So long Captain Dubinsky. Actually, Good Riddance

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/7/2002 6:33:28 AM sastal wrote:

Spacewaitress,

Maybe you should read my prior posts in greater detail before making such an assertion. I never said anything disparaging about the flight attendant profession. In fact, I support the AFA. You know where I stand on certain issues, so you don't need to hint at hypocrisy on my part here. Next time, when someone supports your claims, try to be a bit more tactful. "There are any number of media choices in which to read about this company...", you say. And? Please develop your ideas if you want to convey your message.

Thanks,
----------------
[/blockquote]

Huh, what is this post about?? As far as developing my ideas...If should be self evident, what's to develope?? There are a myriad of newspaper and other media choices that are opining on the fate of UAL, so, as I said, choose your poison.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/7/2002 6:33:28 AM sastal wrote:

Spacewaitress,

Maybe you should read my prior posts in greater detail before making such an assertion. I never said anything disparaging about the flight attendant profession. In fact, I support the AFA. You know where I stand on certain issues, so you don't need to hint at hypocrisy on my part here. Next time, when someone supports your claims, try to be a bit more tactful. "There are any number of media choices in which to read about this company...", you say. And? Please develop your ideas if you want to convey your message.

Thanks,
----------------
[/blockquote]

Huh, what is this post about?? As far as developing my ideas...If should be self evident, what's to develope?? There are a myriad of newspaper and other media choices that are opining on the fate of UAL, so, as I said, choose your poison.

An interesting article about Dubinsky can be read at the link below;

http://www.gfsnet.org/Business/UnitedAirlines.html

The article details some of the events from the summer of 2000 which Dubinsky played a major part. In addition to pilots refusing overtime (some were forced to do so), pilots would fly low to burn more fuel, taxi to/from the gate at very low speeds, order repairs for obscure items, and other stunts. As we now know, these led to a $700 million loss for United. That money would be useful right now.

Its kind of ironic that the pilots who “strangled the golden gooseâ€￾ will very likely be unemployed.

FF

An interesting article about Dubinsky can be read at the link below;

http://www.gfsnet.org/Business/UnitedAirlines.html

The article details some of the events from the summer of 2000 which Dubinsky played a major part. In addition to pilots refusing overtime (some were forced to do so), pilots would fly low to burn more fuel, taxi to/from the gate at very low speeds, order repairs for obscure items, and other stunts. As we now know, these led to a $700 million loss for United. That money would be useful right now.

Its kind of ironic that the pilots who “strangled the golden gooseâ€￾ will very likely be unemployed.

FF