Southeast Air?

funguy2

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Check out their website: Southeast

I think they have been around flying Charters on DC-9s and MD-80s for a while. Sounds like they have some ex-Legend DC-9's for SWF-RDU. And yes, they did acquire the "Sun King" logo from somewhere. They are based at PIE. There was an Airways or Airliners article on them no too long ago...

I was on Long Island earlier this week and heard ads for a Southeast Airlines...Are they flying out of Islip or what? Does anybody know anything about Southeast or had experience with them? Did they buy the old National logo from the bankruptcy trustee??

Thanks funguy...I wonder when they acquired the sungod logo as I believe National went out in 1980...Have they been around that long? I know its quite possible to acquire stuff from a defunct carrier even after it has gone out of business..Actually I guess the National name was acquired too now that I think about it.

Pan Am bought National in the mid 80's time frame I believe.
Too bad, because the old National was a great airline that did not deserve the ending it got as a result of the Pan Am aquisition. [:(]

----------------
On 8/29/2002 6:36:01 PM

Pan Am bought National in the mid 80's time frame I believe.
[:(]
----------------

No, the preceeding post was correct--NA merged into PA in 1980.
The Southeast article appeared in the June '02 "Airways", FYI.
Southeast acquired the rights to the "Sun King" logo in the late '90s, and applied it to their aircraft at that time, concurrent with their name change from SunJet to Southeast.

They have been flying 2/weekly charters out of RDU to CUN and another carribean city for a while now.

Have never flown on them, but my neighbor flew them 6 months ago and she said it was like flying "critter" all over again. Older, noisier aircraft, but clean.

Ps. She used to be a flight attendant for Valujet and after that JI (2nd and 3rd).