So where do we go from here?

cltvff

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
The votes are in, the deal is done. It''s kind of like post-coital let down, isn''t it? You finally got to do it, but now it''s done [img src=''http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/8.gif''] Ok... let me see..... hmmmmm.. OK, I know.... everyone who voted YES, raise their hand [img src=''http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif'']
Seriously, congratulations to all US Airways employees and best wishes. While the future remains uncertain, you''ve given the company the best chance it has to survive and hopefully, prosper.
And I hope to see YOU on a future US Airways flight
Dave

Dave,

Where we go from here is to the top. I wasn't so sure it was going to happen and I would have hated to see the unions end up on BK court trying to defend their contracts.

I can't tell you how proud I am of the mechanics, gate agents, phone sales folks... all of us, really. When the chips were down, we all stepped up to the plate. We showed the other airlines we can do it. The hard part is over, and now that the votes have been counted, we are one again.

Dave Siegel is a smart guy and he is going to get us through this. We may not all agree with him on how he does it, but we will make him proud and he will make us proud. Trust me on this one.

As for what kind of company we will be, we don't know yet, but I am convinced that Dave is working very hard on this. I don't buy into the school of thought that we will be a regional airline. No way! There is something going on behind the scenes in Arlington and it will come to fruition soon enough. Just hang in there, my friends.

DCAflyer:

DCAflyer said: As for what kind of company we will be, we don't know yet, but I am convinced that Dave is working very hard on this. I don't buy into the school of thought that we will be a regional airline. No way! There is something going on behind the scenes in Arlington and it will come to fruition soon enough. Just hang in there, my friends.

Chip answers: DCAFlyer, we will not be a regional airline and I agree with your comment, There is something going on behind the scenes in Arlington and it will come to fruition soon enough. There is reason to believe there will be major news in the not-so-distant future.

Chip

Chip, if you're alluding to a deeper transaction with UA, I hope and pray it's not the fragmentation scenario you proposed and something more meaningful to the employees of BOTH airlines, not just US Airways.