Saw A Tsa Random Pax Gate Screening In Phl

A320Pax

May 25, 2003
I saw a random screening at the GATE during boarding (yes, after clearing the security checkpoint), just like how it was after 9/11. Myself and the other pax boarding were surprised and dismayed to see it. Are random gate screenings coming back? I could see doing them if we were at security level red, or if there was a threat on a particular flight - but everything seemed so ordinary yesterday.

I thought the TSA had phased out random screenings at the gate because they beefed up procedures at the security checkpoint, like having to show your boarding pass with photo i.d. before going through screening, and at least your boarding pass again, after going through screening. In fact, I thought the TSA was so confident in its security checkpoints, that at some aiports you no longer have to show photo i.d. along with your boarding pass at the gate.

PHL is one of the airports that do not require a boarding pass to get to the gate, hence the random screenings at the gate in addition to having to show your ID when you board the flight. If the security area is boarding pass and id required, then they do not do random screenings at the gate since these are done at the security checkpoint. Its all still being done the way it was before, just a matter of who, what and where its done varies by airport.

USFlyer said:
Still? What the hell is taking so long for the TSA to convert PHL over?!

They're too busy Busting their own Workers... :lol: :lol: :lol: This was all over the Philly news last night.... I guess one of their workers "FORGOT"to take a Gun out of his gym Bag... Guess there'll be a couple more openings in PHL !!!

Sorry to all the TSA workers out there...I just had to say it....

Latest posts