Southwest stock clerks ratify 5-year labor deal

MERV

Advanced
Oct 29, 2009
JFK Aiport NYC
Visit site
Southwest Airlines Co. said Tuesday that its stock clerks ratified a 5-year labor deal that includes wage and benefit increases for the workers and work-rule changes sought by the company.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9M4HM280.htm

'
Congratulations on ratifying your new contract!
Hoping it's a good one for all of you... :)

Thanks Sharon.

Still not everyone is happy with it. Worry is still Job security for those folks

Starts and A and B scale, 12% pay raise for us. Takes us to 9.3 company match for 401K and full retro. Some language changes regarding work rules to the companies benefit but overall livable I think. There are Language enhancements for Ground equipment/MRO's that I think or in our favor. We will be back a the table in less that two years by then we should have the Air Tran folks on board.

bb

Thanks Sharon.

Still not everyone is happy with it. Worry is still Job security for those folks

Starts and A and B scale, 12% pay raise for us. Takes us to 9.3 company match for 401K and full retro. Some language changes regarding work rules to the companies benefit but overall livable I think. There are Language enhancements for Ground equipment/MRO's that I think or in our favor. We will be back a the table in less that two years by then we should have the Air Tran folks on board.

bb
the stock clerks in dal have already started the process of eliminating the IBT. The problem is that the IBT represents both sets of stock clerks in this merger so it will be a straight date of hire for the airtran employees. Unlike AMFA mechanics, the WN stock clerks won't be able to control that unless they change unions. You can make contact with the IAM141.org people who are doing the organizing drive for the IAM.

the stock clerks in dal have already started the process of eliminating the IBT. The problem is that the IBT represents both sets of stock clerks in this merger so it will be a straight date of hire for the airtran employees. Unlike AMFA mechanics, the WN stock clerks won't be able to control that unless they change unions. You can make contact with the IAM141.org people who are doing the organizing drive for the IAM.
Janitor, My card has already been sent. I don't know the total details but our local has no juice to handle the local Airtran belong's to.

My issue is the lack of concern the Teamsters have for it's members here at Southwest Airlines. They have paid dues and have been in good standing years before the Airtran clerks came to the Teamster party but lose none the less. I could understand the Company doing this because it benifit's it's new employees in it's intigration as one enitity. Do that as a bargaining unit where seniority is life though, and you get the Donald Trump Quote "You're Fired"

I will close with one final thought which I think would be the fair way of intigration. Company seniority is DOH at Airtran. That gives you plenty of vacation and the seniority to pick the good dates off during the year. Now when it comes to shift bidding Teamster Seniority for everybody is the day you became a Teamster. If they put that in writing they might just save their Arse.

This is all tempered with this is my opinon an WTF do I know....

Thanks Sharon.

bb

I am curious what the full retro pay is? Here at AA I am still without a contract THREE years after the FIVE year concessionary contract ended. I will note vote on another concessionary contract let alone a contract without full retro. The company claims full retro will cost too much so they should have offered a fair contract THREE years ago. Thanks for the info.

Ken