CLT short rsv coverage again?!?! What a shocker!

jbragg476

Advanced
Feb 27, 2004
Well looks like Crew Scheduling was busy this weekend trying to get reserves to give up some days off to "come in and help them out." I know one friend who was called on her INV day and asked if she could help them out because they had 0 reserves. Breaks my &^&*^ing heart!

You have to be a stupid dumb&*^(* M/F in upper management not to understand that staffing is tight and going to become tighter in all bases come summer and US AIRWAYS needs to recall furloughs or begin to hire new.

By the way... come in on your day off and help us out... and we'll displace you in June. (click, dial-tone)

DON'T FLY MORE THAN 30/7
DON'T GIVE UP YOUR DAYS OFF.
DO NO MORE FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY DON"T DO IT FOR YOU!
time to give them a wakeup call.
Easter next weekend, Mother's Day weekend and Memorial Day weekend in May..... I'm guessing they'll be SHORT again there too. That ain't my first rodeo.

SEEMS the WRITING is on the WALL...and how many FA's are on FURLOUGH ? ONE would think with the reception that the FA's gave SCOTT KIRBY on Mar22 that recalls would be STARTED.!!!!

PLEASE call and listen to the update for PHL tomorrow. They have 62 trips and 44 reserves to call today. They are NOT releasing due to ahhhhhh Thunderstorms on aaaahhhhh the Eastern part of the state. What the hell are they talking about? Why not just say we are screwed and did it to ourselves. No releasing or splitting for days. What a bunch of bafoons.

Well looks like Crew Scheduling was busy this weekend trying to get reserves to give up some days off to "come in and help them out." I know one friend who was called on her INV day and asked if she could help them out because they had 0 reserves. Breaks my &^&*^ing heart!

You have to be a stupid dumb&*^(* M/F in upper management not to understand that staffing is tight and going to become tighter in all bases come summer and US AIRWAYS needs to recall furloughs or begin to hire new.

By the way... come in on your day off and help us out... and we'll displace you in June. (click, dial-tone)
DON'T FLY MORE THAN 30/7
DON'T GIVE UP YOUR DAYS OFF.
DO NO MORE FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY DON"T DO IT FOR YOU!
time to give them a wakeup call.
Easter next weekend, Mother's Day weekend and Memorial Day weekend in May..... I'm guessing they'll be SHORT again there too. That ain't my first rodeo.

Crew Schedulers and crew scheduling supervisors have nothing to do with staffing levels. They work with what they are given (or not). They also have nothing to do with the displacements.

Crew Schedulers and crew scheduling supervisors have nothing to do with staffing levels. They work with what they are given (or not). They also have nothing to do with the displacements.
True, but does not mean we should be giving our services away to them. Next time they ask for help on my days off and I can't break guarantee, I'll be sure to tell them "it's nothing personal" on the phone.... ;)

Fix the system.

As a reserve I'll do my part and work my days off if they were to give me the trip pay ABOVE my guarantee. I bet their phones would ring off the hook to volunteer. I don't see that happening though.

As a reserve I'll do my part and work my days off if they were to give me the trip pay ABOVE my guarantee. I bet their phones would ring off the hook to volunteer. I don't see that happening though.
I just have a huge problem with working my days off. Won't ever feel guilty for that! :)

True, but does not mean we should be giving our services away to them. Next time they ask for help on my days off and I can't break guarantee, I'll be sure to tell them "it's nothing personal" on the phone.... ;)

Fix the system.

don't get me wrong, you gotta do what you gotta do. I just wanted to point out that things your are upset about are not things that crew schedulers are able to "fix" nor are they responsible for the staffing issues. They just come in and try to fill trips.

don't get me wrong, you gotta do what you gotta do. I just wanted to point out that things your are upset about are not things that crew schedulers are able to "fix" nor are they responsible for the staffing issues. They just come in and try to fill trips.
Never said they were responsible. They are pawns, just like me. ;)