Airlines, Facing Cost Pressure, Outsource Crucial

AMFAMAN said:
That still doesn't make it okay for them to be doing 15-20 scheduled checks per day even though sufficient ground time was available state side. As far as scheduling the aircrafts for these checks, it has been proven that they can route these planes any which way they need to get the checks done. I would buy the scheduling argument that aafsc put forward if a check neded to be done overseas every once in awhile due to that plane taking the place of an out of service plane.

BTW...the most of the Europe based AMT's are making between 80 - 95k a year because of the weak dollar conversion.
[post="249669"][/post]​
I don't know where you get the figure of 15-20 checks per day. It is not accurate, not for LHR and LGW anyway. I would say that usually only 1 A-check per day is normal and that is on an overnight A/C at LHR. You may get the occasional A-check that is close to it's 75 hour limit and is done on a long turnround because of routing problems. Generally though I would say that there is say 4-5 including PS's. SIC cards are no longer accomplished. At LGW the majority of work is on other operators i.e. Continental (5 flights pd) and US Airways (4 flights pd) compared to AA's 3 pd.

So the Dollar is weak??? That is irrelavent really. The living expenses in the UK do not change because the Dollar is performing badly in the world market. Why should the UK worker be penilised for that? That's something that AA has to swallow I'm afraid, just like when they buy Jet A1 in the UK, I expect that they have to pay more for it there than they do in the US for it....

777GUY said:
I don't know where you get the figure of 15-20 checks per day. It is not accurate, not for LHR and LGW anyway. I would say that usually only 1 A-check per day is normal and that is on an overnight A/C at LHR. You may get the occasional A-check that is close to it's 75 hour limit and is done on a long turnround because of routing problems. Generally though I would say that there is say 4-5 including PS's. SIC cards are no longer accomplished. At LGW the majority of work is on other operators i.e. Continental (5 flights pd) and US Airways (4 flights pd) compared to AA's 3 pd.

So the Dollar is weak??? That is irrelavent really. The living expenses in the UK do not change because the Dollar is performing badly in the world market. Why should the UK worker be penilised for that? That's something that AA has to swallow I'm afraid, just like when they buy Jet A1 in the UK, I expect that they have to pay more for it there than they do in the US for it....
[post="249681"][/post]​

I don't really care about the dollar, just pointing out their salary and glad they can make it. The dollar reference was only made because their salary 2 years ago in dollars would be quite a bit lower being the dollar was worth more. Their salary in Euros or pounds might have climbed with the cost of living increases in their respective country, I don't know, but in dollars it has risen much more, just an observation. I really don't care what they pay in Europe, the more the better. Obviously from watching the news, it is clear that unions still have a presence there and a voice unlike the lapdog AFL_CIO unions in this country.

The 15-20 planes with scheduled checks are a total out of the country, not just the UK. If you go in Decs, you can monitor the work being done and it averages between 15-20 a day. Europe as a whole has about 7-10 a day with the rest going south of the border or Japan. On average 3-4 A checks, 10+ PS checks, some 0922 cards and a bunch of SIC are done each day.

Latest posts