Service and procedure changes

Well lets see most have covered the big ones:

West announcements now match east (thank you!)

West FA labeling system going to east (the second, B will now work in the back instead of the third, C)

West 737's now getting crew lifevests like east (thank you!)

All west planes getting ELT's like the east planes (thank you again)

West will no longer be required to brief the exit row paxs (thank you)

West will now allow strollers and musical instruments on board if they fit (not sure if I like this yet)

West now has plastic forks and spoons like east (was this mentioned?)

West FA's must now kick the jumpseat when they are doing door sims like every other airline has always done.

West aft FA's on the 'bus will soon be sitting in the swivel jumpseat (yuck).

That is it for now, lots of other rumors but these are facts. It truely is a merging of ways of doing things. Change is hard for everyone though.....but frankly I like that some of our rules are changing .... makes my job easier. And, since we are the lowest paid in the industry, easy is good.

And, AMEN, management is NOT your friend they are vipers getting rich off our backs. COST NEUTRAL IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!
Just FYI, most East f/a's do not allow strollers simply because they take up too much overhead space, they can be picked up at the jetway door.

YES, management is the enemy here, not your co workers east of the Mississippi!

West aft FA's on the 'bus will soon be sitting in the swivel jumpseat (yuck).

When I was with American we had this style jumpseat on the 727-100s and the 767s. Because they swung out in the aisle, right next to passengers, we used to call these the "Sharon Stone" seats from the movie "Basic Instinct" :lol:

When I was with American we had this style jumpseat on the 727-100s and the 767s. Because they swung out in the aisle, right next to passengers, we used to call these the "Sharon Stone" seats from the movie "Basic Instinct" :lol:

LOL too funny. Those seats tend to make me a little sick if it is bumpy on take off. But, hey change is good for the soul so I will deal with it.

First Class:

When taking the second drink and/or dinner order addressed as "Mr. Johnson", same reason as above.

Get the new uniforms done yesterday and get the folks dressed in them. I'm tired of the "League of nations" look on board.

Get rid of the idiotic overwing rule. This to me is the height of silliness.

Bob,
I should WISH all names were as waspy!! :lol: Man there are some tough sir names out there but I try to give it a chance. After living in Manhattan, my skills were better than most. Just PLEASE let us know if you switch seats so I don't call you the wrong name.

Uniforms designs are being reviewed and of what I hear are stunning. I get goosebumps from the possibilities.

Overwing rule will soon be history.

I feel this thread shows the true love and dedication we have at the new US Airways.

Hope to see you on board soon.

Remember when the 4th sat in 35C on the Eastern 757's?

For those of you at east, when we first got the Eastern 757's, it was pure Eastern Airlines in cabin configuration.
The flight attendant seat in row 35 was a high back seat with a shoulder harness and a interphone handset by the seat cushion. We called that seat the Throne .

You guys, don't hold your breath about the overwing briefing. A line Flight Attendant/Trainer told me EAST was going to have to start doing the OW Briefing.

They're spending money on all this other stuff, why not buy the placards that our aircraft lack and install them?

Same goes for that stupid "The flight deck is located in the forward section of the aircraft..." announcement. GET RID OF IT!

Remember when the 4th sat in 35C on the Eastern 757's?

For those of you at east, when we first got the Eastern 757's, it was pure Eastern Airlines in cabin configuration.
The flight attendant seat in row 35 was a high back seat with a shoulder harness and a interphone handset by the seat cushion. We called that seat the Throne .

OH NO!!! Not more EA 75's!! How many do you have?

7Same goes for that stupid "The flight deck is located in the forward section of the aircraft..." announcement. GET RID OF IT!

and now they're going to move the flight deck?? Great! That's just great!

My sup told me we at west, were doing away with the exit seat briefing. We shall see what happens.

Piney, I too wish we had a basket. I have seen exactly one since we rolled out the snack basket in the west. Catering told me FA's were to supply their own, I am NOT carrying a wicker basket to work. Yes, the silver tray is gawdy, glad a pax thinks that too, I will switch to the plastic white ones.

Not sure about the close out announcement "the flight deck is located...." have heard conflicting stories about if we are or are not keeping that. It does not bother me either way works for me!

On Air Wisconsin(US Airway EXpress) you can take your infant child with you and get a seat for them for free

Thanks! I can also promise you we will all laugh at certain things. I can remember an original USAir f/a laughing and saying.."Geez, what's with that damn speedbird? With all the fuss, you'd think that thing cured cancer." :lol:

Also, PI f/a's were very anal and would leave any drawer stocked with sugars, tea, cremers. One day a coworker said "you wanna know how to piss off a PI f/a?" I said what? And he said "Dump the drawer!" I howled cause I saw the insanity in my own peeps and thought it was hilarious. The only choice we have is to accept thing and laugh it off or find someone to blame.

Hey, the A321 is a nice a/c. It will be nicer when we go to 16 f/c seats. As for plastic cutlery, is that a permanent desision? That gets a big :down: . We HATE it and are still looking for glassware.

We may want to remind Doug that he said the best of both. Plastic cutlery and plastic glasses are NOT the best of both.

Always know we too get emotional but most of us only want the best for the new US Airways. You are always welcome here in Charlotte. :)

How About the PI Fruit Tree? And This one " Ya'll Set Up" :lol:

The best change would be not repeating previous mistakes.

sky high states: LOL, that could be a thread on it's own.
Memo from inflight: Serve the cup. Six months later, No, serve the CAN. No, we made a mistake, serve the cup.
Anyone remember this mistake?...LOL. ONE ROW of first on the DC-9. Put the genie trays on the SFO/LAX Market.

only stating an opinion.