AMP Wins

hey odie do you know how to install a 3/4 taper lock on an A300 I do, but same trick B.S you asked. I worked an aircraft we no longer have also but that does not make me some great mechanic. I now work 757 and I dont have a clue but Im learning, so a year from now lets talk 757

Gentlemen

I would like to make a few points if I may,first there is no requirement to have a A&P to compete at the MSC this is witnessed by the fact that schools are allowed to compete and the contestents have no license also boeing and the MRO don't require a A&P to work there either. second almost all of us who have been around the drive for anytime know who HSS is and I for one do not see why anyone would care what he thinks he is no different than any other bought and paid for TWU croney Jim L Don V Bobby G etc etc etc. Third our time would be much better spent trying to convert people who can think for themselves to our cause rather than arguing with a TWU follower.

Now it is not my place to tell any of you what to do but I would ask that we stick to what we stand for and not get caught up in any of the nonsense that HSS or CIO bring to the page finally Charles Talyor was neither machinist or mechanic he refered to himself as a mechnician he had no formal training as either a machinist or mechanic I find it interesting that the argument turns on who he was the truth is he was all machinist, welder, mechanic and most important of the First Aircraft Mechanic

Hilarious to read this debate when Charles Taylor, who was a machinist, and also whom the prestigious AMT Master Mechanic Award is named after, and the almighty current A&P holder discredits the machinist profession as non-AMT.

IGNORANCE IS INDEED BLISS

It is akin to having a Sniper/Sharp Shooter Award and excluding anyone who owns a gun.

Is a Machinist or a Welder even allowed to compete in this all important Maintenance Skills Competition? Or it reserved only for those special individuals that carry a license to LEARN?

I do know that even though Charley Taylor was a machinist, the 50 year machinist of aviation today doesn't seem to even qualify for the Master Mechanic Award. Talk about missing the facts. But one must remember it is Federal Government created, and surely from the same mold as Federal Mediation Services. Funny and yet ridiculous when you think about it.

Informer,

Read the criteria for those who can enter the competition and you will see that I have allowed for people such as yourself to enter.

The MSC is not "all important" but important enough.

Latest posts