Starting Date Pushed Back Again For Maa?

WSurf said:
Borded to Death,

Don't even waste ur time with his Comments (A320 Driver)!!! WO's have always been treated like step kids.. Its the typical mainline attitude!! I have learned to live it!! Half of there pilots don't even know that Group has 3 Wo's...
The only "attitude" we have is one generated by watching hundreds of our aircraft parked over the last decade and 1879 of our pilots on furlough. The bleeding has got to stop somewhere or there will be virtually no mainline left. I couldn't care less how many W/Os fly jets, but not at the expense of our jobs on mainline. Were you in our position, you would feel exactly the same way.

We have NOTHING against any of our fellow employees at the W/Os. We are FURIOUS however at the transfer of flying since 1990 that has caused our numbers to dwindle and our seniority to stagnate. Why is this so hard for you or anyone to understand? We stopped kidding ourselves long ago. We don't expect to grow, but we do expect to stop shrinking by whatever means required.

IMHO the biggest travesty here is our relationship with the contract carriers. All of that flying should have been done in-house. Unfortunantly, we have about as much sayso in all this as tossing a penny in a well. We are all at the mercy of those that have NO vested interest in our future.

A320 Driver :(

Well for your info Driver, We at Piedmont have lost more A/C percentage wise then you guys are mainline. So you are crying to the wrong person!! We have gone from 61 to by the end of the year 38 or so a/c. Mesa and other (Contract Carriers) has taken our flying (Meaning US Group). You guys are offered jets for jobs, we are offered the chance to go look for employeement elsewhere. The more we work together the more jobs we can save at the WO's and Mainline. Remember there's no 'I' in the word Team!!! And I think you guys seem to always forget the WO's are part of this team.
Good Luck to All, we are gonna need it...

A320 Driver said:
WSurf said:
Borded to Death,

Don't even waste ur time with his Comments (A320 Driver)!!! WO's have always been treated like step kids.. Its the typical mainline attitude!! I have learned to live it!! Half of there pilots don't even know that Group has 3 Wo's...
The only "attitude" we have is one generated by watching hundreds of our aircraft parked over the last decade and 1879 of our pilots on furlough. The bleeding has got to stop somewhere or there will be virtually no mainline left. I couldn't care less how many W/Os fly jets, but not at the expense of our jobs on mainline. Were you in our position, you would feel exactly the same way.

We have NOTHING against any of our fellow employees at the W/Os. We are FURIOUS however at the transfer of flying since 1990 that has caused our numbers to dwindle and our seniority to stagnate. Why is this so hard for you or anyone to understand? We stopped kidding ourselves long ago. We don't expect to grow, but we do expect to stop shrinking by whatever means required.

IMHO the biggest travesty here is our relationship with the contract carriers. All of that flying should have been done in-house. Unfortunantly, we have about as much sayso in all this as tossing a penny in a well. We are all at the mercy of those that have NO vested interest in our future.

A320 Driver :(
Beating this dead horse is really getting old but.....

Perhaps we would not have this problem today had it not been for the mainline attitude we all remember from a decade ago. As the competition replaced their turboprops with RJ's, the WO's heard from the mighty mainline pilots, "Any jets on the property must be flown by US Air pilots." I have heard a small percentage at mainline claim that they were all for helping the WO's, but have never seen any result of this claim!

It's hard to feel compassion for people that narrow minded and self centered. Remember some have a longer fall to the bottom than others. The WO pilots who were refused the chance to remain viable with RJ's never had a chance, thanks to mainline. However, the fall is not as far!

Excuse me if I sound just a little bitter. I just find it a little hard to care if you fall back into reality or not!

"IMHO the biggest travesty here is our relationship with the contract carriers. All of that flying should have been done in-house. Unfortunantly, we have about as much sayso in all this as tossing a penny in a well. We are all at the mercy of those that have NO vested interest in our future"

BTW, it was mainline ALPA who agreed to allow this outsourcing, thinking it would not affect mainline!

What goes around, comes around!

The MDA EMB-170 has received a provisional type certificate, which means the aircraft meets international safety standards and allows the delivery of the aircraft to airlines for the beginning of crew training and route testing flights.

See Story

Regards,

Chip

I saw a USAIRNEWS Today that the EMB is delayed again at getting the certificate it
needs to fly. I would guess that there is a major safety issue that is not yet met?
Now it is not until 2004 first quarter that MAA would fly. At least that is the way I understand it. May be someone can help me out or elaborate more on this?

robbedagain said:
I saw a USAIRNEWS Today that the EMB is delayed again at getting the certificate it
needs to fly. I would guess that there is a major safety issue that is not yet met?
Now it is not until 2004 first quarter that MAA would fly. At least that is the way I understand it. May be someone can help me out or elaborate more on this?
Yes, you are understanding that correctly. However, it is NOT US Airways nor "MidAtlantic" that is causing the certification problem. It is something coming from Embraer.
It is my understanding that the first rev flight is now set for March 7th. Of course we all know that could change in either direction.
The flight attendants will start traing either Feb. 2nd. or Feb. 23rd. I think it wil be the 23rd, but don't hold me to it.
I know....but what can we do. We waited this long. :(

Embraer Delay Reported

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - Embraer has announced that full certification of the Embraer 170 aircraft, which had been scheduled at the end of this month, has been delayed until the first quarter of 2004. US Airways is the U.S. launch customer for the aircraft, which will be flown by the MidAtlantic Airways division. Embraer said, however, that it has received a provisional type certification from the Brazilian airworthiness authority, Centro Tecnico Aeroespacial (CTA). The manufacturer said issuance of a similar provisional certificate by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is expected soon. The provisional type certificate means that the aircraft meets international safety standards and allows the delivery of the Embraer 170 to airlines for the beginning of crew training and route testing flights. US Airways said it is working with Embraer to evaluate the impact the delay of the full certification and that the parties are in discussions aimed at defining initial deliveries of the Embraer 170. Additional details will be provided as they become available.

broadfoot said:
It's unfortunate, but that is the information I have been provided with as well. It is my understanding that US Airways will not be taking delivery of the EMB aircraft because they will not be completed as scheduled. I was under the impression that offers for employment were due to be mailed on the 10th of Nov with training to begin on Dec. 8th. With this new information, I can only assume that there were no letters sent and training will be rescheduled (again) for sometime next year, but don't hold your breath.
All,

MAA, will fly. First aircraft due to be delivered in December as planned and proving runs shortly there after. Due to a delay in certification based on software integration issues, revenue service will most likely be delayed. The first two checkairman classes will be finished with sim training before Christmas, and the first class of line pilots will start in the sim shortly after the holiday season.

Best regards to all

:up:

tadjr said:
Did we ever find out for sure if it's still going to be 2 cabins or just 1 now?
The cabin config. is 1 class with 72 seats. There will of course be 2 flight attendants. When/IF the EMB 175 comes on board there will be 2 classes.

Once again regarding MDA....

I was interested to know if someone could share some insight on a few questions that I have.

1) What is the estimated total number of aircraft to be operated by MDA?

2) What is the total number of in-flight crews per aircraft needed to sustain operations?

- Breaking that down, how many pilots and flight attendants will be employed by MDA?

3) What will be the total number of employees?

4) Upon delivery, what is the estimated number of aircraft MDA will begin revenue service with?

I appreciate any answers that could be conveyed. As always, good luck to all.