September 12, 2015 Raise or Average

Overspeed said:
Chuck,
Read the actual language. That's not what it says. Page 37 of the CBA shows an example of the calculation and AA is NOT included in the average. It shows UA+DL+US divided by 3.

As far as US being included. If the IAM and the TWU are good with that position then they are on the company's side. US doesn't exist. The brand is going away, the FAA awarded the new AA a single operating certificate, the NMB ruled that we are a single carrier (one AA) and approved the Association to represented the new AA as one, and the stock market considers us one airline. Why would our Union/Association take the company's side? If US is included then that would be a big fail on the part of the Association.
Its funny how WN will not be part of this average, It would produce a better avg. if they were included. 

CMH_GSE said:
Couple of things...
One great reason the Ass will take the company's side is, [1] the Ass wouldn't even be here if the company would have disputed their representation application to the NMB.
That would have triggered an election, you know , so we all could have " voted for it"?!
I think we all agree, election = No Ass.

The first big fail for the Ass is the fact that there is one to begin with.
The way it was put together tells me their first priority is to themselves, not the membership.
Of course having US pay included is a big fail, our negotiators got played, again.

[2] Now we are in negotiations in easily the very best of economic conditions, in anybody's lifetime currently working for the airline.
We should get everything back, in spades, and much more, with zero job losses.

Overspeed, do you expect THAT to happen?

[1] It would be unlawful for the company to interfere in how we are represent ourselves.

[2] This is clearly a perfect case of the affliction the membership has system wide and at both US, and AA. The ability to grasp the bigger picture, the blissful myopic outlook. All anyone in the membership is looking at is the billions in revenue, and after paying expenditures translates to a small profit. As you quoted,  " in easily the very best of economic conditions " couldn't be farther from the truth. With the Bond markets recent sell off and the still looming troubles with the economy in Spain, Italy and the slowing growth in China, not to mention that all of this has a profound effect on the equity's market. No company will navigate towards pleasing its employees with lavish raises and perks. But it will give a great performance in pleasing the shareholders. This is how life is in Corporate USA.     

Reactions: 1 person
Overspeed said:
CMH_GSE,
I feel I have to hope and expect full restoration of our pay and benefits. I have to.

Now to your assessment of what happened, are you saying a deal was cut to get the Association in the form of not pursuing the match, rolling over on the wage adjustment, and dropping the ball on gain sharing? All those things combined are worth millions in the memberships' pockets. That's a pretty big allegation.
The Association is worth Millions to the TWU/IAM internationals!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Wrong the company could have not recognized the associations and force a vote it almost happened to the agents with the CWA/IBT association if the association didn't agree to how the company wanted to transition the former HP CSAs to the then CWA CBA.

700UW said:
Wrong the company could have not recognized the associations and force a vote it almost happened to the agents with the CWA/IBT association if the association didn't agree to how the company wanted to transition the former HP CSAs to the then CWA CBA.
Nope I disagree. 

FYI if you switch to google chrome you can use the quote icon.

700UW said:
Thank you for your interest on this issue. We will take it into consideration on the next association filing with the NMB.

Reactions: 3 people
bob@las-AA said:
Its funny how WN will not be part of this average, It would produce a better avg. if they were included. 
Exactly. And Legacy US will be averaged in and they don't even exist anymore. How in the hell does our union
always fall for this chit. It is simply unbelievable.

Reactions: 4 people
AANOTOK said:
Exactly. And Legacy US will be averaged in and they don't even exist anymore. How in the hell does our union
always fall for this chit. It is simply unbelievable.
Because we as union members are weak. Until we wake up as one we will continue to wonder why we keep getting the BOHICA.

Reactions: 3 people
bob@las-AA said:
Nope I disagree. 

FYI if you switch to google chrome you can use the quote icon.
I can quote don't need to use chrome.

If you don't believe that's fine, look at the past postings from the CWA and Al Hemeneay, I was there were you?

Ask John John.

When I get home I will see if I can find it.

700UW said:
I can quote don't need to use chrome.

If you don't believe that's fine, look at the past postings from the CWA and Al Hemeneay, I was there were you?

Ask John John.

When I get home I will see if I can find it.
Fine, and before this topic gets to far off topic, show me the language that says " The Company had sole rights to interfere or force a vote for any reason on any item " because the company only has the memberships best interest at heart.

bob@las-AA said:
Fine, and before this topic gets to far off topic, show me the language that says " The Company had sole rights to interfere or force a vote for any reason on any item " because the company only has the memberships best interest at heart.
They don't have a right to force a vote for "any reason".

However, ... When unions petition the NMB as the IAM and TWU did to apply for representation rights as " The Association", at that time, the company absolutely has the right, and is asked by the NMB, if they dispute the application.
If a company does dispute, and there is satisfactory showing of interest, there is an election.

If the company does not dispute the application and there is satisfactory showing of interest, there is a certification, without a vote.

I'm on record, many times, that the way the IAM and TWU did this was dirty, but the NMB, and the company played along, and now we are blessed with the Ass. Yay

CMH_GSE said:
They don't have a right to force a vote for "any reason".

However, ... When unions petition the NMB as the IAM and TWU did to apply for representation rights as " The Association", at that time, the company absolutely has the right, and is asked by the NMB, if they dispute the application.
If a company does dispute, and there is satisfactory showing of interest, there is an election.

If the company does not dispute the application and there is satisfactory showing of interest, there is a certification, without a vote.

I'm on record, many times, that the way the IAM and TWU did this was dirty, but the NMB, and the company played along, and now we are blessed with the Ass. Yay
I had searched for 45 min and sorry I found no language remotely close to 700's claim.

I did find this

http://www.nmb.gov/documents/representation/representation-manual.pdf

I just skimmed over it and please, if you find and wording describing the right to dispute application of representation, just remember the membership of AA/US voted on the contract we all now work under in support of the "association", thus telling the company we, AA/US want this "association". 

bob@las-AA said:
I had searched for 45 min and sorry I found no language remotely close to 700's claim.

I did find this

http://www.nmb.gov/documents/representation/representation-manual.pdf

I just skimmed over it and please, if you find and wording describing the right to dispute application of representation, just remember the membership of AA/US voted on the contract we all now work under in support of the "association", thus telling the company we, AA/US want this "association".
https://storage.googleapis.com/dakota-dev-content/42-NMB-No.-20.pdf

Bob,
Please go to page 4 and read the part where they mention, " and the New American has NOT OBJECTED to the certifications of the IAM and TWU Associations, ..."

Why would that even be mentioned, if the carrier didn't have the right to object?

I've read numerous decisions, where the carrier objected and it triggered an election.
Aldo read decisions where the carrier did not object, and it triggered a certification, as it did here.

Carry on...

Latest posts