Secondary door security screens

phillyguy

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
[P]I read that TSA is starting to eliminate the random door screenings. Anyone notice if that is true?[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]Supposedly AA has stopped at LAX, and JetBlue has at Long Beach.[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P] [/P]

[P]TSA has started a pilot program in some California airports, which eliminates the random door screens. If this program is successful, it will be implemented across the country. I have always felt that this process is redundent. Random physical searches can be more effficiently achieved at the primary security check-point. I applaud the TSA administrators for their efforts to eliminate the knee-jerk security measures put in place immediately after 9/11. They appear to be committed to making the flow of passengers through airports more efficient while not compromising security[/P]
[P]
P]

When they pull you out of line at the jetway door - to 'randomly' re-screen you and your luggage

I personally want the TRUSTED TRAVELER card. I already have FBI clearance since I worked at the Olympics this past winter. The FBI search is not a bad thing.

I've noticed since the TSA has taken over at PIT that I am searched even more. And those cities that don't already have the TSA in place, those private firm security guards seem to be searching me more frequently too. Anyone else notice this?

On 9/27/2002 7:21:17 AM phillyguy wrote:

I read that TSA is starting to eliminate the random door screenings. Anyone notice if that is true?[/P]

[/P]

Supposedly AA has stopped at LAX, and JetBlue has at Long Beach.[/P]

Yes...TSA wants to streamline the security procedures and make it as 'painless' as possible....want the public to be secure yet not hassled....time to get the flying public back...
1.gif']

OF COURSE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THE TSA HAS RUN OUT OF MONEY AND ARE ALL READY AT THE STAFFING LEVEL AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS BEFORE FILLING ANY OF THESE POSITIONS. BE HOPEFUL THIS GOES NATIONWIDE BEFORE THANKSGIVING OTHERWISE WE ARE GOING TO BE EXPOSED TO THE PLEASURE (READ THAT HORROR) OF WATCHING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS BEING UNWRAPPED AT THE JETWAY DOOR.

[P align=center][EM][FONT color=#0033cc size=5]Why are you yelling?[/FONT][/EM][/P]
[P align=center][FONT color=#0033cc][/FONT] [/P]
[P align=center]
P]

[P]
[P][/P]
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][BR][BR][BR] [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[BLOCKQUOTE] [/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/27/2002 9:51:53 AM trvlr64 wrote:
[P]I already have FBI clearance... The FBI search is not a bad thing.[BR][BR]----------------[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]
[P]
[P][/P]
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]What does it involve?[BR][BR][BR] [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[BLOCKQUOTE] [/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

I'm actually glad to see the TSA--they seem to be consistant. This is a good thing.

The only thing that bugs me about eliminating the gate-rape is that I heard a rumor that it will require a real boarding pass to clear security--no more e-ticket printouts and the like. This is a bad thing. I'm a fan of telephone and kiosk check-in.

As for the likelihood of getting screened? I used to get screened more often with long hair than I do now that I have short hair. I've held the same security clearance the entire time.

The important thing to consider is if they require everyone going through screening to have a boarding pass imagine how many fewer gate agents you will need since they won't need to checkin passengers at the gate anymore.

On the other hand if they keep door ways security checks can you imagine how many hours each flight will be delayed this holiday season as we unwrap all those Christmas presents. Speaking of a rock and a hard place.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/1/2002 2:22:52 PM MrMarky wrote
[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 9/27/2002 9:51:53 AM trvlr64 wrote:

I already have FBI clearance... The FBI search is not a bad thing.

----------------[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]

What does it involve?

It was simply a form asking you name, address, SS #, driver license #, and a few questions......very simple and sure enough I am now in the FBI files and the Secret Service too since I was at the Olympics for work.

GIVE ME THE TRUSTED TRAVELER CARD NOW!! PLEASE

9.gif']