Setting the Record Straight: Pilot Fuel Conservation

Here I am!! Did you guys know that the dollar store sells Woolite sometimes? I KNOW!! Me either!!! I was so excited.

This is great news! For real. Now with Woolite only a dollar I can afford to wash my uniforms, ..at least in between trips.

And another neat thing is, with the money you save on Woolite you can jump over to outback.com and order a steak to go. Who woulda thought!

Do your part. Assist the hijack. :lol:

I was sitting here wondering what ever happened to Mamie Van Doren and I happened to think of a realistic solution to many of USAirways' problems.

Quit carrying enough fuel to reach the alleged destination. On any and every flight.

When the LGA to PHX flight has to stop in, say, Kansas City.......get the pilot on the PA system and have him announce there's not enough money to buy fuel to get to Phoenix....so....if anyone wants to go there, they are going to have to pony up some gas money.

Heck, make it a fun event --- have the FAs pass the Captain's hat around the cabin until they have enough money to pay for fuel.

Have the Captain and Flight Attendants dance for the passengers....the passengers could throw money at their feet (or tuck it in to a g-string) until enough revenue was generated to get the flight to its originally intended destination.

None of these suggestions are any sillier than selling soft drinks.....plus, they let the passengers feel like they are contributing something -- make a diversion a fun event.

Okay, okay, make it Charlotte to Phoenix. I was just trying to think of two important USAirways stations. For all I know it could have been from Zanesville, Ohio to Show Low, Arizona - except I don't think you guys run a nonstop across there....not since retiring the Nord 262s anyhow.

Okay, okay, make it Charlotte to Phoenix. I was just trying to think of two important USAirways stations. For all I know it could have been from Zanesville, Ohio to Show Low, Arizona - except I don't think you guys run a nonstop across there....not since retiring the Nord 262s anyhow.

Zanesville, Ohio. That sounds like a place to visit. They have A Y-shaped bridge (called the "Y-Bridge") spans the confluence of the Licking and Muskingum rivers. It is the only bridge of its type in the world. It has been rebuilt numerous times since the 1850s

800px-Y_bridge.jpg

Did someone say "Thread Hijack?"

Here I am!! Did you guys know that the dollar store sells Woolite sometimes? I KNOW!! Me either!!! I was so excited.

*but seriously,only this airline can find a way to throw down a bigger scuttlebutt than the current prices. And how ironic, the price is starting to creep down. Only us...

I didn't know about the Woolite, however I heard you can get US Airways stock at the dollar store!

Zanesville, Ohio. That sounds like a place to visit. They have A Y-shaped bridge (called the "Y-Bridge") spans the confluence of the Licking and Muskingum rivers. It is the only bridge of its type in the world. It has been rebuilt numerous times since the 1850s

800px-Y_bridge.jpg

Licking and Muskingum rivers???? Are you making that up? As Champ would say, "I don't know Ron, that just sounds crazy". And as Brick Tamlin would say, "You must have mental problems" AAAAAfternoon Delight.

OK, while you guys are busy digging through the kitty litter to toss cat turds at each other, can someone cut and post the commentary cited by the OP so that those of us who fly US can evaluate this issue ourselves? Just the facts as sgt Friday said.

Barry

Can't be a more balanced version of events than the one from the company's own website.

Gee Dog,
I think we have a case of "Stockholm Syndrome" with USA320pilot. I mean a former company hostage writing a note defending the company's irrational fuel...rationing? Brownie points or Stockholm Syndrome -- you be the judge.

Later,
Eye

OK, while you guys are busy digging through the kitty litter to toss cat turds at each other, can someone cut and post the commentary cited by the OP so that those of us who fly US can evaluate this issue ourselves? Just the facts as sgt Friday said.

Barry
Barry, it’s still on the link provided. It just moved down a couple of spaces under the Q2 financial results.

This post is double ROT-13 encrypted to abate the snoops in Tempe.

Latest posts

Back