AMP Wins

So the competition for the AMP was an OEM who builds aircraft one at a time and an MRO group from Mexico outside the jurisdiction of the FAA who's employment standards would most likely fall short from like AMT work here in the states which would not qualify them as candidates to secure a safety sensitive positions mandated and policed by the FAA...

"WOW AMP", I'm impressed.....

AMP did what you fear the most in life hss... holding themselves accountable for their actions. You see these men paid their own way and competed against their peers in a profession that requires people to hold a heavy responsibility for their work performed on aircraft. These men WANTED to promote their craft.

Yet all you can do is cower from behind a curtain and slander the actions of not only these men but all those who competed in the MSC. You truly are a proud product of the twu! Did you miss the fact that the AMP Team placed third overall? Of course you did.

AMP did what you will NEVER do and that is stand up for their craft and profession while allowing the whole world to know who they are.

What size socket do you need to remove a 727 MLG brake? What is the first thing you do after starting a 727 APU? Where is the APU on a 727? Where did you get your A@P?
Hey Speedy,
Would you like to use a life line and phone an AMT friend? :lol:

What size socket do you need to remove a 727 MLG brake? What is the first thing you do after starting a 727 APU? Where is the APU on a 727? Where did you get your A@P?

I have always been under the impression that High Speed Steel (hint,hint) was a machinist, which by the way is very highly skilled profession, though I could be wrong.

I have always been under the impression that High Speed Steel (hint,hint) was a machinist, which by the way is very highly skilled profession, though I could be wrong.
I agree, I have several friends at AFW that are machinist, it's a very skilled occupation, but don't lie about being an AMT and don't belittle my livelihood.

AMP did what you fear the most in life hss... holding themselves accountable for their actions. You see these men paid their own way and competed against their peers in a profession that requires people to hold a heavy responsibility for their work performed on aircraft. These men WANTED to promote their craft.

Yet all you can do is cower from behind a curtain and slander the actions of not only these men but all those who competed in the MSC. You truly are a proud product of the twu! Did you miss the fact that the AMP Team placed third overall? Of course you did.

AMP did what you will NEVER do and that is stand up for their craft and profession while allowing the whole world to know who they are.

Ken we all know that speedy loves to tell half truths spin things to try and confuse people about the truth. This is why the twu cannot defend themselves or the twu constitution as we have seen cio do inthe past. Look he claims to be an AMT when he is not. This should tell everybody a liitle bit about him and his character.

Yes, I've been a machinist for just shy of 31 years now, primarily working on products related to the aviation industry.

I've created many components over the years to support aviation spanning McDonnel Douglas, Boeing, Sikorski Helicopter, NASA, and defense components for the Tomahawk, and JDAM missile programs as well as repair of components for AA's fleet....

Glad to see that you are aware of what High Speed Steel is in relation to my skilled profession. We machinists refer to HSS as a tool steel used in machining that is still used today but over the years technological improvements have surpassed its use in today's machining processes...

Hilarious to read this debate when Charles Taylor, who was a machinist, and also whom the prestigious AMT Master Mechanic Award is named after, and the almighty current A&P holder discredits the machinist profession as non-AMT.

IGNORANCE IS INDEED BLISS

It is akin to having a Sniper/Sharp Shooter Award and excluding anyone who owns a gun.

Is a Machinist or a Welder even allowed to compete in this all important Maintenance Skills Competition? Or it reserved only for those special individuals that carry a license to LEARN?

I do know that even though Charley Taylor was a machinist, the 50 year machinist of aviation today doesn't seem to even qualify for the Master Mechanic Award. Talk about missing the facts. But one must remember it is Federal Government created, and surely from the same mold as Federal Mediation Services. Funny and yet ridiculous when you think about it.

Hilarious to read this debate when Charles Taylor, who was a machinist, and also whom the prestigious AMT Master Mechanic Award is named after, and the almighty current A&P holder discredits the machinist profession as non-AMT.

IGNORANCE IS INDEED BLISS

Is a Machinist or a Welder even allowed to compete in this all important Maintenance Skills Competition? Or it reserved only for those special individuals that carry a license to LEARN?

I do know that even though Charley Taylor was a machinist, the 50 year machinist of aviation today doesn't seem to even qualify for the award. Talk about missing the facts.

To my understanding if the Welder or Machinist has an A&P then they are welcome but for you and I, "We're shett outta luck"........LOL

What's with the SPIN Informer? Your buddy Speedy was claiming to be an AMT when he is not. He was caught in a lie and you are defending him by posting that AMT's discredit machinist and welders, who said this? Why are you discrediting what AMP stands for when you signed a card yourself? You post that you despise the twu and want a change yet side with people you are trying to displace.

What's with the SPIN Informer? Your buddy Speedy was claiming to be an AMT when he is not. He was caught in a lie and you are defending him by posting that AMT's discredit machinist and welders, who said this? Why are you discrediting what AMP stands for when you signed a card yourself? You post that you despise the twu and want a change yet side with people you are trying to displace.

Ah hell odie give me a break, I gotta at least have one friendly around here or I might quit showing up....

Ah hell odie give me a break, I gotta at least have one friendly around here or I might quit showing up....
The Maintenance Skills Competition was open to everyone, you knew this, and so did Informer. Why did you lie about having an A and P license?