Shake-up At Us Airways Spurs

mweiss said:
Then Siegel wasn't the problem and all of those calls for his head were missing the point.
His departure is merely a good start. If others do not soon follow, this is just expectations management (see ALPA - they seem to swoon quicker than a teeny bopper at an Elvis concert).

diogenes,

" (see ALPA - they seem to swoon quicker than a teeny bopper at an Elvis concert)."

Or most of them still do - some don't since march 1.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
"(Doing) nothing is not an option," ALPA Captain Jack Stephan said.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Then you better pony up for the groups who refuse to cave in for round 3. ;) That is if you want to keep the high paying bus flying job. :p

PITbull said:
His appointment has "removed a barrier of mistrust that existed under the previous administration," Stephan said.

Excuse me, but the previous administration is still the present administration with the same exact plan.
arent u suppose to be making a "difference: smewhere? :)

PITbull said:
His appointment has "removed a barrier of mistrust that existed under the previous administration," Stephan said.

Excuse me, but the previous administration is still the present administration with the same exact plan.
Something tells me that if you replaced about 20 bodies, you'd still have a CASM of about 10. So what you gonna do about that?

This is just a game of musical chairs and I'm disappointed that intelligent adults are engaging in worthless speculation and posturing.

If I was running USAirways I'd distribute the names of two former customers to each employee with the instruction to call that former customer and determine the necessary steps to regain their business. Today. Tell the employees they now 'own' these customers. Literally you guys would be calling for your careers. Call 'em on your lunch break or from home, just be sure to call 'em.

And if somebody says "that's not my job" reply with "yes, soon".

Revenue folks, revenue. Y'all ain't got time to be fiddling with negotiating and stuff.

The barbarians are at your gate.

OK... Let's try this again.

Seigel was fired (asked to resign) by Bronner. Bronner and the BOD are (were) his boss. Bronner and the BOD approved the actions that Seigel took. Seigel was not fired because of his plan. The plan was endorsed by the board, including new CEO Lakefield. Think about that. Seigel was fired because he created an environment that was not condusive to executing the plan, which is obtaining more concessions (i.e. "The Concession Stand is Closed").

Reread that a few times.

There is no reason to believe, other than "eternal optimism" to believe anything has changed.

Case in point: During his first week on the job, Lakefield gets Seigel's Plan of Restructuring approved.

Case in point: During his first address to employees, he continues to talk about more "shared sacrifice".

Furthermore, I don't believe that there will be any major changes to Seigel's team because:

1. Lakefield doesn't really have old airline buddies to help him out like Seigel did from his days at CO
2. Who would want this job at this stage in the game anyway
3. They already have their plan... Now they need to execute. In their minds, they don't need a new plan.

usfliboi said:
arent u suppose to be making a "difference: smewhere? :)
Just curious if you have ever taken the initiative to run for a union position to make a difference somewhere? At least on the local level? Might be a good idea to get some insight into some of the things that actually go on around here and not just whats posted online.

tadjr said:
Just curious if you have ever taken the initiative to run for a union position to make a difference somewhere? At least on the local level? Might be a good idea to get some insight into some of the things that actually go on around here and not just whats posted online.
i make a bigger difference on the line with the pax!

PITbull said:
Exactly.

Its his team, IMO. And certain key folks on that team that destroy labor morale. Their culture will not change, cause that is why they were called here in the first place.

With Lakefield, who doesn't know the airline buisness, will not be able to change that unless he gets rid of this team and puts in his own trusted people.

Siegle had loyalites. Very difficult for "the team" to have a new found alligiance to another leader just cause Bronner chose him.

Usally CEOs bring in their own team.

Bronner is on the same mission Siegel was on....its all about labor and labor subsidizing "the plan".

You know my position on Labor. I am just citing the realities above of what IS.
PITBull:

I agree. Cleaning house with the V.P.'s, namely, Jerry Glass,
Neil Cohen, Ben Baldanza, and Al Crellin is long overdue.
Of course, anyone that knows who Jerry Glass is knows that
he is a V.P. only of Title. His real vocation is as a hired gun, or
consultant, who knows how to control several aspects of
labor negotiations including media relation and internal
communications. If he can control both of those channels
of information, he can (and does) manipulate employee
interpretation of the state of the company. He has a system
that is ingenious and works to an extent by pitting labor
groups against each other to lower the bar. Neil Cohen was
Bugsy's buddy. He will proably leave in the next 2 weeks
and pull his own golden parachute that was tied to Dave's
2 year agreement. Ben Baldanza needs to leave and go
to work as a marketing V.P. for Hardee's. They also have
an identity problem backed by unfocused marketing with
high product costs. Al Crellin needs to run the customer
service department at the PA Dept. of Motor Vehicles.
His idea of customer service would fit in perfectly in that
beaurocratic environment.

SpinDoc said:
PITBull:

I agree. Cleaning house with the V.P.'s, namely, Jerry Glass,
Neil Cohen, Ben Baldanza, and Al Crellin is long overdue.
Of course, anyone that knows who Jerry Glass is knows that
he is a V.P. only of Title. His real vocation is as a hired gun, or
consultant, who knows how to control several aspects of
labor negotiations including media relation and internal
communications. If he can control both of those channels
of information, he can (and does) manipulate employee
interpretation of the state of the company. He has a system
that is ingenious and works to an extent by pitting labor
groups against each other to lower the bar. Neil Cohen was
Bugsy's buddy. He will proably leave in the next 2 weeks
and pull his own golden parachute that was tied to Dave's
2 year agreement. Ben Baldanza needs to leave and go
to work as a marketing V.P. for Hardee's. They also have
an identity problem backed by unfocused marketing with
high product costs. Al Crellin needs to run the customer
service department at the PA Dept. of Motor Vehicles.
His idea of customer service would fit in perfectly in that
beaurocratic environment.
Spin Doc,

Geezus, this is the very first time I agree with your ENTIRE post...

We must recently be eating from the same fruit tree. I honest to goodness agree with all of it. :up:

Someone "pinch" me.