AMR Corporation Announces Initial Round of Capacity Reductions

And all the future schedule decisions?... those are on the DOT website, too?...

Combining DB1B and T100 data can give you an idea of route revenue, but unless you're tapping into EZX, you're missing all of the station specific fixed and variable costs, which you can't possibly average out from public data.

So, you're either using internal data, or it's simply wrong... You can't estimate route specific BELF without throwing all of the station specific costs at it. Sure, you can try to spread that out using network contribution, but that's not a true representation of a route's actual cost & breakeven point.

The 738 is returning to ORD?

I know, plans change.... But I think I see IORFA bringing you a tray with some humble pie for your dessert....
Thanks E. I guess the PLAN never changed from when we, the AA ORD employees, were told after the 737 delivery schedule/announcement was made. Or, maybe the local management just GUESSED correctly?

I have never understood the reason for keeping DCA open for f/a's or pilots in any form or function as a base. It only serves as a duplication of what is available from New York or Miami with much added overhead. If needed it could serve as a satellite very nicely as can RDU-I. The RDU route is profitable I hear, but why have a serparate base withsupervisors etc...? Plain bad management I suppose.

I got this from the EAGLE MEC outlining the specific cuts affecting Eagle, for now.

We understand these are trying times in an ever-changing industry. The recent annoucement of schedule and fleet changes have brought upon rumors versus the facts. We would like to reiterate the facts.

Facts:

SJU will remove 12 ATR's from SJU to DFW

MIA will remove 2 ATR's from MIA to DFW

All Saabs will be retired

DFW will replace all Saab flying with ATRs (Executive will continue to operate those aircraft)

The plan is to have LAX an all jet base with little or no loss of flying

CRJ's - None will be grounded

Reduction in flying will hit SJU, ORD, and BOS

Rumor:

ORD will ground 30 aircraft and lose 1/3 of its flying

All 135's will be grounded. (This has not been confirmed by anyone in Management)

There will be extreme layoffs. (We are confident that none of the American Eagle Flight Attendants will be faced with a furlough. In the highly unlikely event that we do face staffing problems at American Eagle, our Collective Bargaining Agreement does allow for voluntary leaves in the event of overage to avoid furlough. AFA would enforce those rights to ensure all our Flight Attendants who wish to remain online will be able to do so).

Your AFA leaders and representatives are here to answer any questions and concerns you may have but for now we are waiting on AMR to work through the details. We will keep you abreast of information as we receive it.

The MEC website (afaeagle.org) is updated regularly as well as the eaglewire (jetnet). We will get through this together.

REMINDER: LOCAL MEETING IS JUNE 5TH, 11:00A.M. AT THE FIELD OFFICE

In Solidarity,

Kimberly Mundy

LEC 51 Vice President

I'm hearing EWR might soon be history!

Hmmmm, if that fantasy were to happen the NY base would be waaaaaaaaaay more bearable for a lot of the NY dwellers and commuters. The jersey and PA people would be pissed, but whatever.

Hmmmm, if that fantasy were to happen the NY base would be waaaaaaaaaay more bearable for a lot of the NY dwellers and commuters. The jersey and PA people would be pissed, but whatever.
You said what I was thinking....

I see you have empathy for those co-workers who chose to reside in NJ and fly out of EWR - Not.

I see you have empathy for those co-workers who chose to reside in NJ and fly out of EWR - Not.
Mr. Chamberlain, it wan't meant as a lack of empathy towards them.... Of course we would like to see the best possible scenario, but it really would make life easier for the majority. It is nerve racking when crew sched calls you at 5:00 AM for a 7:00AM sign in at EWR and you know you won't make it, but you have to pretend to try anyways...
Or getting bid denied for a 5:30 AM sign-in with a return late at night when you are a commuter.... The system needs to get fixed, but it won't be.... So basically you do breathe an internal sigh of relief when you hear something like no EWR. That is why I did not post anything, but I sure was thinking it.

While fuel is in play for the SJU cuts, how much is Spirits increased FLA Caribean hub effecting AA as well on the revenue side by keeping fares down?

While fuel is in play for the SJU cuts, how much is Spirits increased FLA Caribean hub effecting AA as well on the revenue side by keeping fares down?

On some routes where they compete with Spirit (like Lima), revenue has actually gone up. Revenue on competing routes, on average, was down about 5-8%.

The routes hit hard have been SJU and SDQ.

There is this false perception that Spirit's fares are always low. Sure they have ridiculous sales, but their average fares aren't that low. On the Lima route, for example, they charge $1,498 for a walk-up (and looking at some days over the summer, the lowest one-way fare offered is $414).

Mr. Chamberlain, it wan't meant as a lack of empathy towards them.... Of course we would like to see the best possible scenario, but it really would make life easier for the majority. It is nerve racking when crew sched calls you at 5:00 AM for a 7:00AM sign in at EWR and you know you won't make it, but you have to pretend to try anyways...
Or getting bid denied for a 5:30 AM sign-in with a return late at night when you are a commuter.... The system needs to get fixed, but it won't be.... So basically you do breathe an internal sigh of relief when you hear something like no EWR. That is why I did not post anything, but I sure was thinking it.

Oh, don't bother trying to say anything to him about his comments. Billy boy always manages to cut right through more of the pertinent posts to find something to slam me about. I'm used to it. I find it kind of funny.