SOC/OCC Location...

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
In a twist during the web cast today, DP and Co. said that the new SOC/OCC will require a new facility to be constructed. He said they were looking at PIT, PHX and CLT ("CLT has the most room"). It depends on the local politics from these cities and, I'm just guessing here, incentives. If the training center ,reservations center and CLT hangar are any indication North Carolina will be right in there.
I vote CLT...
Don't we have room over the Hangar??? :up:

In a twist during the web cast today, DP and Co. said that the new SOC/OCC will require a new facility to be constructed. He said they were looking at PIT, PHX and CLT ("CLT has the most room"). It depends on the local politics from these cities and, I'm just guessing here, incentives. If the training center ,reservations center and CLT hangar are any indication North Carolina will be right in there.
I vote CLT...
Don't we have room over the Hangar??? :up:
That's very interesting--at least they seem to be making movement on that front. So the idea of expanding the current AWE SOC is out . . even though there is PLENTY Of room right on the property to expand it.

I thought I understood that "they" would have a better idea by the end of January. I wonder who else will go with SOC/OCC.......MOC???

I thought I understood that "they" would have a better idea by the end of January. I wonder who else will go with SOC/OCC.......MOC???
Yeah, I'm sure MOC would go where SOC goes . .they need to communicate with the planning units.

My thoughts also. Anyone know how big the combined/related groups are/will be??
Hard to say . the west has around 40 dispatchers, 6 soc managers, 6 planning unit coordinators, 30 in crew scheduling, 4 atc coordinators, 6 customer service managers, and 6 aircraft routers. I don't know the size of the east staff ..but I'm sure that once we go to one facility, the total # will be less than than the sum of the 2 individual facilites--the reduction will probably be (more than) achieved by people that won't want to move.

I had always heard the third floor of the CLT hangar was originally constructed as the new operations center for Piedmont in 1987. Its about 50,000 square feet...plenty big enough for 70 work stations.

how about somewhere nice & warm... Ft. Lauderdale & Orlando comes to mind.. doesn't Airways still have the lease on 3 floors of a skyscraper downtown where res used to be?
umm..PHX is pretty darn warm! But yeah ..I KNOW where you're doing with this :p

umm..PHX is pretty darn warm! But yeah ..I KNOW where you're doing with this :p

Oh do you? *grin* : smile : I have NO IDEA what you are referring to... :p

think about it, dispatch in the mornin, and run over to the space coast and lay on the beach after your shift :)

i mean, the hurricanes are just a lil bit of wind and some occasional ran... alot better than the dirty monsoons we've been having here in Phoenix :p

Oh do you? *grin* : smile : I have NO IDEA what you are referring to... :p

think about it, dispatch in the mornin, and run over to the space coast and lay on the beach after your shift :)

i mean, the hurricanes are just a lil bit of wind and some occasional ran... alot better than the dirty monsoons we've been having here in Phoenix :p
Not to mention the "other" benefits of Florida ;)

Back