Short F/A's pretty much systemwide

Anyone know the legend of one of our RSV PHL Flight Attendants? I won't say her name but she is my hero. After sitting 6 days with nothing she has a doctors appointment on her OFF day. That afternoon she was going OFF. Scheduling calls and tells her they must take her days off away for a 2 day or something. She says NO. They were like "Sorry but you must take the trip". She reply's, NO. Hangs up. They call her back. She answers. They get the scheduling supervisor on the line. He advises her she must take the trip. She said. No, I have sat for 6 **** days with nothing. I am going off and have appointments I must keep. Sorry, it's your problem I can't bail you out. She hangs up. 5 minutes later an Inflight Supervisor calls back to give her a direct work order ( aka cue the organ). She reply's, You know that? You want the ***** trip covered slap some wings on yourself and get the hell out there. Then hangs up and takes the phone off the hook! To hear her tell it is just too funny. Sometimes they just push us one inch too far.
:lol: LOVE IT! This individual is most deserving of entry into the Stewardess Hall of Fame. I love a person with balls. :lol: Only thing she may have done better is b*tch slapped that nasty, rude scheduler D. Formosa like 100times into submission. (That broad thinks she is an integral part of the operation........more like an aborted (I think you got the picture)........HATE HER!!!

Dont get pissed at the schedulers--they are only doing their jobs. And as far as "not cutting you a break" . . the contract and management doesn't allow them to do that. Don't blame them for doing their jobs "by the book" . .just as people shouldn't blame pilots, flight attendants, and mechanics for doing their jobs "by the book". Are crew schdulers sometimes rude to crewmembers for no reason? Sure they are--just like crewmembers are to schedulers. And it's certianly not scheduling's fault that the airline is short staffed.

rjh:

Go read this and get back to me about doing their jobs "by the book".

It was the premise of the whole thing. And she did get into some pretty hot water for doing what she did but she took a stand. Sitting 6 days on company time with not so much as a peep only to be packing your bag to go home to your time off and they call to take that away. The staffing models have never been right. But just like everything else they make it our responsibility to dig them out of their poor planning.

If scheduling was sooooo short yesterday why the hell did they released the handful of f/a's who were good for 2 days or more yesterday after they pickup trips for Saturday and leaving the coverage down to just 28 f/a's good for 1 day trips?

Contactually they HAVE to release you after taking a trip. They cannot "not" release you do to lack of coverage. They are only permitted to not release if it is weather or some sort of irregular operations. Short staffing levels does not constitute irregular operations.

Back