Setting the Record Straight: Pilot Fuel Conservation

For what it's worth...

I have a younger brother who is a 12 year running Delta Platinmum Medallion...and he's telling me their FF group is certain Delta is working toward reducing fuel they carry as well...for some reason., it's not generating the attention it is at US....because the two pilots groups are suffering through in-fighting possibly? And the company is content to watch the two fight?

He claims to have been diverted TWICE in the past month, when normal times that wouldn't happen...

Now keep in mind, I'm not a pilot...neither is he...so we are perhaps two of the least qualified humans on earth to speculate on this.

For what it's worth...

I have a younger brother who is a 12 year running Delta Platinmum Medallion...and he's telling me their FF group is certain Delta is working toward reducing fuel they carry as well...for some reason., it's not generating the attention it is at US....because the two pilots groups are suffering through in-fighting possibly? And the company is content to watch the two fight?

He claims to have been diverted TWICE in the past month, when normal times that wouldn't happen...

Now keep in mind, I'm not a pilot...neither is he...so we are perhaps two of the least qualified humans on earth to speculate on this.
Could this be why DL was dead last in complaints last month, behind even US? :blink:

Setting the Record Straight: Pilot Fuel Conservation

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Maybe the thread starter should join with his hero Pollock to start a "Concerned Pilots for Reducing Captain's Authority" ad hoc committee.

I assume he knows all about the decision making of the 7 hostages and therefore concurs with the abrogation of their contractual rights in the form of intimidation based simulator events which are nowhere to be found in the contract or FAA approved AQP training program.

How could he not know everything about these Captains' preflight decisions, in as much as he currently flies between New York, Washington and Boston on the US Airways Shuttle? Perhaps his expertise comes from the 15 year old memories of his own less than stellar history with Transatlantic flying, but we won't go there.

Of course, when the thread starter was canned by this airline, it was of vital importance that all contractual protections be fully employed. Big surprise there.

Truly shameful and pathetic. And those words don't even do justice to this travesty.

Moderator note............check your message

Maybe the thread starter should join with his hero Pollock to start a "Concerned Pilots for Reducing Captain's Authority" ad hoc committee.

I assume he knows all about the decision making of the 7 hostages and therefore concurs with the abrogation of their contractual rights in the form of intimidation based simulator events which are nowhere to be found in the contract or FAA approved AQP training program.

Truly shameful and pathetic. And those words don't even do justice to this travesty.

Dariencc... My sentiments precisely!

Can't be a more balanced version of events than the one from the company's own website.
That is the creepiest site I have seen in quite a while, that belongs to US? "u" "swings"?

and putting article headlines in the same color as an already view link is pretty pathetic from a user interface point of view, suggesting that the user has already been there. Reducing server load?

and the blue. Attempting to emulate "Vista"? Why? Hoping help calls will go to M$?

Did someone say "Thread Hijack?"

Here I am!! Did you guys know that the dollar store sells Woolite sometimes? I KNOW!! Me either!!! I was so excited.

*but seriously,only this airline can find a way to throw down a bigger scuttlebutt than the current prices. And how ironic, the price is starting to creep down. Only us...

Would the price of oil please hit $200.00 so this company will sink and I don't have to read this crap anymore.

Would the price of oil please hit $200.00 so this company will sink and I don't have to read this crap anymore.

Wow! Someone call the cops. Somebody tied Mikey to his chair, put toothpicks under his eyelids and braced his head to face the computer screen.

He says he HAS to read this crap. The nefarious cretin is FORCING poor Mikey to read USAviation.com forums against his will.

Too bad he isn't as lucky (or smart) as those who simply don't log on here, and can thereby always be 100% certain to avoid reading "this crap."

Wow! Someone call the cops. Somebody tied Mikey to his chair, put toothpicks under his eyelids and braced his head to face the computer screen.

He says he HAS to read this crap. The nefarious cretin is FORCING poor Mikey to read USAviation.com forums against his will.

Too bad he isn't as lucky (or smart) as those who simply don't log on here, and can thereby always be 100% certain to avoid reading "this crap."

HAHAHA.........well said Sir,and Mikie if it dies hit 200.00 Ill sell my stock and retire...lol :up: :up: :up:

Back