Sitting it Out

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
I am sorry to say that Continental Airlines will not be returning to the Maintenance Skills Competition in Las Vegas next month. CO AMTs have participated in the first 3 years of the MSC and they will be missed during the 4th MSC Feb. 23 - 25th, 2011. The CO Team took 1st Place 2 years in a row and 2nd last year in the Commercial Category. It was hoped that with the merger United AMTs would field a team but niether group of AMTs will be present in 2011. I hope they can compete in 2012.

I am sorry to say that Continental Airlines will not be returning to the Maintenance Skills Competition in Las Vegas next month. CO AMTs have participated in the first 3 years of the MSC and they will be missed during the 4th MSC Feb. 23 - 25th, 2011. The CO Team took 1st Place 2 years in a row and 2nd last year in the Commercial Category. It was hoped that with the merger United AMTs would field a team but niether group of AMTs will be present in 2011. I hope they can compete in 2012.
Do you know why not?

Do you know why not?

From what I have gathered it seems as if UA put the nix on things. I know that there is support and interest in the MSC but for some reason the MSC is a dirty word. As I stated, the CO Teams will be missed. They are a great bunch of professionals as are UA AMTs. The MSC is NOT about promoting one group of AMTs over another but rather elevating the awareness of what all AMTs do to the public. With 13 months to go till the 2012 MSC set in Las Vegas I hope that the combined UA/CO can come and help to continue to elevate the level of competition in the MSC.

If anyone has questions about the MSC feel free to send me a message.