Russia announces rearmament plan

I am aware of what you imply.
But a scenario with Russia like you originally inferred has never happened yet....hopefully its nyet.
Personally I don't think any prolonged conventional ground war would go too far,especially if we were having the upper hand without them going tactical.
Our Euro doctrine was based on going tactical with the overwhelming Soviet tank advantage.

It'll be in the Straits.......Israel and US...Russia from the North......China/Iran from the East.

The Big Dance...

Dell I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make.

I strayed a little.....

SO we get into a conventional war with Russia..........we are overwhelming them.....what do you think they would do?
Surrender??
I doubt it.............tactical nukes.

How many nuclear armed countries have gone to war? The answer is none and the reason for that is both sides know, like you pointed out, that things can quickly escalate out of control. The information I gave is not that hard to find. It's out there if you know where to look. Unfortunately dapoes seems unable to find it.

If Ivan thinks a nuclear exchange is survivable then why have they not launched a nuclear attack in the 50+ years of them having nuclear weapons? The perfect time would have been in the early sixties when they had nukes in Cuba. There would have been very little warning time if they had chosen to do so.

Here's something about Ivan you overlooked. Unlike us they know what its like to have their cities destroyed in war. They also know what it's like to take horrific casualties, to the tune of 20 million.

Well, Pakistan and India to name 2, with constant skirmishes regarding Kashmir.
The missing link is the preverbial "rouge" state aquiring nuclear weapontry....yes, Iran to name one.
Russia may be well behind us in terms of military capability, but the fact remains, when they see weakness within the USA, read: Obama, current financial meltdown, etc., they always react "militarily" to said situations. As far as the 60's being the "perfect time", you are absolutely incorrect. Kruzchev may have been a nut case, but he wasn't stupid enough to confront the "bad a## on the block.
As far as Europe during WWII, yes, their cities were destroyed, and many lives were lost. But the 20 million "casualties" you refer to is quite interesting, indeed. I know you refer of course, to casualties caused by American Superiority. But, if memory serves me correctly, I think I "read" somewhere that 20 MILLION DEAD were caused by Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, et al.......to their OWN people! :shock:

Of course they are :blink:
Hi 777 Fixer
Could you please explain the following questions thanks in advance
Asif
[email protected]
1.Spiral Dive & Scuba Dive?
2.Primary Purpose of thurst reverser in a/c with thurst reverser? abort takeoff true? or as Parking brake on AN series a/c?
3.How to start the APU or engine in very cold winter season?
4.Why Carburettor know should be ON while fling from higher altitude to lower on single or mltiengine piston engine a/c?

Hi 777 Fixer
Asif
[email protected]
2.Primary Purpose of thurst reverser in a/c with thurst reverser? abort takeoff true? or as Parking brake on AN series a/c?
4.Why Carburettor know should be ON while fling from higher altitude to lower on single or mltiengine piston engine a/c?

Ummmmmm...... I'm a little confused??? Topic?? <_<

Hi 777 Fixer
Asif
[email protected]

This sounds like one of those Netflix commercials.............. :blink:

Hey Nasapilot, why not use PM if you need answers from a poster?

Russia may be well behind us in terms of military capability, but the fact remains, when they see weakness within the USA, read: Obama, current financial meltdown, etc., they always react "militarily" to said situations. As far as the 60's being the "perfect time", you are absolutely incorrect. Kruzchev may have been a nut case, but he wasn't stupid enough to confront the "bad a## on the block.

If increased military spending by the Russians is a sign they view a President as weak then I guess they saw Ronald Reagan and GB Jr as weak. Lest we forget Russia has a whole slew of problems as well. Oil which is their main source of revenue has seen a big drop in prices. The international financial situation is affecting them just as mush as it’s affecting us. Add it that the fact that Russia is slowly depopulating itself.

You kind of proved my point I was trying to make about Russia and nuclear war. Khrushchev knew from first hand experience during WWII what war does. He also knew that would pale in comparison if it went nuclear.

As far as Europe during WWII, yes, their cities were destroyed, and many lives were lost. But the 20 million "casualties" you refer to is quite interesting, indeed. I know you refer of course, to casualties caused by American Superiority. But, if memory serves me correctly, I think I "read" somewhere that 20 MILLION DEAD were caused by Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, et al.......to their OWN people! :shock:

No, I'm not refering to casualties caused by "American Superiority". I'm refering to the 20 million Soviet citizens killed during WWII caused by fighting between Germany and the USSR.

No, I'm not refering to casualties caused by "American Superiority". I'm refering to the 20 million Soviet citizens killed during WWII caused by fighting between Germany and the USSR.

That is partially correct. I was referring to 20 MILLION killed by Stalin and his Communist regime, and the policies put forth. I was not just talking "WWII"......5-6 years. Potato famine ring a bell? And that is just but one of many examples, but, space, and my time are limited

That is partially correct. I was referring to 20 MILLION killed by Stalin and his Communist regime, and the policies put forth. I was not just talking "WWII"......5-6 years. Potatoe famine ring a bell? And that is just but one of many examples, but, space, and my time are limited
Arguing with these liberal Obama apologists about this is useless. They are like all the others (Obama, Clinton, etc) where "its all our fault", US is evil. :down:

If they say Rush is the conscience of the GOP, then Roger Moore is the same for the Dems.

BowlingforFallujah-X.gif

That is partially correct. I was referring to 20 MILLION killed by Stalin and his Communist regime, and the policies put forth. I was not just talking "WWII"......5-6 years. Potato famine ring a bell? And that is just but one of many examples, but, space, and my time are limited

And I was referring to the 20 million killed in WWII. And it's more like 30-40 million who died under Stalin either from starvation caused by forced collectivization, died in labor camps or ended up is mass graves courtesy of the NKVD.

Back