Ste Mobile Aerospace , Strike-two !

The company and the FAA don't care until someone dies . . . . and they get bad press.

AP Tech said:
"We are satisfied with St Mobile work", I believe that was the statement form one of U's company spokeman. As for people taking pride in their work careful when you make that statement about ST Mobile. The company is comprised of mostly temporary full time employee's who are brought on the property as contracts warrant. I really doubt they have any company pride as they are only employed as long as the contract lasts and then they move on to their next employer!!

I do hope the media picks up on this, will it hurt as much as when Bronner speaks?
AP TECH-wasn't there a thing with some migrant non licensed aircraft workers from miami who had problems after the first a/c was held up with the restraining order??and they went back to miami??
and didn't want to come back??
migrant aircraft workers...unlicensed to boot. :up:

AP Tech said:
"We are satisfied with St Mobile work", I believe that was the statement form one of U's company spokeman. As for people taking pride in their work careful when you make that statement about ST Mobile. The company is comprised of mostly temporary full time employee's who are brought on the property as contracts warrant. I really doubt they have any company pride as they are only employed as long as the contract lasts and then they move on to their next employer!!

I do hope the media picks up on this, will it hurt as much as when Bronner speaks?

I talked to them...did you?

A320 Driver

A320 Driver
Posted on Mar 8 2004, 12:40 PM

The aircraft made several uneventful revenue flights after it's return. It was in perfect condition on it's arrival in CLT from MAE. You people are trying to scare the public with this bologna and I hope it comes back to bite you.

I would gladly fly any A/C maintained by these folks. They also maintain United's 747s, A320s and Fed Ex's aircraft.

And THIS is exactly why the IAM should not touch any MAE aircraft until this issue is settled. Despite the fact that they are contractually the IAM's work, the minute the IAM does any repairs on any of these aircraft, it will become "responsible", in the eyes of critics, for ANY problems that occur subsuqently.

I know about log books and sign-offs, but since when do FACTs make any difference around here!

These aircraft should be under warranty(???). Let Singapore Aerospace absorb the cost of ferrying and repair until they are in serviceable condition.

Can you elaborate on the statement about the "aircraft being held hostage while doing paperwork"? Could it have been maintenance waiting for an MEL while dispatch was discussing it with MOC, maybe waiting for an EA from the only engineer on duty in the system, trying to find a FAX that worked, ect,ect.....Were the mechanics supposed to "whip" it or wait for the required paperwork. If the proper sign off is not entered in the logbook guess who gets the LOI? Its a shame about the F/A and the death of her father but with the work enviroment at U, the saying is CYA.

And by the way speaking about support, I did notice at the informational picketing at airport locations the IAM members received support from almost all the groups except...guess who??? Most made a detour around those distrubting handouts. :down:

Speaking of settled, does anyone have the timeline on the arbitration and when this mess will finally come to a close?

A320 Driver

AP Tech said:
Can you elaborate on the statement about the "aircraft being held hostage while doing paperwork"? Could it have been maintenance waiting for an MEL while dispatch was discussing it with MOC, maybe waiting for an EA from the only engineer on duty in the system, trying to find a FAX that worked, ect,ect.....Were the mechanics supposed to "whip" it or wait for the required paperwork. If the proper sign off is not entered in the logbook guess who gets the LOI? Its a shame about the F/A and the death of her father but with the work enviroment at U, the saying is CYA.

And by the way speaking about support, I did notice at the informational picketing at airport locations the IAM members received support from almost all the groups except...guess who??? Most made a detour around those distrubting handouts. :down:

Not here I won't. I wish I hadn't posted the other now. My heart went out to that lady while we waited...and waited...and waited.

A320 Driver

No, I cannot say I have spoken to them. But I do have some friends who were in the contract mtc business........

I did here that ST was having trouble getting online quickly because many of those hired to work left when the IAM got the TRO aganist the company. No work=no pay in the contract business.

About a year or so ago I was speaking with a U pilot about a lcc. I can't remember which one , but they outsourced their maintenance or at least part of it. He was trying to talk up his own airline and specifically mentioned the perils of outsourcing and how much better he felt about his own company {U} because they didn't outsource. That was good enough for me then as it is now. Best of luck to the IAM. Savy

A320,
Yes unfortunately I have been in those situations and its unfortunate. I have been the one waiting for the call to sign the book and have seen the dispair on the faces of the agents, crew, and an A/C full of passengers! It is tough on all involved. Unfortunately all groups have a few bad eggs, but I really doubt in that situation you were not dealing with one of them.....

A320 Driver

Thanks for your heart felt support! It does ones heart good knowing there are people out there that do more for their fellow co-workers than think of themselves as the center of the universe.

You certainty will not be forgotten for your empathy.

A320 Driver said:
Speaking of settled, does anyone have the timeline on the arbitration and when this mess will finally come to a close?

A320 Driver
You just don't get IT! :angry: Even when it comes to a CLOSE it will forever be an OPEN WOUND. The actions of the company is continually ruining once dedicated employees. Safety will always be #1 goal for maintenance, but beyond that all bets are off. :( So you just keep playing the blame game and trying to make yourself look like some kind of martyr in the eyes of the readers of this board. :down:

cavalier said:
A320 Driver

Thanks for your heart felt support! It does ones heart good knowing there are people out there that do more for their fellow co-workers than think of themselves as the center of the universe.

You certainty will not be forgotten for your empathy.
I was a supportive as anyone, but the misinformation that's flowing around here is waste deep. We need this situation OVER...one way or the other. When is the arbitration?

A320 Driver

Latest posts

Back