Starting Training 7/30 DC Base

comeflywithme

Mar 18, 2006
Hi! I've posted on here a couple of times before. I didn't know then my training date. I start training July 30 and our class will be DC based. I was just looking for some advice...anything...any ideas.

I'm currently a FA with USAir and went through training about 3 years ago, so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect, but every training program is different.

I know some of you might want to respond "What are you thinking coming to UAL??!!" but I've made up my mind. All my family is back east and this is an opportunity for me to get out of AZ and back home.

Well, I'm open to any suggestions on anything!!

~comeflywithme

Hi! I've posted on here a couple of times before. I didn't know then my training date. I start training July 30 and our class will be DC based. I was just looking for some advice...anything...any ideas.

I'm currently a FA with USAir and went through training about 3 years ago, so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect, but every training program is different.

I know some of you might want to respond "What are you thinking coming to UAL??!!" but I've made up my mind. All my family is back east and this is an opportunity for me to get out of AZ and back home.

Well, I'm open to any suggestions on anything!!

~comeflywithme

CFWM,

Congratulations and welcome to UAL. I have several friends that are based in DC as F/A's. The drawback is having to crew BWI/DCA and IAD. Although the majority of the flying is out of IAD I just flew with an F/A that said she had to do 4 straight days of airport standby at BWI. She lived in Sterling, VA. A PIA to drive that distance everyday.

The best part of being in DC will be the flying. IAD has departures to Asia, Europe, South America and good transcons.

Best of luck, enjoy training and remember the airline business is fun if you let it be. Tilton and his guys are just the bandits that run this joint. Every carrier has the black hats and our group is no different. Don't let them take away from what the airlines have to offer.

Take care,
magsau

Latest posts