Station Closure?

Expectorant

May 4, 2004
Someone told me they read where US Airways is dropping service to Las Vegas. Does anybody know if this is true or not? If it is true, do you know when the last day of service there would be?

Someone told me they read where US Airways is dropping service to Las Vegas. Does anybody know if this is true or not? If it is true, do you know when the last day of service there would be?
Yah, they are pulling out completely. Last day of service is 9/20/08. So sad.

I also heard something about Ithaca Service ending. Do you know if this is true too?

Maybe someone read in their local paper that US Airways is dropping service to LAS. That might be true for the readership of that local paper, whatever city it's in. It doesn't mean that the LAS station is closing.

Yah, they are pulling out completely. Last day of service is 9/20/08. So sad.

Yeah, right. Heard that PHX is closing 11/1/08. That makes about as much sense.

:eek: Oh no!............Now what we going to obliterate the public with in advertisements??? :huh:

Might want to have them check their sources. Two or threeweeks ago LAS was notified that 600 people there would be layed off, and flight swould be cut to 74 from a high last year of 141. No LAS isn't closing.

I have to ask though. What rock have you been under since this was all over this board when it was announced.

You beat me to it.  That's exactly what I thought when I read this rediculousness.
This (about LAS closing) was a tidbit from www.cnn.com -- I found it hard to believe too (I am retired) so that's why I asked this question on this board.  Figured you active employees might know more than I.  Once retired, I swear, you have no idea what's going on, and everything seems to be kept so secret.

It is heasey until it is official. Speaking of hearsey, I heard it was a severe downsizing, and not a complete closure. Information at a snails pace from this organization. Good luck.

It's NOT hearsay. LAS is downsizing by almost half. Almost 2/3rds of the managers have been told to look for more jobs. In about 2-3 weeks 600 employees are going to know that they will be furloughed. It's not a secret and has been in the news. I've also seen the flight schedules, and unless Tempe is playing a sick joke it's real.

It's NOT hearsay. LAS is downsizing by almost half. Almost 2/3rds of the managers have been told to look for more jobs. In about 2-3 weeks 600 employees are going to know that they will be furloughed. It's not a secret and has been in the news. I've also seen the flight schedules, and unless Tempe is playing a sick joke it's real.

I don't doubt that LAS is going to shrink drastically. LAS flights have probably the lowest yields on the system. When oil was $70/barrel, LAS flights were barely breaking even. With these oil prices today, LAS is bleeding cash like a slashed aorta. My guess is that MCO will be seeing a downsizing, too, as these flights are also very low yield.

Latest posts

Back