Star Alliance Livery

700UW said:
I saw CRJ-700 A/C 708PS today in Charlotte, it is the first plane in the star alliance livery, looks nice.

The 767s are in dire need of repainting, and the first A330 will be brought into Charlotte Base Maintenance in November 2004 for its first five year S-Check. The company is bringing it in early to ensure all the A330s will be available for the busy season starting in February.

The widebodies are usually scheduled in the slow months of October thru Feburary for heavy maintenance visits.

Jim, according to the FAA database the A330s are owned not leased.
[post="174679"][/post]​

I liked the old N708PS a lot better. It was a DC-9 Series 30 operated by the Real PSA aka "The Smile of San Jose del Cabo". Eventually re-registered as N914VJ to USAir.

Wonder if the "new" N708PS will make it to 70,000 hours like its namesake?

Unlikely at this airline. Maybe whoever picks up the lease after liquidation will keep it flying that long....

Jim

ps - I'm not sure it's built like a DC-9, however. And coming from a "if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going" guy, that says a lot.

BoeingBoy said:
Dea,

I'm not sure I'd call it a magnaminous gesture on my part. Some of these planes are getting so bad that I'm embarrassed to fly them.

Jim
[post="174695"][/post]​

Jim-

Sometimes I think this whole place is an embarrassment.

Mtn

P.S. Sorry about the double post. It's TOO FREEKIN late.

Mtnman928 said:
Jim-

Sometimes I think this whole place is an embarrassment.

Mtn

P.S. Sorry about the double post. It's TOO FREEKIN late.
[post="175060"][/post]​
Too Freekin late?? I suppose your talking about U's chances at getting agreements!!!! LOL :up:

It appears the Star Alliance Livery repaint is now underway as A-319 N700UW ferried PIT-ROW (Roswell, New Mexico) on Tues 9-7 and 757 N623AU ferried CLT-ARA (New Iberia, La. also on 9-7 for painting. I would be curious as to what kind of shape 623 is in Paint wise as I know many of the 757's look bad and the most recent photo I could find was in April 2004 and the paint on 623 looked fresh then ?

LGA777

ARA, lets just hope they dont mess up the 757s like they did the 737s.

A/C 701 will be painted in Star Livery when 700 comes back.