So what happens to Tulsa?

what i think is funny is that all these line guys think its just going to be oh to get nailed. but please dont forget they are probly going to outsource line maintence in all these little cities and just keep the hubs staffed with aa techs. also you all seem to think nobody is going to bump out of oh to the line stations, well you all better think again. because anybody that can, will. i have been thru 2 bks with twa, and from my exp you can never predict whats going to happen. i was one of the bottom guys in sen, and never got laid off. we lost some vacation, lost some benefits. but not much changed. they never got rid of oh either. my best advice is dont worry about it because there is nothing you can do about it.

what i think is funny is that all these line guys think its just going to be oh to get nailed. but please dont forget they are probly going to outsource line maintence in all these little cities and just keep the hubs staffed with aa techs. also you all seem to think nobody is going to bump out of oh to the line stations, well you all better think again. because anybody that can, will. i have been thru 2 bks with twa, and from my exp you can never predict whats going to happen. i was one of the bottom guys in sen, and never got laid off. we lost some vacation, lost some benefits. but not much changed. they never got rid of oh either. my best advice is dont worry about it because there is nothing you can do about it.
Exactly and I beieve that there is a lot of seniority at TUL, since the TWU will continue to represent us. The only thing is that the TWU could allow the company to RED CIRCLE the Line.

My hunch is OH will be spun off into a separate entity of AMR....Wages and benefits will be adjusted to compete with the Timcos... Line maintenannce wages and benefits will be on par with every other low cost carrier and once-bankrupt legacy carrier.

Look around,,,,the Low cost guys have NO overhaul but DO HAVE line mechanics...
The once-bankrupt legacy carriers devasted their OH operations. but kept their line mechanics. It is what it is!
OH is over!!! I have been blessed with 19 yrs of weekends off d/s watching our TWU / AA promote ERG's, hot dog cookoffs, promoting all walks of life to the SRP/OSM positions, (to take our jobs!!) 90% worthless stores minions, worthless ex-Eagle personel as supervisors with no A/C time!!! The only accolade to our local 567 president is that he re-instated probably the most worthless excuse to our brethren back to employment!!
Go Festus!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

I welcome my TULE buddies to move to NY and pay $13000 a year in property taxes, $4000 a year for auto insurance on 3 not nearly new vehicles. $4000 a year in NYS tax....Sky HIGH oil and electric bills, water bills. I welcome them to see how it is to live on the same wages they have been content with.

And I would recommend moving the wife and kids here as well because forget about commuting should TULE be shut down. If you don't like the public school system, I'm sure you wont mind paying $6-8000 a year for elementary school tuition.

I am NOT blaming AA's woes on OH......But OH has become the lightening rod that pilot SCOPE has...
One thing for certain is that SCOPE will be gutted as well as the pensions and retiree medical. I am still thinking that OH will be spun off and not sold.

OH is over!!! I have been blessed with 19 yrs of weekends off d/s watching our TWU / AA promote ERG's, hot dog cookoffs, promoting all walks of life to the SRP/OSM positions, (to take our jobs!!) 90% worthless stores minions, worthless ex-Eagle personel as supervisors with no A/C time!!! The only accolade to our local 567 president is that he re-instated probably the most worthless excuse to our brethren back to employment!!
Go Festus!!!!

I am being optimistic that OH will be spun off....but things will undoubtedly change....

Mike7683
Better check your seniority as far as I can see the line has more seniority percentage wise. If they do spin or pair down T town there will be a one time option to bump and roll and the guys in the little cities have way more seniority than Tulsa. BTW I'm number 634 on the list I'm in SFO my name is Steve Goeyvaerts what's your name and seniority? Or do you have a need to hide behind an alias? No offense if that's the case but like to know who I'm talking to.
Goey

Mike7683
Better check your seniority as far as I can see the line has more seniority percentage wise. If they do spin or pair down T town there will be a one time option to bump and roll and the guys in the little cities have way more seniority than Tulsa. BTW I'm number 634 on the list I'm in SFO my name is Steve Goeyvaerts what's your name and seniority? Or do you have a need to hide behind an alias? No offense if that's the case but like to know who I'm talking to.
Goey
well nice to meet you steve, my name is mike engelman and i am at afw. really dont know where i am at in the seniority list but i pretty sure i am close to the bottom, lol, since i am one of those damn twa guys, lol. and i really wasnt looking to piss anyone off, just wanted line guys who think they are safe and that oh is going to take the blunt of this, that everyone is going to feel the pain. i have already come to the conclusion that if oh is gone so am i. so there is not much i can do the ball is out of my hands. if i get laid off i go back to stl and try and find another job. and by the way did you know my buddy ken manning?

well nice to meet you steve, my name is mike engelman and i am at afw. really dont know where i am at in the seniority list but i pretty sure i am close to the bottom, lol, since i am one of those damn twa guys, lol. and i really wasnt looking to piss anyone off, just wanted line guys who think they are safe and that oh is going to take the blunt of this, that everyone is going to feel the pain. i have already come to the conclusion that if oh is gone so am i. so there is not much i can do the ball is out of my hands. if i get laid off i go back to stl and try and find another job. and by the way did you know my buddy ken manning?
Well Mike if USair takes ove since they are IAM are they going to be stapled to the bottom don't think so.

Mike
Yes I know Ken he just headed back to STL on recall good guy as all the ex TWA guys are. I am not pissed off just wanted to bring some reality to the forum every other carrier who went thru BK held onto to line maint. And as Redding just recently stated when in SFO in Sept they think they made a mistake on closing the class 2 stations because it affected reliability. So if OH is spun or downsized they will need the line to keep it reliable. Currently in SFO UA just canceled all there contract maint they do on other airlines and I expect that goes for the whole company and all those carriers want us to put in bids to do their work, don't think that's gonna happen right now though. So you see line maint. Is a premium. As far as what AA does my wild ass guess is that since they sent the tech down your way they would dump T town and make AFW a fully functional lite OH along wtih DWH. Hear is another thought I heard the lease for the 737 and the AB were written for 4 year deals so that would mean at time for OH they would return them to the lessor and either get a new A/C or let them OH them and sign a new lease thus less need for OH. My feeling is T town is on a short leash with very few options. BTW say hi to my buddy Brian Richardson we from AIRCAL called him Killer also say hi to my buddy Tony Cava.
Goey

so overall this could be the end of Tulsa as we know it. Maybe have to sell the extra pickup truck and boat before the move to NY.