Southwest Is The Terrel Owens Of Airlines

WNjetdoc said:
Hey BB, speaking of Dallas, did I not see you downtown by the Dallas Grand Hotel, microphone in hand, spewing out stuff about not trusting the government and the like? :D

I like what you had to say, you are our leader....yes....yes.....
[post="285785"][/post]​

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin

You will be known from now until the end of time as, "BB the great one". We need more quotes.

Whenever you're in Balt. with your microphone on a corner let us know when and where.

WNjetdoc said:
You will be known from now until the end of time as, "BB the great one". We need more quotes.

Whenever you're in Balt. with your microphone on a corner let us know when and where.
[post="285974"][/post]​

It will be soon. Don't forget the homeless guys milk crate; I pay him a buck and use it as he holds my notes. Get on my megaphone and you would hear stuff like this:

Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
Benjamin Franklin quotes

jetmechjer said:
:( When I think about it southwest reminds me of Terrel Owens of the Philadelphia Eagles. He signed a contract last year for 7 years. Well this year he thinks he deserves more money, yes just one year later. He says he will show up for practice but he wont be happy.

Southwest sounds just like that!!! Many years ago they were offered free gates to move to DFW. They declined and agreed to stay at Love field with all its retrictions. Those restrictions have been relaxed once already. But now Southwest says the AGREEMENT they signed does not work for them anymore and they want out of it!!!

Dallas and Fort Worth went through a lot to become one. They built DFW airport with the agreement that neither city would siphone off business or money from eachother. Now southwest wants to ruin all this effort as they believe the world revolves around them!! Every Tarrant County and Fort Worth resident should be outraged just as I am!!!!!!!!!! And should boycot southwest!!

HEY SOUTHWEST WHEN IS AN AGREEMENT AND AGREEMENT???????? COME ON OVER TO DFW AND PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS!!!!!!!!!

You southwest employees should expect this same treatment with all the agreements you have with them. Tough times are ahead after the fule hedges run out so don't expect them to keep any agreements with you!!!
[post="284835"][/post]​

Certainly one of the more illogical statements on the board.

1) SW never signed the agreement, it was just a law that was passed 10 years AFTER SW started flying out of DAL. Using your nutty Terrell Owens example, it would be analogous to the NFL unilaterally declaring that if Terrell Owens wanted to play football with the Eagles he would have to play with shoes that are 2 sizes too tight. However, if he acquiesced you would declare that Terrell Owens agreed to it. He might not have agreed, but he had no other choice.

2) Times change. Many municipalities have 2 airports. So its NUTS to rip up one airport after years of successful service. (Chicago, New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington). Perhaps Dallas should join the "big boys" and encourage a little airport competition.

3) SW has made a profit EVERY year since 1971 (or is it 1981). So its not the fuel hedges, but the smart management that has helped SW. The fuel hedges might go away, but the smart management is still there.

AirplaneFan said:
SW has made a profit EVERY year since 1971 (or is it 1981).  So its not the fuel hedges, but the smart management that has helped SW.  The fuel hedges might go away, but the smart management is still there.
[post="286251"][/post]​

The correct first profitable year is 1973, and WN has been in the black ever since, exactly as you say, by SMART MANAGEMENT. Fuel hedges are only a part of the story, and it seems to me that most of the nay-sayers with all of their "doom and gloom/be careful what you wish for" rhetoric are just chomping at the bit waiting for SWA to keel over; to those folks I say "have a nice wait!!!" :D

Latest posts