Skyworld Aviation is appointed to market (US Airways Express Carrier) Republic Airways EMB 190's

It would not surprise me to see US Airways acquire Republic's E-190s, previously operated by US Airways, and operate them on the DCA-LGA and DCA-BOS routes; along with the EMB 190's currently operating in the BOS-LGA and BOS-PHL markets. Then the A319s assigned to the Shuttle could be redistributed in the network per the Transition Agreement to fly between DCA-SAN, DCA-LAX, DCA-SFO, and DCA-SJU if the peremiter rule exemptions are obtained in the FAA reauthorization bill.

Yes and it would not surpirse me if US Airways acquired the ten orignally operated by the Tempe-based company. And, it appears Republic is trying to sell some of their EMB 170's, Q400's, and ERJ 145's too.

Of course, they are selling their 190's and smaller jets, while they line up their fleet with the more profitable AB fleet, many of them based in PHX. Republic is looking for more profitable flying aircraft, along with more market share.

breeze

Of course, they are selling their 190's and smaller jets, while they line up their fleet with the more profitable AB fleet, many of them based in PHX. Republic is looking for more profitable flying aircraft, along with more market share.

breeze

Could also be to raise cash. They haven't been beating the door down to the bank.

Could also be to raise cash. They haven't been beating the door down to the bank.

We could have a winner. If anyone cared to further research the article (the link is in the article) they'd see that Republic is only selling 4 of their 15 E190's. In their 2nd quarter report, they said that they expected to put 6 new 190's into service in the 2nd half of this year, so it would seem that adding 320's in the first half and 190's in the 2nd half will result in more capacity gain than they desire.

Jim

US Airways had more orders and quite a few options for more 190"s... What happened to those??? Anyone know?

There are firm orders, orders, and options. US had 25 firm orders which were all delivered before selling 10 to Republic. There were also orders subject of confirmation by US as well as options, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that the additional orders were ever confirmed. Presumably they still exist in a sort of limbo.

Jim

US Airways' Earnings Conference Call: October 27, 2011

Michael Linenberg - Deutsche Bank AG, Research Division

Okay. And then just my second question and this is, Scott, for you or Doug or maybe even Steve. It was -- I think Bloomberg had an article out recently, maybe it was last night about Republic looking to sell some DCA slots to raise some money. And I realize this transaction was done before your time. But from what I know, I believe that you do have a call option on that. So if, for some reason, you weren't to exercise that, could they sell them away from you or they have -- they can only deal with you? Can you just give us some color on what they can and can't do?

Stephen L. Johnson

I'd just say that you're right. We have a call option on those slots.

Michael Linenberg - Deutsche Bank AG, Research Division

And leave it at that?

Stephen L. Johnson

Yes.

Click here to read the story.

Latest posts