SOC/OCC Location...

I feel the SOC/OCC to be in PIT is DOA. Those who want it to be in CLT are just SOL. My feeling is that LCC will find PHX to their liking. TGIF........... :D

I feel the SOC/OCC to be in PIT is DOA. Those who want it to be in CLT are just SOL. My feeling is that LCC will find PHX to their liking. TGIF........... :D

You forget one thing the biggest hub in US is not PHX its in CLT. Besides no one said PHL is out the running just because its not mentioned.

The winner goes to the city who gives the most tax breaks. ;)

Let the games begin. :)

You forget one thing the biggest hub in US is not PHX its in CLT. Besides no one said PHL is out the running just because its not mentioned.

The winner goes to the city who gives the most tax breaks. ;)

Let the games begin. :)
Phx has the most going for it. It has corporate offices lots of new buildings going up and a goverment very much into Tax breaks.
PHL: Out
Clt: Goverment that is very good to US Airways and Tax Breaks empty buildings.
PIT: Over taxed and not in the loop any more.

rjh,
Just wondering...when you tell someone that you work for US Airways, do they automatically asks, "Are you a pilot, or flight attendant"?
Sure, some people do. My point is that there are issues besides seniority for crew members that other people do care about.

Phx has the most going for it. It has corporate offices lots of new buildings going up and a goverment very much into Tax breaks.
PHL: Out
Clt: Goverment that is very good to US Airways and Tax Breaks empty buildings.
PIT: Over taxed and not in the loop any more.
Don't count PHL out. There are 2 very large buildings that are barely occupied. They are the from the Scott Paper Company .They could easily handle the OCC/SOC/MOC and ops
engineering.

Weight and balance can be placed back in the stations (East side (west is already W&B) or at least the larger stations and disband CLP. LPS can be operated on the WAN and the stations can better handle their load plans and reduce this on the runway crap we have with CLP .

They should outsource all operations to India. The wx is warm, labor cheap and has all the tax breaks one could imagine.

Since, sometimes talking with dispatch/systems, I feel we are speaking different languages anyway so what is the problem with a little accent?

Besides, many people of India believe in the concept of karma which would be helpful in many of our dealings with scheduling. ;) -- Just kidding.

Problem with that is most of the stations are outsourced to non-us airways employees.

I don't want some $7 an hour person doing W&B.

Problem with that is most of the stations are outsourced to non-us airways employees.

Then keep CLP for the outsourced stations and let the other ones do their own flights. When things get swamped you have to often wait for a load plan when the plane should be loaded. I keep hearing about us not being productive, meanwhile the ops guys are "sitting and waiting" for a load plan to appear. Give more control back to the station and maybe things wouldnt get so bottlenecked at times.

Then keep CLP for the outsourced stations and let the other ones do their own flights. When things get swamped you have to often wait for a load plan when the plane should be loaded. I keep hearing about us not being productive, meanwhile the ops guys are "sitting and waiting" for a load plan to appear. Give more control back to the station and maybe things wouldnt get so bottlenecked at times.

CAN CREW SCHED be put all together... and out of PHX. :up: :up: :up: :p

I am still doing w/b in my station....would lov it if it stayed in house....I am not outsourced and just got done telling my mgr that even though we are short staffed for weight and balance agents ---we do not want to outsource it. We are hearing we will not be needed come next summer...everything through CLP....it shall be interesting...especially with all the cargo and mail we put on....how does CLP see the cargo?? How do they know that a 200 pound piece may take half of the aft bin of a 319? Where do you put the mail and bags then....????

I am still doing w/b in my station....would lov it if it stayed in house....I am not outsourced and just got done telling my mgr that even though we are short staffed for weight and balance agents ---we do not want to outsource it. We are hearing we will not be needed come next summer...everything through CLP....it shall be interesting...especially with all the cargo and mail we put on....how does CLP see the cargo?? How do they know that a 200 pound piece may take half of the aft bin of a 319? Where do you put the mail and bags then....????
CLP does not see anything from their cubes. They plan the flight out or should I say ALPS plans it based on historical data then send the clp agent send their load plan out. If there is a problem such as over MZFW/MTOW CLP passes the buck to the station to decide what will come off be cargo/bags/Non revs/pax...they say its now a station issue. If the computers go down the east side has no way to do manual W&B. CLP took away the operations people abilities to do manual W&B. CLP claims to be able to perform manual W&B on the entire system. Do you know how many time they sucessfully have done this?

O times.

I say take CLP's technology into the station operations peoples hands and let them do the own W&B :)

Back