So What Is The Plan?

AAviator

Veteran
Nov 12, 2002
If there's a link for this info, please let me know.

I've been reading this board for a while and the glaring question remains, what is the plan?

75% point to point.

OK, all fleet types? How many fleet types will remain? From hubs? Will75% point to point flying weaken the hub cities to insignificance, and vulnerable to LCC invasion?

Will the largest (most expensive) and delay prone airports still be heavily served by US?

Will First class continue to exist? What does this do to casms? What percentage of premium pax are projected to be lost where premium competitive service remains?

If a hub type operation continues, doesn't this reduce daily A/C utilization?

How many currently loyal travelers will be left holding the bag when US drops reduced service or a smaller network in their lap? Won't this strengthen the carriers they turn to?

Doesn't the plan to increase point to point flying extinguish the need for "commuter" type feed?

Whats the final projected number? 6.5 casm?

Seatacus said:
There is no besides............I get the bad feeling that lower wages is the only plan. I could be real cynical and say more but what's the point......
[post="186996"][/post]​

And I can only guess that noone in CCY has figured out that even if all of US's employees worked for free the CASM would still be hight than most of the LCCs!

Or maybe they have and decided that "shrink to profitablity" will work this time.

The plan is to give it a try with business as usual until CCY realizes it still isn't working even with the 3rd round of lower wages. At that time they will once again ponder if another BK is in order, or if they can just get round 4 without a fight. If the first 2 rounds with 2 Billion in concessions didn't do the trick, nothing will EVER...

Why hasn't Lakefield already instituted so-called transformation plan?? The only part of the plan he's done so far is to try and make Kmart stockers out of all the employee groups except the pilots . . . . and there's plenty more water in that well.

Maybe part of the (non)transforming plan are the GoFares. They were tooted by mgt as simpler, however, they did not replace the restrictive fares with the GoFares, they just added them to a long list of other fares. They allocated a minimal amount of seats for the GoFares, which requires lots of time in the search for the ever elusive gofare. For what they are losing on the cost of these "gofers" they are doubling the loss by making them a pain in the whazoo to book. The only thing that takes longer to search is a UA freq. flier seat to HI. You can fly to HI faster than searching for an award seat. They are right up there with "Business Select" and Golden Parachutes.

From another link, the go fares include cities in Pa. that don't even have any competition. Altoona, Franklin, DuBois... WTF?

Seems to me its a fire sale to gather any cash they can.

As someone else asked, why haven't any visible changes been made to begin the desperately needed point to point operation? Sample markets?