September 2003 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------
On 6/3/2003 3:55:30 PM USAirBoyA330 wrote:

PITBull:

I spoke with a member of the AFA MEC today and I was told NO FURTHER FURLOUGHS INVOLVING F/A ARE BEING DISCUSSED RIGHT NOW. Now, that's not to say they might not try something in the future but you seem to have IMPENDING ANNOUNCEMENT or inside information of some sort. The information I got came from the MEC "YOU" (everyone knows who you really are) put into office. So why don't you back up your statements Ms.PITBULL? What are your INSIDE sources? From everything I have been told, no one in management would give you the time of day! So stop spreading your crap around and throwing stones.

----------------​

Hey "best friend", thanks for the compliments...AND YOU WERE NOT TALKING TO ME TODAY, SO DON'T ASSUME, GENIUS, YOU KNOW WHO I AM...

Regarding furloughs...you are aware of the new reserve system that has not been implemented yet? right? Were you also made aware that the intent of "time balancing" the reserve system is to bring the reserve f/as from 40% to approx 25%...or did no one tell you this? Transalation? 300 less reserves needed.

Management give me the time of day? You are a funny person too...where do you think I get my info? rumors? And since you imply YOU have management's ear...you ask them. I am sure they are anxious to "bring you in the know".

Take care..

9.gif

----------------
On 6/3/2003 4:23:51 PM MarkMyWords wrote:

----------------
And I thank you for the compliment...you too, think you know who I am...lol.

Answer me this Eienstein, Just why are we missing 19,000 employees, and specifically 5,200 flight attendants since 9/11? We've maintained a fleet of 279 since May of 2002 when the MD80 and Focker got "desserted". How come we are missing approx 2,500 f/as since Dec. 2002, specifically 900 as of June 2003? I am sure other labor groups are experiencing reductions, still, in their departments. I guess your department is the "necessary" dept. I wonder "how come"?

Lets try to avoid any name calling and personal insults. Also, unless you are referrring to a direct quote, try not to leave an entire posting in your reply.

Please do not assume a member's identity on the board. We try to respect each member's privacy.

Thanks!

Name calling. How cute. Last time I checked, we the flight attendants paid your salary. Is that how you talk to the people you are here to "serve" Sorry...I use that term loosely. It seems your too busy on here spreading silliness too be doing your job. And I second the notion of staying off the news...it''s embarrassing and we have an AFA spokesperson already.
I am done with you for now.

Bob,

You may see it as missing work. Where are the 19,000 "once employed at U" personnel...to be specific. You'd think with all this cost savings, U management would not be extending the "tin cup" again, specifically in their "doom and gloom" retorhic. Markymywords, speaks of me with the "doom and gloom" crapola. The the "newly formed" Labor Advisory Committee would hear better news from U at their first meeting held a couple of weeks ago. But, they did not. Another famous "slide presentation" of wooh is us", again.

Regarding dues from AFA f/a...$5.80 per month stays in the local monthly from a dues collection of $39 per month. Keep in mind the the little carriers that AFA represents do not have enough in numbers to give them what they need on their local levels, so the International funds these little carriers when they have contract disputes, or negoitations. Majority of airlines unionized are the Little carriers. United and USAirways are the biggest two carriers out of 26.

The larger carriers..United and USAirways, hold their own within their yearly budgets. As you are well aware and has been reported in the media, AFA needs to affliliate or they will cease to exist. the loss jobs have killed our Union business as it is driven by dues dollars.

Union dues are not paid as someone's insurance policy premiums, but rather as a pulling of all the resources together to protect negotiated contracts when necessary. It helps maintain our collective voices in the work place to ensure livable wages, benefits, and protect our collective vested interests as employees of OUR company.

PS: Forgot to let USA330flyboy know as an FYI that the LOCAL PRESIDENTS FLIGHT PAY LOSS IS PAID BY OUR COMPANY; not YOUR union dues. It is contractual...look it up.
6.gif

Piney,

I agree with you in regards to unions when looking at the Mechanic's union. They do represent themselves well. I feel as I am stuck in a bad place. A company I can not trust and a so called union I can not trust.

Are your still yapping PITChihuahua? ***YAWN*** Someone hit the nail right on the head with you and it's got a bee in your bonnet.
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts