Service and procedure changes

How about enthusiastically waving to someone driving by because you think you know them and then they look at you like you are nuts because they have no idea who you are and why you are waving. :blink:

I think that fellow employees should always smile and say hello when they pass another employee.

Cruising through our hubs on the east I can't even begin to count how many times I have been quickly passing another crew member and get the look. Ya know the look, when they don't smile or even give a life of the brow. Then the turn their head the other way. I'm like.....whatever heather. I don't expect a big fake smile and a howdy from EVERY employee I walk past but jeeeeez. :rolleyes:

I dare to differ. It's all a matter of perspective. I grew up in the south.... I could care less if anyone greets me or not. Gee, it's a job, not a sorority or fraternity. Goodness, that to me would be exhausting.

sky high states: Ohhh, that "southern hospitality" I've heard sooo much about....except at the airport to your fellow co-worker.
Wow, a smile back is sooo exhausting. And, I thought it was the "looking away" or NOT SAYING ANYTHING BACK when I said, hello or smiled that took so much energy! :down:
Silly me.

Only stating an opinion

sky high states: Ohhh, that "southern hospitality" I've heard sooo much about....except at the airport to your fellow co-worker.
Wow, a smile back is sooo exhausting. And, I thought it was the "looking away" or NOT SAYING ANYTHING BACK when I said, hello or smiled that took so much energy! :down:
Silly me.
Only stating an opinion

I'll always be kind back and acknowledge someone. Some people may not feel well or having a bad day. Sorry guys, i just don't take things like that personally. I guess the Big Apple toughen me up abit.

Now back to the topic. ;)

When greeting other Crewmembers goes bad, DFW long.

N965VJ: Hey, that looks like Barbie coming out of the Whataburger.
Other Guy on crew: That’s Frank with her; I flew with him last week.
VJ: Hey Barbie!
OG: Yo, FRANK!
VJ: I don’t think they hear us. BARBEEEE!
OG: Aw, man. They snagged the Crew Car.
VJ: We’ve got a Crew Car in DFW now? Cool.

<starts jogging over to catch up>

OG: I know they can hear us.
VJ and OG: FRAAAAANK!! BARBEEEEE!!
VJ: Those dawgs, they acted like they didn’t know us!
OG: Was that a baby seat in the back of the Crew Car?
VJ: Huh?

Same goes for that stupid "The flight deck is located in the forward section of the aircraft..." announcement. GET RID OF IT!

As stupid as this announcement sounds, and I agree that it does sound REALLY stupid, it is used by HP for liability reasons.

When pilots started flying armed, HP thought it would be a good idea (silly if you ask me) to use this announcement to release them from any liability if someone tried to breach the FD door and got shot between the eyes.

As stupid as this announcement sounds, and I agree that it does sound REALLY stupid, it is used by HP for liability reasons.

When pilots started flying armed, HP thought it would be a good idea (silly if you ask me) to use this announcement to release them from any liability if someone tried to breach the FD door and got shot between the eyes.
I thought it was because the entire fleet did not have placards on the flight deck door? They all do now, but back when we started that announcement, only a few aircraft did.

O

USAir...old coffee..not my problem..change it when it's empty..their washed at night.
They are washed at night? Wow, what a luxury! I don't think a WEST coffee maker gets a cleaning until it's pulled because it failed.