's Edge

Bear96 said:
I agree, which is why I said:
I was reacting to WT's gloating over UA's situation over the past months or years while crowing and cooing and burbling and gushing about how invincible DL is due to far superior management and more virtuous employees, etc. etc.

I wasn't trying to suggest UA's troubles are over. Obviously they won't be, even on the other side of Ch.11.
[post="298539"][/post]​

I guess I was suggesting that these companies may or maynot be called what they are today, that most jobs will be intact under another, and that more trials and tribulations are ahead, so perhaps and it's very difficult, more faith or less obsessiveness would be easier than constant 'grinding' about these things. Most jobs will be saved or intact, it just might not be for who's signing the checks today and outright liquidations are highly unlikely... :)

Good-luck to all... B)

WorldTraveler said:
Even now, AA has lower costs than UA despite the "advantage" of BK that UA should have. DL's costs are lower still. Those are cold, unemotional facts.
[post="298339"][/post]​
And how much does the presence of fewer seats per plane (by way of E+) cause this?

WorldTraveler said:
DL's operating cost is unchanged by pilot lump sum benefits; that money comes out of the pension plans - you know the ones DL still sponsors (unlike their Chicago based competitor).
[post="298339"][/post]​

Nice try at a jab. I wasn't implying that DL pilot's grab of the lump sum cost DL directly. Just that they were willing to take their money and run, even if it meant leaving their company high and dry. Then they had to be bribed to come back and "help out for a while." So again, they are not the martyrs you implied them to be.

WorldTraveler said:
I don't know about you but I personally would rather not attack people.
[post="298339"][/post]​

Hmmm... Given your history I'm a little skeptical about this comment. Easy to try to claim the high ground when you the shoe is on the other foot. You're right, I don't like slinging mud. That's why I don't start fights. But if someone brings the fight to me, well that's a different story.

P.S. I have and do aknowledge the few kind words you've had for UA recently.