SCC/OCC Timetable

Imagine the possibilities if NO city is willing to put up all the things that the airline wants. :eek:
That's what I was thinking. I mean, 600 employees isn't really all that much, especially for a city as large as PHX. On a side not, if the SOC stays in the Valley, I'm betting the new facility will be in Tempe, near the new Rio Salado building. Of course, somewhere along the Superstition fwy. would be PERFECT :D

That's what I was thinking. I mean, 600 employees isn't really all that much, especially for a city as large as PHX. On a side not, if the SOC stays in the Valley, I'm betting the new facility will be in Tempe, near the new Rio Salado building. Of course, somewhere along the Superstition fwy. would be PERFECT :D
Exactly...........top numbers of 600 in addition to everything the company is asking for. Holy smokes!!

True.......there is still a rather large chunk of open land there........and a new In-n-Out Burger close by. :D

Exactly...........top numbers of 600 in addition to everything the company is asking for. Holy smokes!!

True.......there is still a rather large chunk of open land there........and a new In-n-Out Burger close by. :D

But the Rio Salado area would be fine too ..close to lots of places to eat on Mill. Right now, we have crappy food choices around, in a crappy area of town.

Or . .LOTS of open space in Gilbert near the south part of the 202.

I do wonder about one thing..the letter they sent to the cities says it has to be within 30 minutes of one of our operations. Now, during "non-rush hour" times, that covers most of the Valley ..but why does it have to be 30 minutes from the airport?

..but why does it have to be 30 minutes from the airport?
Maybe because when upper (mis)management wants to go visit, they don't want to spend more time in transit than they would spend at the facility. LOL

I don't think PIT was the surviving cert. There are 2 cert's right now. And Mesa for example has their cert. in another city , FMN I think.

I believe it is. I thought I read that somewhere. Also, the US Airways FAA Cabin Safety Inspectors are the surviving inspectors...that I know as 100% factual.

I believe it is. I thought I read that somewhere. Also, the US Airways FAA Cabin Safety Inspectors are the surviving inspectors...that I know as 100% factual.
Well, the FAA's certificate office will definitely be in PIT. But I don't think that will have any bearing on where SOC will be located.

Well, the FAA's certificate office will definitely be in PIT. But I don't think that will have any bearing on where SOC will be located.

I am not sure. That was my original point. I would think and/or assume that they would be together.
I am guessing by the bidding that is currently going on, that this would not be a true statement. I dunno??? :shock:

I hear they are looking for a new building to house INT Res. They are adding 600 agents. Why not find one big enough in INT to house both Res and OCC.

I am not sure. That was my original point. I would think and/or assume that they would be together.
I am guessing by the bidding that is currently going on, that this would not be a true statement. I dunno??? :shock:
When Spirit Airlines moved from DTW to FLL, the FAA office stayed in DTW. I think the company (and defnitely the SOC employees) would prefer it if the FAA WERE in a different city! I also don't think the FAA has any say whatsoever where the office is located.

Back