Something To Ponder,

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
As I sit down and review the many posts over the last 180 days I have noticed the vast majority of the Amfa posts have no substance! The majority does nothing but complain about the TWU! Most have never held office or care to. They have a mentality that is designed for one purpose only. That is to live in a world that breeds hate and discontent! It won’t matter who represents them! It won’t take long before these same individuals are scrutinizing anyone who represents them! The major difference will be that the majority will be on layoff with 10 year recall rights which in effect guarantees Amfa will never be removed from the property! You need to look why they quit servicing after the fact! Reality is, that they do not want to! If you come back you might work to remove them!

I understand the concept of mechanics in one Union, But at what sacrifice? Back in the 60’s this idea would have worked. In today’s environment with the people who hold office in Washington and the direction of sending more jobs outside the country under the concept of bettering everyone else’s life in turn will enhance ours concept, we are under extreme pressure to change how we operate. All you have to do is look at the consolidations of the Unions and see the concept will not work! Everything you see or hear has the same theme! We need support and resources to fight the growing changes. Just look at the steel industry and you will see what we have to look forward to.

AMR is the largest enterprise in today’s aviation world! The average fleet size is 1/5 the size. No wonder we are under extreme pressure from all sides. If we are to have a fighting chance to survive and prosper we need the full resources we have available. The AFL-CIO is 13 million strong as one voice! You have to take notice! The politicians and AA did last Year! Amfa has 3 contracts they are negotiating but as yet has made no effort in supporting their goals! When was the last time you seen an informational picket at Horizon or any of the others? But you can guarantee delle will show-up at a Hotdog function and give lots of money!

I want you to go as a member for the first time and review the many postings over the last 180 days and see what I am talking about! Amfa members do not want you to see their track record, so they don’t enter that realm of information! Ask yourself a simple Question! If they can’t stand up to the test here of supporting an organization they seem so desperately wanting, and do not know the facts than what makes you think they will in the future? The key to Representing is Representing! Something the Amfa members are unwilling to do!

Get the Facts, review the Facts and you will see thru the smoke and mirrors of AMFA’s world! A dream world that is un-attainable at this time and in the future.

I would like you to stop, spend several days looking over the many Amfa posts and see what I am talking about, ask yourself if this is what I really want in the future?

Checking it Out said:
As I sit down and review the many posts over the last 180 days I have noticed the vast majority of the Amfa posts have no substance! The majority does nothing but complain about the TWU! Most have never held office or care to. They have a mentality that is designed for one purpose only. That is to live in a world that breeds hate and discontent! It won’t matter who represents them! It won’t take long before these same individuals are scrutinizing anyone who represents them! The major difference will be that the majority will be on layoff with 10 year recall rights which in effect guarantees Amfa will never be removed from the property! You need to look why they quit servicing after the fact! Reality is, that they do not want to! If you come back you might work to remove them!

I understand the concept of mechanics in one Union, But at what sacrifice? Back in the 60’s this idea would have worked. In today’s environment with the people who hold office in Washington and the direction of sending more jobs outside the country under the concept of bettering everyone else’s life in turn will enhance ours concept, we are under extreme pressure to change how we operate. All you have to do is look at the consolidations of the Unions and see the concept will not work! Everything you see or hear has the same theme! We need support and resources to fight the growing changes. Just look at the steel industry and you will see what we have to look forward to.

AMR is the largest enterprise in today’s aviation world! The average fleet size is 1/5 the size. No wonder we are under extreme pressure from all sides. If we are to have a fighting chance to survive and prosper we need the full resources we have available. The AFL-CIO is 13 million strong as one voice! You have to take notice! The politicians and AA did last Year! Amfa has 3 contracts they are negotiating but as yet has made no effort in supporting their goals! When was the last time you seen an informational picket at Horizon or any of the others? But you can guarantee delle will show-up at a Hotdog function and give lots of money!

I want you to go as a member for the first time and review the many postings over the last 180 days and see what I am talking about! Amfa members do not want you to see their track record, so they don’t enter that realm of information! Ask yourself a simple Question! If they can’t stand up to the test here of supporting an organization they seem so desperately wanting, and do not know the facts than what makes you think they will in the future? The key to Representing is Representing! Something the Amfa members are unwilling to do!

Get the Facts, review the Facts and you will see thru the smoke and mirrors of AMFA’s world! A dream world that is un-attainable at this time and in the future.

I would like you to stop, spend several days looking over the many Amfa posts and see what I am talking about, ask yourself if this is what I really want in the future?
checking it out,

I'm a 20+ year FSC, who has always believed, that we(FSC's) SHOULD NOT "IMPACT" AMT's, in ANY way.(A view I might add, that is NOT shared by the vast majority of my fellow FSC's).

In your above post, one reason you mention "is that the current administration in Washington is not conducive(SP?) to a union like AMFA.

PLEASE BE ADVISED, THAT DUMBYA's LAST day of employment, will be 1/19/05 !!!!

One thing that my fellow FSC's DO TOTALLY agree on, is that we despise the TWU.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The rest of this post is for ALL AMT's)

You AMT's have a "GOLDEN OPPERTUNITY" to #### CAN one of the most USELESS union's EVER, in American(USA) HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let it be known, BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT, that we FSC's would "cut off our limbs", to have the oppertunity, that you AMT's, have before you now.

That being the oppertunity to FINALLY let JUSTICE PREVAIL, by ridding yourself of the TWU, and bringing to justice(in a matter of speaking) against people like ED KOSIATEK, SONNY HALL, and JIM LITTLE(just to name a few).

AMT's, "DON'T BLOW IT" !!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking for myself, and the VAST MAJORITY of FSC's,

WE wish you GOOD LUCK.

Repectfully,

NH/BB's/twu(seless)

Checking it Out said:

cio, you talk about substance? What does a coward know about substance? We don't even know who you are! The "complaining" about the twu by AMFA supporters is anger and frustration at the inept, greedy, lieing INDUSTRIAL ways of the twu towards our craft! AMFA supporters point out facts and you call it complaining. Nice spin. (Did you write jim's responce to me?)
The only "servicing" being done is the twu SERVICING to the AMTs as they are bent over like a double barrel shot gun.

I understand the concept of mechanics in one Union, But at what sacrifice? Back in the 60’s this idea would have worked.

Nice of you to finally admit that all AMTs in one union is a good idea. Sorry that it took 40 + years to accomplish. Now more than any time is the time our profession needs to be united under one DEMOCRATIC ACCOUNTABLE union.

The afl-cio is 13 million strong? OK, where were these 13 million when USAir and UAL AMTs were under attack? One would expect to see 13 million people picketing.

I want you to go as a member for the first time and review the many postings over the last 180 days and see what I am talking about! Amfa members do not want you to see their track record, so they don’t enter that realm of information!

Are you a member of the twu cio? Tell us who you are so your posts have at least a speck of credibility. I have stated my name and you know I am a member of the twu, though unwillingly. So, as a member I wish all those who have not signed an AMFA card to go back 20 YEARS and look at the twu's sell out actions in protecting our profession. Then vote out Sonny Hall, Jim Little, Bobby Gless, Gary Yingst from office for failure to protect us. What's that cio? You mean we can't vote out UNELECTED APPOINTED international officers?

Lastly cio, since you mentioned "no substance" would you say that the twu's international officers lack of visibility at the Brady Theatre Jan. 17 would be considered "no substance"? :)

Thanks for your Time! Have a Great Weekend!

Checking it Out said:
As I sit down and review the ...]
As I sit down and review the many posts over the last 180 days I have noticed the vast majority of the Amfa posts have no substance!
Then you apparently missed posts by Bob, Owens, TWcU, Oldweirdharold,
Ken McTiernan, UAL_TECH, Hackman, and Informer just to name a few.

The majority does nothing but complain about the TWU! Most have never held office or care to. They have a mentality that is designed for one purpose only. That is to live in a world that breeds hate and discontent!
Breed hate and discontent? Ponder this, We are not the ones throwing screws in the parking area of the rival (TWU) parking lot, your guys are. We are not the ones leaving threatening messages on answering machines. We are not the ones loosening lug nuts on the opponent’s car. And no AMFA supporter I know has threatened to used an explosive divice on the TWU hall. Who are the hate mongers here?It won’t matter who represents them! It won’t take long before these same individuals are scrutinizing anyone who represents them! The major difference will be that the majority will be on layoff with 10 year recall rights which in effect guarantees Amfa will never be removed from the property! You need to look why they quit servicing after the fact! Reality is, that they do not want to! If you come back you might work to remove them!
Are you making excuses for the lack of card drives at the eight AMFA airlines?

OOPS, are you one of the people that believed Bill Clinton,(twice) when he said “I don’t support NAFTA� Thanks so much TWU, for giving hard earned money a political party, instead of using it more wisely. Like lobbying for aviation related legislation, instead of spending it on things like promoting gun control, or trying to influence the BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA to change the way they operate. John Sweeney swore we, AFL-CIO, would get even at the polls over NAFTA. What happened?
So you jump from the largest aviation business, to 13 million AFL-CIO members,
to AMFA having 3 contracts in negotiation, to informational pickets, and finally
Delle showing up at the Open House. What point were you trying to make? Did you intend to have substance in this writing?

I want you to go as a member for the first time and review the many postings over the last 180 days and see what I am talking about!
Ok, you want me to believe that you, CIO read ALL of the pro AMFA posts of the last 180 days? Lets see, I have a 163 posts, low compared to you and many others.
163 x 26 AMFA posters (low Est.) = 4,238. You did some serious reading. I’m impressed! You read 4,200+ posts and this is all you came up with? You are trying to blow smoke up my Khyber Pass?, as usual?
Amfa members do not want you to see their track record, so they don’t enter that realm of information!
This AMFA supporter would encourage you to look at all of the AMFA posts, Everybody go back and read all, All of the pro AMFA posts. I’ll stand by my posts. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it. So humor me CIO, Go back read all of just my posts again. ( private message me when you are done, then we can meet on this battle ground) Since you are such an excellent reader (and Grammarian) it shouldn’t take you very long. Ask yourself a simple Question! If they can’t stand up to the test here of supporting an organization they seem so desperately wanting, and do not know the facts than what makes you think they will in the future? The key to Representing is Representing! Something the Amfa members are unwilling to do!
AMFA is Unwilling to Represent its members. Shame on you CIO. You read all the pro AMFA posts and didn’t notice that the AMFA just received the bad news
About FM1? So you are telling me (us) that the TWU represents its members?!
WHEN IS/ARE THE TWU GOING TO FIGHT FOR THE MEMBERSHIP? AREN’T THERE STATION STAFFING REQUIREMENTS IN THE CURRENT CONCESSION? Why aren’t we currently in arbitration over staffingâ€
AMFA won the arbitration at PDX did they not? Yes it was a small victory, cost way more to fight for those 10 or 11 jobs than the dues collected for many years. Yet, more proof that AMFA fights for its members.
Get the Facts, review the Facts and you will see thru the smoke and mirrors of AMFA’s world!
CIO is right, get the Facts, Members at 8 Airlines cannot all be wrong!

A dream world that is un-attainable at this time and in the future. And CIO's worst nightmare!!!
I would recomend the same thing but not all of us can speed read like CIO.

--------------------
The TWU is the Best Choice in Representation! Get the Facts! Learn the Truth! (THE BEST IN REPRESENTATION??? AND THEY HAVE YET TO PUT UP A FIGHT!?!) I'M SORRY CIO, I HAVEN'T SEEN REPRESENTATION, I'VE SEEN CAPITULATION!!! AMFA ALL THE WAY!!!!!! :up:

It appears the results of the "phone poll" have left the TWU advocates licking their wounds.

Re-organize, and get ready for the next round of lies, intmidation, fear, and threats.

Informer, I believe you are fishing! Anyway the news was favorable!

I would like you to stop, spend several days looking over the many Amfa posts and see what I am talking about, ask yourself "Is amfa what I really want in the future?" Outsource unlimited!!!

Checking it Out said:
Informer, I believe you are fishing! Anyway the news was favorable!

I would like you to stop, spend several days looking over the many Amfa posts and see what I am talking about, ask yourself "Is amfa what I really want in the future?" Outsource unlimited!!!
Oh now, just like your continued unsubstantiated rising numbers of jobs of saved, what is today 15,000?

AMFA now has "UNLIMITED OUTSOURCING"?

It wasn't very long ago you were posting AMFA had negotiated a 38% Outsource Limit. And today you claim it has now somehow grown to "unlimited". One thing I know that I do NOT want in a Union Representative, and that is a liar and someone who's stories evolve into whatever is needed to presuade support, regardless of the factual truth.

To date, even going back further than 180 days of postings, you have never provided an outsource percentage at AA that can be either verifed through audit or union challenge. You provide company alleged outsource percentages but even your own R.O. Committee is now in a battle with AA management over calculation formulas. Your idea of keeping work in-house always reads "We are working with the company to bring work in-house". That statement alone indicates you have NO LANGUAGE to guarantee the work is done in-house or you would demanding contractual compliance instead of "working with the company".

Claim what you want about the NWA 38% Limit. But the formula, the verification procedure, the enforcement, and the penalty is 100% better than what the TWU at AA has negotiated.

I am personally getting sick and tired of your unsubstantiated, unverified claims about both your perceived TWU successes and AMFA's so-called failures.

The day will soon come that your statements will face the scrutiny of your membership and your lies will forever be exposed. You keep pumping out the lies, I will keep collecting them, and then soon enough, you and your gang of deceivers will pay the ultimate price for what you have done.

Please explain, NWA has 52% or (4800 per news article) of jobs lost! The numbers are increasing 100 per month now! The 38% cap? Please post the number of loopholes you can fly a 747 into!

The TWU at AA is one of the few Unions which has full overhaul capabilities! With your full support thru the many posts you believe our contract has unlimited outsourcing! Well I hate to tell you this, numbers speak for themselves! We the TWU have been working aggressively at reducing the numbers and it shows! Thru a reduction over the last 12 months. If you come to the meetings you will hear the reports!

Give up your pipe dream; your promise you made to an individual and quit being a puppet for delles pleasures and you will see the real truth!

Amfa is a pyramid scheme to funnel Money to third party vendors like MAG with no accountability!

As I sit down and review the many posts over the last 180 days I have noticed the vast majority of the Amfa posts have no substance! The majority does nothing but complain about the TWU! Most have never held office or care to.

But many of us have held office. We know what the TWU is all about. We have tried "change from within" but if you try that you are accused of not being a teaam player. As a matter of fact several of those who post under aliases in favor of AMFA are currently TWU officers. They are just waiting for the election then you will find out who they are.
By the way, What is the deal with you CIO? Are you paid to sit here and monitor the web?

No substance? Do you mean like the graph that shows how our pay has performed against Inflation?

Do you mean like the fact that the company pays the union millions of dollars a year that the do not contractually have to? Why would a company agree to such payments?

Do you mean the fact that on the line we have no paid holidays off, we only get an extra four hours pay on five holidays?

Do you mean the fact that our concessions were industry leading, to the point that Frank Lorenzo would have been embarrased to ask for that much?

They have a mentality that is designed for one purpose only. That is to live in a world that breeds hate and discontent! It won’t matter who represents them! It won’t take long before these same individuals are scrutinizing anyone who represents them!

There is no doubt that the betrayal, the corruption and the incompetance of the TWU has led to much anger within the membership, but hatred usually is formed around fear, which is what the TWU has been peddling for years. Fear, that you might lose your job if you stand up for better wages. Fear, that the recession would last forever. Fear, that to expect a fair paycheck is to invite disaster for your family. Fear that if we do not agree to work for less that the company will farm out all our work and there is nothing we can do about it. This union uses the same tactics that companies use to supress their workers FEAR.

Unions were founded to do the opposite. To eradicate fear with the knowledge that as a union we can stand together and make sure that we get what we deserve. How do we fight outsourcing? Does our union belive that if the TWU went on strike that the company could produce 30,000 people who are familiar with our work practices, cleared security, have a 10 year criminal free backgroud and are ready to work on our aircraft? That work is ours, if you farm it out we will pull out everyone. Line, overhaul, fleet, everyone. But the TWU would never even threaten such a move. They would risk losing their $1.7 million kickback. Our union preaches that we are powerless, they contradict their own rhetoric. They claim to be fighting while they are surrendering. How can you say you are fighting when you are giving the company everything they ask for? The answer is the fight is somewhere else. This union is not fighting the company, its fighting the members!!

The major difference will be that the majority will be on layoff with 10 year recall rights which in effect guarantees Amfa will never be removed from the property! You need to look why they quit servicing after the fact! Reality is, that they do not want to! If you come back you might work to remove them!

What are you talking about? When is the last time Sonny Hall showed up among your members? Or Little? The fact is that with AMFA the members can remove any officer. With the AMFA change from within is just one membership vote or petition away. With the TWU the members have no say in who runs the union or what direction they take it in.

I understand the concept of mechanics in one Union, But at what sacrifice?

What would be the sacrifice of joining together with other mechanics in one focused union? Obviously Stores and fleet do not benifit from their allignment with us any more. Even during the 2001 contract cycle stores and fleet were in seperate negotiations. Their talks centered around comparasions with what workers within similar classifications at other airlines were making, not what mechanics were making. As a result of AMFAs gains at NWA mechanics walked away with much bigger raises than the majority of other TWU workgroups. Well if the going rate of a mechanic at NWA or UAL has more of an influence on my contract than the contracts that my fellow TWU members get doesnt it make sense that I'm in the wrong union? Shouldnt we be working together with those who have the greatest impact upon our bargaining position?

Back in the 60’s this idea would have worked.

Do you mean like back in the 60s when all the IAM unions went on strike while the TWU continued to work?

In today’s environment with the people who hold office in Washington and the direction of sending more jobs outside the country under the concept of bettering everyone else’s life in turn will enhance ours concept, we are under extreme pressure to change how we operate. All you have to do is look at the consolidations of the Unions and see the concept will not work! Everything you see or hear has the same theme! We need support and resources to fight the growing changes. Just look at the steel industry and you will see what we have to look forward to.

So your answer is to agree to the continual degradation of our standard of living? That we should not fight? Easy for you when you live in one of the cheapest areas of the country to live. Dont you realize what you are doing with your arrogant "I got mine" TWU attitude? The enormous difference between the living conditions of those on the line and those in overhaul have made this union so weak that its ripe to be busted. The only places that the TWU has any following is in Tulsa and MCI.

Ponder this.

Lets say the AMFA vote fails.

For most of us on the line we will consider this to be the end of any chance of having a decent career in this industry. There is ZERO support for the TWU out here on the line.

And we will blame overhaul.

I know, you dont care because you are the majority.

There is no doubt that the fact that Tulsa blocked regional pay, and led the way with concessions that had a bigger impact on the line than overhaul has already caused resentment. Randy McDonald attempt to even revoke the Line premium in order to get his guys more holidays off did not sit too well either.

Despite this resentment and fustration which most of the line guys attribute to the TWU leaderships brainwashing we do not want to lose overhaul and as long as we were under an organization that ensured that all of us who are working here are living a good comfortable living, we would be willing to strike to keep the work.

The AGW is moving fast among fleet service.

Other TWU members are getting a lower wage today than they were getting prior to the 2001 contact, in addition to all the other massive conncessions. So the AGW which is likely to file at USAIR soon will likely sweep though the TWU once they have some money coming in.

Fleet service is a predominantly low seniority, low pay job. There is a high turnover rate and most of the workers there work either days or afternoons. The majority of Fleet have zero interest in union affairs and most would not even know who Sonny Hall or Jim Little is. Many dont even know what TWU stands for.

Once they leave the TWU will basically only represent M&R and dispatch.

Dispatch is only a small group and they are not about to walk off the job for any other title group.

Now the company is sitting back, and what do they see? They have about 4000 very unhappy line mechanics that have no allegience to the sell out TWU. As a result of the fact that overhaul prevented AMFA from coming in they resent overhaul.

Normally, a discontented workforce is more prone to move closer to the union, however since in this case the line mechanics see the union as the source of their difficulties they move futher away from it.

And they have around 8000 overhaul mechanics who live very well in very low cost areas of the country. The majority of which are obviously happy if they supported the TWU.

They are having trouble out on the line because morale has impacted performance. Unhappy mechanics = poor performance.

The line is where the customers are that provide the cash that keeps the company in business.

Unhappy mechanics plus poor performance = unhappy customer. Unhappy customer = no customer. No cutsomer = no airline.

They are paying their mechanics less than most of the other carriers at the same airports.

The TWU would not allow the company to address only the line stations concerns, even though that is where the problem is.

However the 4000 line mechanics that keep the airline operating 24 x 365 have no allegience to the TWU.

So the company makes the line guys an offer. Similar in concept to what the TWU promoted in 1983.

We will make you the top paid in the Industry.

But
we want No union. We will cease to recognize the TWU, we will slash overhaul to "competative overhaul rates" and if the TWU calls for a strike you ignore it.

What do you feel the line guys should do?

Should they say, no? Should they agree to continue suffer to safeguard "the majority" in Tulsa who have said time and time again that they could care less about the line guys?

We feel that with the TWU we have no future. We do not feel that being in the TWU provides us much of an advantage.

The savings for the company would be enormous. Slashing the wages of 8000 people in addition an increase in productivity at the line where they need it and no more union. Instead of having just "Flex starting rates" the company could pay all mechanics what ever was neccissary at each location.

Sure you got the numbers but in this case would 8000 striking TWU members in Tulsa, if even they would be willing to follow the TWU, stop AA operations? Couldnt the airline continue to run for a considerable time with just their line mechanics? Like other airlines do? In this case does your majority status make a difference?

This is what your TWU has wrought. It is unreasonable for you to expect us to suffer while you guys live in comfort off the revenue that is generated by the service that requires us to not only be here but to work odds shifts weekends and holidays. While you promote undercutting the wage because you continue to have enough cushion.

With AMFA we are seeking to get a union that will concentrate on improving the profession for all of us. Whether its a mechanic in NY or Tulsa. So we all can have a rewarding career. We seek to have a union that will unite all of us. Not divide us so they can pick off our work peice by peice and give it to lower paid workers.

AMR is the largest enterprise in today’s aviation world! The average fleet size is 1/5 the size. No wonder we are under extreme pressure from all sides. If we are to have a fighting chance to survive and prosper we need the full resources we have available.

Are you kidding me? Size means power and advantage. Thats like saying you have to protect the big schoolyard bully from the wimp.

The AFL-CIO is 13 million strong as one voice! You have to take notice! The politicians and AA did last Year!

Oh really? And does it show in our paycheck?Jim Little has repeatedly cited the AFL-CIOs lack of action when needed. So is size an advantage or disadvantage? In one beath you are saying that since the company is so big, that they are at a disadvantage then citing the AFL-CIOs large size as an advantage. In theory the AFL-CIO can be a big plus, but what did AFL-CIO affiliation do for PATCO, the EAL strikers, or for that matter us?

Amfa has 3 contracts they are negotiating but as yet has made no effort in supporting their goals! When was the last time you seen an informational picket at Horizon or any of the others? But you can guarantee delle will show-up at a Hotdog function and give lots of money!

The last informational picket that the TWU set up was one supporting the company's request for government funding as they were trying to slash our wages. Gee, thats how the TWU fights for their members?

By the way, when is the last time Sonny showed up for anything?

What do you want from your union? Someone who claims to represent you while collecting a paycheck from the company and telling you that you must agree to whatever the company says or someone who will not only represent you but lead you to fight for a better standard of living? The TWU has led us down for twenty years. Its time to try something else.

If you want the facts you can start with the AA mechanics pay vs CPI thread.

Yes and look at the graph of AA mechanics pay vs CPI and see where we were, where we are, and where we are going with the TWU.

Checking it Out said:
The TWU at AA is one of the few Unions which has full overhaul capabilities! With your full support thru the many posts you believe our contract has unlimited outsourcing! Well I hate to tell you this, numbers speak for themselves! We the TWU have been working aggressively at reducing the numbers and it shows! Thru a reduction over the last 12 months. If you come to the meetings you will hear the reports!
Why can't you just post the report right here and now?

Why isn't the report circulated by the "Local Newsletter"?

All we are asking for is a verifiable audited AA/TWU outsource percentage. Is that impossible for you to provide, and so you answer with this rhetoric?

Simple question: What is the current percentage, and where can we go to verify that the TWU is doing so much better than AMFA in the outsource restriction arena? I want documented facts, not more lies from the TWU Union Hall on Pine Street.

BTW, I think our TWU contract has a 49.9% outsource limit not unlimited as you claim.

CIO, possibly you can explain to me something i am not getting? All of the TWU represenatives say if AMFA gets elected many jobs will be lost. Since the only thing that will change will be who enforces the contract if AMFA got elected, and our contract comes amendable in 2009 or as some like to say 2008 (december) how can they eliminate our jobs immediately with our contract language still in place? Possibly im missing something. P.S. im just concerned with AA mechanics loosing jobs and how will that occur.

The TWU at AA is one of the few Unions which has full overhaul capabilities!

Arent there only a few unions anyway?
Who represents mechanics out there, AMFA, The IAM, the Teamsters and the TWU.

Who now reprsents more mechanics than any other union? AMFA.

Now would it not make sense, if we want our class and craft to become stronger for all of us to go to AMFA? AMFA provides us the only avenue to combine into one union, to have solidarity with all aircraft mechanics. If we stay with the TWU then we are agreeing to stay divided since all the AFL-CIO unions abide by a No Raid clause.

With your full support thru the many posts you believe our contract has unlimited outsourcing! Well I hate to tell you this, numbers speak for themselves! We the TWU have been working aggressively at reducing the numbers and it shows! Thru a reduction over the last 12 months. If you come to the meetings you will hear the reports!

But as you say "At what price"? The price of the lowest wage and the worst benifits package in the industry! Why did Tulsa reject the Scope clause as presented by Local 562 instead of having to give everything way to keep the work? Isnt this pretty much like not having a contract at all?If the only way we can keep work is to lower our compensation and give away benifits arent we pretty much in the same boat as an "At will" worker?