Ata To Suspend Den Service

Since we're all being humble, I'll stick my neck out at the risk of being wrong...

As I understand it, all but the early NG737's are capable of ETOPS certification so if WN wanted to fly to HI they have the airplanes with more coming.

Jim

Actually, Jim, the original 737NG's were used on the proving runs for Aloha's service between the mainland and Hawaii. We discussed, ad nauseum, the "rumor" of Southwest starting service to HNL, after one of our "Desert Gold" birds landed there in '97.

I would like to say that I prefer this communication model, however.
:rolleyes:

no prob. me too. That's why I try to keep it zipped unless I can be sure of what I'm talking about. That 738 from SFO-HNL is kind of new. Not sure how I managed 2 separate names either.

I don't keep mine zipped that often but do note when I am speculating :D Thanks to both of you for the accurate information. As far as configuration...that is a minor issue that WN can overcome. As far as three carriers on the PHX route...there used to be 3 carriers (TZ, AQ, and HA). Who knows what will happen but if it were to switch from TZ to WN (using imagination...not facts), I don't think WN would have much of an issue competeing against the other two. Also...HP has done HNL in the past and that sent them to the depths from which they nearly didn't recover. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and will suplement some of the FF pax with some actual revenue pax this time :p

No matter what happens, I think WN is poised to take some major action. They have growing pains and seem to be diverting alot of attention with the DAL/SEA issues. That has allowed them to make alot of moves that despite getting press...haven't garnered as much attention as they would have w/o the distractions.

Ok Hp, other than attempting to satisfy your insatiable appetite to troll how does your comment add to this topic?

I am not trolling, just asking a serious question. do you think that there is room in PHX for a HA 767 4X US 757s and 2X TZ 757's?

That is a lot of lift to the islands from Phoenix, there has never been that many seats in the market. At the most, HA had one 767 a day, AQ had 1 daily 737 with one stop, and TZ had 1 757 a day. That was 3 flights a day (more like 2.5 with AQ), in March, there will be 7 flights a day out of PHX.

Also, you won't see HP flying 19 year old 747-200's to Honolulu, I doubt that the 757 is going to suck as much fuel!