Southwest is for EVERYONE!

coolflyingfool

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I flew from LAS to SAN on flight 2608 JAN22 and I couldn''t believe my eyes when I saw 5 celebs on the flight with me. There was Bill Walton(damn he is really tall), Tom Jackson(ESPN NFL sidekick to the SWAM), Joe Theismann(who wasn''t limping, couldn''t resist the leg thing, OUCH), Wolfgang Puck(man I
love his food), and Ed TOO TALL Jones(who is only 2 inches shorter than Bill Walton and still looked like he is in playing shape). Also, the inbound portion came in late(about 35 minutes) from SMF due to fog there and about 110 people got off and then about 80 of us got on and we were gone to the SUPERBOWL! The plane was at the gate for a total of only about 16 or 17 minutes. We got in to SAN only about 15 minutes late. I am always impressed to see how fast SWA can turn a jet.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/24/2003 8:18:30 AM CLTBWIDAYSYR wrote:

Glad they weren't overweight. They would have to had to buy two seats.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Still would have been less expensive that walk up on another airline.

What will we see next -- the same celebrities caught shopping at Wal Mart? Will this be the forum where a new demographic classification -- millionaire trailer trash --was first discovered?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/25/2003 10:20:59 AM Tango-Bravo wrote:

What will we see next -- the same celebrities caught shopping at Wal Mart? Will this be the forum where a new demographic classification -- millionaire trailer trash --was first discovered?
----------------
[/blockquote]
Would that list include Tipper Gore? I saw her get off one of our flights in BWI back when Al was still VP.

Still trying to sell that "trailer trash" rubbish, huh? I guess it's better than bankruptcy proceedings, eh chum? Southwest should be saluted for doing what they do, and doing it well. Take your sour grapes elsewhere.

SWA should be proud of their 30th consecutive year of profitability...congratulations! If only I could have only been so lucky to work for a first class airline. Remember, "trailer trash" money is as green as anyone elses.

We have always carried celebrities. Just yesterday going from BNA-SAN, we carried Jon Grubens (Head Coach of the Buccaneers) parents and family to the SuperBowl. It seems Delta cancelled their flight to SAN. Delta promised to get them to SAN by Monday morning!!! Kinda late to see their Son lead the Bucs to the Championship. Not only did we get them to SAN, we got them there 45 minutes early!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/26/2003 9:33:35 AM Farley wrote:

Still trying to sell that "trailer trash" rubbish, huh? I guess it's better than bankruptcy proceedings, eh chum? Southwest should be saluted for doing what they do, and doing it well. Take your sour grapes elsewhere.
----------------
[/blockquote]

You seem to be missing the meaning of my post by 180 degrees. My point, as denoted by the , was a tongue in cheek reply aimed especially at those who grasp at straws in their futile efforts to discredit Southwest through spurious stereotypes like the ones I allude to. It was use of the absurd to expose the absurd.

Feel free to check out any of my posts where Southwest is mentioned and you will find that no one esteems LUV more highly than yours truly.