Seat Maps

austwin1

Dec 18, 2007
Over the Christmas I flew on 2 Mesa flights and on both of them, even though I selected a window seat, there was no window! Who do I write to tell them to fix their seat selection map? Clearly they want to drive customers to purchase the preferred seats for an additional charge. That info certainly would've made me do so. Thanks.

Many aircraft have rows usually forward of the wings where there are no windows due to routing of ventilation ducting. Airlines sites almost never point this out but sites like seatguru.com caution you with regard to such points, as well as other things about specific seats and rows you should be aware of..

Hope this helps.

At AA, the seat map for an MD-80 shows window seats, 31F and 32F. And, there are windows immediately to the right of the seat and just above the passenger's elbow. Problem...the engine is mounted on the fuselage directly outside those windows. You can see a little bit forward in 31F. You can see nothing but the engine housing in 32F. All airlines seem to forget to provide this type of information.

Many aircraft have rows usually forward of the wings where there are no windows due to routing of ventilation ducting. Airlines sites almost never point this out but sites like seatguru.com caution you with regard to such points, as well as other things about specific seats and rows you should be aware of..

Hope this helps.
Thanks Art. I checked that website and it didn't show the problems so I posted a comment saying 8A and 12A have no windows. I made a note to stay out of seats forward of the wings thanks to your comment.

Thanks Art. I checked that website and it didn't show the problems so I posted a comment saying 8A and 12A have no windows. I made a note to stay out of seats forward of the wings thanks to your comment.

Thanks for the reply. I did forget to mention, however, that since the Mesa jet was most likely a CRJ of some type, their windows don't always line up with the seats, and are not 2 windows per row, as larger aircraft are, so that may have contributed to your problem as well.

They do consider such comments, so I am glad you posted there.

Happy New Year all.....

At AA, the seat map for an MD-80 shows window seats, 31F and 32F. And, there are windows immediately to the right of the seat and just above the passenger's elbow. Problem...the engine is mounted on the fuselage directly outside those windows. You can see a little bit forward in 31F. You can see nothing but the engine housing in 32F. All airlines seem to forget to provide this type of information.

They dont "forget" .....how and why would they tell the pax...kinda like..."by the way, you are sitting right outside the restroom!" is there nothing the passenger is responsible for learning?

Back