Russia announces rearmament plan

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
Just as everyone else in the world see's Obama as week and insignificant, Russia hits the reset button and gives the middle finger to the messiah.

Russia announces rearmament plan

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has said Moscow will begin a comprehensive military rearmament from 2011.

Mr Medvedev said the primary task would be to "increase the combat readiness of [Russia's] forces, first of all our strategic nuclear forces".

Explaining the move, he cited concerns over Nato expansion near Russia's borders and regional conflicts.

obama_putin.jpg

Russia is not allowed to defend their interests?
Err...its a classic power grab, Obama is cutting defense and Russia will max theirs out. How long have you been around? Geez :blink:

Err...its a classic power grab, Obama is cutting defense and Russia will max theirs out. How long have you been around? Geez :blink:

So you want to get into another arms race with Russia? They invaded Chechnya, we invaded Iraq. You think they are going to take over Europe? China would be thrilled with that idea. Speaking of China, you think Russia might be worried about them? You think we ought to be worried about China taking over a weak Russia? After all, Russia does have that black stuff we invaded Iraq to secure. Hmmmm. You ever think about that?

I sure hope you're pretty.

News flash dapoes, the Russians started modernizing their forces during the Bush years. That's because during the nineties the Russian military was in sad shape. Pilots were only getting a fraction of the hours, ships spent most of their time tied to the pier and desertion was rampant in the Army. Once oil revenue started to come in they had no choice but to spend some of it on the military.

Once again dapoes you leave important facts out. Like how much they would have to spend in order to match what we spend. Or how long it would take for them to match our military. Example, the USN has eleven aircraft carriers. The Russians have only one. It takes about five years for a CVN to be built for the US Navy. Since the Russians have very little experience building them it will take them longer. However let say it takes them five as well. Do the math on how long it would take them to match us.

News flash dapoes, the Russians started modernizing their forces during the Bush years. That's because during the nineties the Russian military was in sad shape. Pilots were only getting a fraction of the hours, ships spent most of their time tied to the pier and desertion was rampant in the Army. Once oil revenue started to come in they had no choice but to spend some of it on the military.

Once again dapoes you leave important facts out. Like how much they would have to spend in order to match what we spend. Or how long it would take for them to match our military. Example, the USN has eleven aircraft carriers. The Russians have only one. It takes about five years for a CVN to be built for the US Navy. Since the Russians have very little experience building them it will take them longer. However let say it takes them five as well. Do the math on how long it would take them to match us.

What hole did you pull this out off? Whilst russia is not expanding, Obama is cutting defense spending altogether. You really think this is wise?

It's gonna be alright ! Obama and the Demorats are gonna hold hands with everyone and sing the "Coke" song !
Wonder if Russia, Bin Laden and Islamic Terrorists ( "ENEMY COMBATANTS", ALREADY KNOW THE WORDS ?

I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow-white turtle doves

Chorus:
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company
(That's the song I hear)
I'd like to see the world for once
(Let the world sing today)
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills
For peace throughout the land
That's the song I hear
(That's the song I hear)
Let the world sing today
(Let the whole wide world keep singing)
A song of peace that echoes on
And never goes away

Put your hand in my hand
Let's begin today
Put your hand in my hand
Help me find a way

"HEIL OBAMA !"

What hole did you pull this out off? Whilst russia is not expanding, Obama is cutting defense spending altogether. You really think this is wise?

OH gee. You are wrong again. Imagine my surprise.

According to the OMB, the proposed 2010 budget for the military is $527 billion. That is a 8% increase over the budget from 2009 and it is the amount that Bush Jr. agreed thought was appropriate. The 25% decrease is a red herring. The JCS wanted $584 billion and the $527 billion is 25% less tan what the JCS wanted.

I wonder if there is any waste in the military that they might be able to cut out. May be they can look at the R&D and procurement process to start out with. Hmmmmmmmm

Swing and a miss Dapoes. I sure hope you're pretty.

You really want to know what hole I pulled this out of? I know this is hard for you but they are called facts.

Fact, the Russian military is but a shadow of it's Red Army predecesor. Fact, the Russian military still largely depends on conscripts. In other words a bunch of people who realy don't want to be there. Those with the connections or cash don't serve. Fact, the Russian Air Froce has nothing that compete with the USAF front line fighter the F-22. Fact, the Russian Navy second rate compared to the USN.

Here are some more facts for you to digest. There is not a military in the world that would stand much of a chance against the US military on a conventional battelfield.

Tell you what dapoes, why don't you try and support your claim that the USA is somehow less safe because of a reduction in defense spending.

You really want to know what hole I pulled this out of? I know this is hard for you but they are called facts.

Fact, the Russian military is but a shadow of it's Red Army predecesor. Fact, the Russian military still largely depends on conscripts. In other words a bunch of people who realy don't want to be there. Those with the connections or cash don't serve. Fact, the Russian Air Froce has nothing that compete with the USAF front line fighter the F-22. Fact, the Russian Navy second rate compared to the USN.

Here are some more facts for you to digest. There is not a military in the world that would stand much of a chance against a the US military on a conventional battelfield.

Tell you what dapoes, why don't you try and support your claim that the USA is somehow less safe because of a reduction in defense spending.

Couple nukes and its even Steven..................

So I guess it really doesn't matter how much they spend on defense. In the end niether the US or Russia will decide to duke it out.

With our overwhelming technological superiority what would an opponent do when backed against a wall?

You seem to be quite knowledgeable of military tactics and response.....I suppose you are aware that Ivan believes a nuclear exchange is survivable.

Here are some more facts for you to digest. There is not a military in the world that would stand much of a chance against the US military on a conventional battelfield.

But what does the word 'escalation' infer??

With our overwhelming technological superiority what would an opponent do when backed against a wall?

You seem to be quite knowledgeable of military tactics and response.....I suppose you are aware that Ivan believes a nuclear exchange is survivable.

How many nuclear armed countries have gone to war? The answer is none and the reason for that is both sides know, like you pointed out, that things can quickly escalate out of control. The information I gave is not that hard to find. It's out there if you know where to look. Unfortunately dapoes seems unable to find it.

If Ivan thinks a nuclear exchange is survivable then why have they not launched a nuclear attack in the 50+ years of them having nuclear weapons? The perfect time would have been in the early sixties when they had nukes in Cuba. There would have been very little warning time if they had chosen to do so.

Here's something about Ivan you overlooked. Unlike us they know what its like to have their cities destroyed in war. They also know what it's like to take horrific casualties, to the tune of 20 million.

I am aware of what you imply.
But a scenario with Russia like you originally inferred has never happened yet....hopefully its nyet.
Personally I don't think any prolonged conventional ground war would go too far,especially if we were having the upper hand without them going tactical.
Our Euro doctrine was based on going tactical with the overwhelming Soviet tank advantage.

It'll be in the Straits.......Israel and US...Russia from the North......China/Iran from the East.

The Big Dance...

Back