Standby fee lowered to $25.00

FYI, today the standby fee we charge was lowered to 25.00 from 100.00. We seem to have mirrored Delta.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/10/2003 1:29:52 PM Res wrote:
[P]I agree this is more reasonable for the business traveller, looking to get home early. Think this is a good move. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]I concur. I wouldn't hesitate to spend $25.00 to get home a little earlier.[BR][BR]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/10/2003 1:32:53 PM ITRADE wrote:
[P][BR][BR]I concur. I wouldn't hesitate to spend $25.00 to get home a little earlier.[BR][BR]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]I would. My later seat is one that can then be sold for a heckuva lot more than 25 bucks, and it costs no more to hault me now rather than later.[BR][BR]I'll suck down 25 bucks in Diet Coke in the club instead. While I wait.[/P]

The change in pricing was paying off today. On 3 flights I worked this afternoon we had a total of 14 people who paid the standby fee. Most of these people were off the cruise ship and if it had been $100 would probably not have paid to standby. Instead, we made $350 extra today on these 3 flights.[BR][BR]Now, about that FF on a Z ticket today who wanted to [STRONG]pay[/STRONG] to upgrade to the West Coast......

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/11/2003 5:31:02 PM tadjr wrote:

Now, about that FF on a Z ticket today who wanted to [STRONG]pay[/STRONG] to upgrade to the West Coast......
----------------
[/blockquote]

[b]No can do[/b].....but would be nice to be able to deduct 10k miles ea way or charge 300 and allow it on a standby basis(equiv to $300 ea way at 3cents a mile)..as they could have paid 40k for roundtrip F,actually,(D) class.

I wouldn't pay $25 to take the previous flight to the same airport, but I would happily pay $25 take a flight to LGA when I'm ticketed to EWR!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/11/2003 5:31:02 PM tadjr wrote:
[P]The change in pricing was paying off today. On 3 flights I worked this afternoon we had a total of 14 people who paid the standby fee. Most of these people were off the cruise ship and if it had been $100 would probably not have paid to standby. Instead, we made $350 extra today on these 3 flights.[BR][BR]Now, about that FF on a Z ticket today who wanted to [STRONG]pay[/STRONG] to upgrade to the West Coast...... [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Agreed. I think US saw the light on this one and realized that few were willing to pony up to 50% of the ticket price to standby. $25 is much more realistic.[BR][BR]And from a cost standpoint, there is some expense involved in rebooking, isn't there? The CRS has the be updated, new tickets issued, etc.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/9/2003 7:37:55 PM CSSUP wrote:

FYI, today the standby fee we charge was lowered to 25.00 from 100.00. We seem to have mirrored Delta.
----------------
[/blockquote]

The only part that seems to be mirrored from DL is the $25. That's certainly better than $100 -- now it only seems frivilous instead of outrageous.